***The Official Rangers V Spartak Moscow Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

1 minute ago, Scottyarf37 said:

Why no use all three subs?

Few games now Subs have been far too late. 

Lafferty and Middleton should have been on at 80 at the latest  

Both should have been on around 55/60 , that game was there for the taking.......

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Creampuff said:

Jack played well, I thought.

Jack was fucking excellent in the first half. Tired second half after being out injured but more than justified his place in the starting line up. Only once did I see him fail to find a Rangers jersey with a pass in the first half. So efficient with the ball and will be a mainstay in our midfield for years to come.

Morelos, Candieas and Tav just weren't at the level we've come to expect in Europe this Season. 

They looked tired.

Kent was fantastic when he got the ball, but Ejaria disappeared for the majority of the second half and it meant we couldn't get the ball out to Kent as much we did in the first half. 

Their subs worked well.

Frustrating as fuck. So many basic errors in the build up. Whole team were bang fucking average, Goldson looked like a bombscare sometimes. Only 2 players get pass marks for me.....Kent and Morelos. Maybe Jack too. Got to be winning games like that though...especially given the first half dominance. Everyone should take stick for that, including the boss.  

Bloody shit not taking the three points there for the taking. At the start of the season I’d have never imagined reaching the group stages. Now though I have expectations to get through the group stages and those two points dropped are a  huge blow.

6 minutes ago, AljayBoy said:

Bollocks.

I know there'll be folk that will try and look on the bright side and say "just think where we were this time last year" but the fact is we're in the group stages on merit and should've beat that mob tonight.

yea and we didnt but had enough chances to win it but lets not kid ourselves either, spartak are a good side. we shoulda win it but didnt take our chances. 

1 minute ago, BrotherTJ said:

Least we didn't lose. Spartak got more comfrtable as the game wore on and was afraid that they might get a sneaky one.

Neither team deserved to win, tbh..

That early spell in the 1st half when we were kicking it around like a team of infants, their SM confidence jumped up a few notches, not because of them, but because of us. 

Fucking nerve racking against a fucking pish side. 

Thought we were really good in the first half. Second half we were pretty shite to be honest. Ref was awful. Fell for every single dive and playacting that the Russians did. They are fucking shit though. Expected them to be a lot better than that. Still unbeaten in Europe so that's something I suppose.....

Poor second half looked like a team of strangers

Spartak well worthy of a point looked comfortable and  more likely to score second half

Our away form has been great so far we will need to do it the hard way now in Moscow

2 minutes ago, dee9 said:

So that's him shite then? 

He's been out for fucking months....who needs enemy's honestly.

Take it I'm not allowed an opinion then, whole point of a forum is it not

Archived