***The Official Rangers V Spartak Moscow Match Thread***

ForeverAndEver

3 minutes ago, RS4_wul said:

Deserved to win tonight, final ball just not good enough.  Another good European performance. We can deffo beat them away and pump Villarreal at home.

Group won, job done.

We're on our way :tu:

Can't fault your optimism but think a point in Moscow is more likely and we won't be pumping Villarreal at home they're far too good. Our best bet for a win will be away in Vienna but wouldn't be surprised if we end up with three points from our remaining three games, leaving qualification touch and go. 

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just back in a wee while ago so only read the last couple of pages.

It was a frustrating game we had more chances to score than them and the last minute one from Grezda was poor.

I never thought tonight's game would be easy and that is how it turned out, we were not great at times but would probably have taken where we are in the group before we started playing the games. I wonder why Tav keeps taking corners and free kicks when he kept wasting them like tonight, surely someone else could have a go.

We will play better and lose and play worse and win, overall I was not too disappointed. 

We didn’t disgrace ourselves tonight by any means. Clean sheet at home, dominated most of the game, created enough  chances but just couldn’t take them. Effort was there and I saw a hunger, it just wasn’t our night. That’s football. 

We’re still very much in this group, but none of these games were ever going to be easy and if we can take 4 points in the next 3 - most likely would be a win in Vienna and a point in Moscow, anything at home to Villarreal would be huge. 

These European nights is great experience for the players and the fact we still sit equal top after 3 games is well good enough for me based on where we should expect to be at this stage in our development. 

Onward now to Sunday and looking forward to a hattrick from new striker Halliday. Okay, will probably be Middleton up front and we’ll win by 2. 

Just back from the game

A really frustrating night as I felt Spartak were beatable tonight. 

Our play in the final 3rd let us down as we lacked composure. Grezda miss sums up the night.

I still feel we lack that midfield playmaker that can open up teams sitting deep. 

We need to get someone else on corners and free kicks as well. Tav delivery was terrible whole game. 

New record of 11 games unbeaten in Europe is a huge achievement.

39 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

From the 2nd half, we were lucky to get away with a 0-0. A bit more composure from them and they could've easily had 2 goals. We were caught out time and time again

Far too slow all game, players looked shit scared to do anything & again, Morelos/Kent were the only ones who seemed up for it

We had the two best chances to score. Grezda at the end and the cross where for some reason Coulibally never attacked it...

I like Arfield but sometimes players are seen better when they don't play. Jack and Ejaria did  well tonight. Coulibaly was so - so. We seemed to lack a bit of urgency tonight for some reason. Perhaps that's one of Arfields better qualities.

Just wasn't to be tonight could've played till the morning and still be nil nil ,no disgrace in a point against Spartak Moscow,we've came along way these past few years and still unbeaten in Europe need to practise our corners though or get Tav off them.

45 minutes ago, bluedylan said:

Hopefully we find someone else in the squad who has the ability to take a corner,because Tavernier is an embarrassment at taking them.

That boy who took their corner in the second half was decent. 

31 minutes ago, andyhrfc said:

We were far better than Spartak.  A bit more composure near their box and we would have won comfortably. Nothing to fear in Moscow.

And a couple of breaks of the ball going our way would've helped. Everything seemed to just bounce the wrong way for us to get a touch on it.

We're better than the . Some of the players just need to believe it.

That spartak mob are fucking shite! They were brutal and it makes it's so incredibly frustrating that we couldn't string fuck all together. Passing and corners and crossing all fucking non-existent the night. What the fuck was that ref on as well?! Spartak, the refs, us no being able to play - shocking all round.

Also, some poor cunt got bottled on the subway after the game by his fat bird. 

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

The referee tonight was terrible.

He fell for Spartak play acting and some of the decisions he gave were laughable. 

And is a foul throw no longer a part of the game. They hardly put the ball behind their head all night before throwing it in.

Ref was poor but we still should've put away a couple of decent chances 

4 minutes ago, To Be A Ranger said:

And a couple of breaks of the ball going our way would've helped. Everything seemed to just bounce the wrong way for us to get a touch on it.

We're better than the . Some of the players just need to believe it.

Correct.  On another day that deflection or second ball would have ended up in the back if the net and we would be celebrating a 3-0 or 4-0.

Archived