How far we have come - a cliche

MattyBlue

Watched the highlight vid from BT on bus back from game and it really makes it look a lot worse that we didn't get a goal tonight. Yes it was frustrating and we all wanted to win, I think it's even more clichéd to say look how far we've come (even though it's true) but the main thing about tonight that pleased me was how comfortable we look at this level. Barring the odd misplaced pass or wrong decision in final 3rd we didn't look out of place and to be top of our group after 3 games? Outstsanding. Back to business on Sunday though. Let's go. 

1 hour ago, piperpete said:

Definitely not but they would be challenging for the Spfl if they played here and probably win it 

That spartak team would get slaughtered at Tynie, chamber of secrets and Easter road. 

Im proud of our newly set record and our form. 

HOWEVER Hamilton, 2nd half tonight were nowhere near good enough to win the title. That’s all I care about. Some on here call it negative, it’s not. It’s calling a spade a spade. 

Gaffer has improved us no end, but we still have to keep improving. We aren’t there yet.

Before a ball was kicked this season if somebody said we would qualify for the group stages and be on 5 points after 3 games you would have told them to stop huffing their sisters nail polish remover.

Aye I think on another day we should have kicked on and put that game to bed in the first half but in perspective vs this time last season we are moving in the right direction.

If we sort out our away form in the league we have every reason to threaten a bit of optimism.

2 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

That spartak team would get slaughtered at Tynie, chamber of secrets and Easter road. 

Im proud of our newly set record and our form. 

HOWEVER Hamilton, 2nd half tonight were nowhere near good enough to win the title. That’s all I care about. Some on here call it negative, it’s not. It’s calling a spade a spade. 

Gaffer has improved us no end, but we still have to keep improving. We aren’t there yet.

We are nowhere near the finished article and I would imagine nowhere near where SG thought he would be but still doesn’t change to progress we have made in such a short time.

That Spartak team would do well in our league.

7 minutes ago, piperpete said:

We are nowhere near the finished article and I would imagine nowhere near where SG thought he would be but still doesn’t change to progress we have made in such a short time.

That Spartak team would do well in our league.

Their owner is supposedly worth 5 billion. They have money to burn.. how much is their team worth?

1 hour ago, cr3_bear said:

I wasn't nervous , genuinley never thought they  posed much of a threat just frustrated we didn't up our game  . 

Felt as if we had played at the same tempo we did against Rapid that they were for the taking.   End of the day we've come a long way in a short time, now we need to win on Sunday. 

Normally the subway loyal doesnt bother me, each to their own and all that, but t9night it really pissed me off seeing loads piss off with 8 mins to go, especially as we left it late against vienna, hardly any cunt left.some people have either very short selective memories regarding the last 6 years, the old firm and motherwell play off humiliations, waiting for the bus for stirling albion away while bus after bus full of mhanks headeded towards parkhead to see them beat barca.i thought that would be enough to bring us all togetjer as one for a couple of seasons at least under our young gaffer, a ypung team who have restored some of our pride by defying the odds with 3 games left, to sit equal on points and drawing with villareal....away. not angry......feel gutted about it, and it feels worse.wish they just didnt come at all.we nearly won it with the last kick of the game for fuck sake..

No Surrender 

Rab

We’ve got a team which has been together for a few months and cost next to nothing in European terms yet folk expect us to run over the top of sides that are playing in Europe every season. Go and watch a recording of our game in Luxembourg and then compare it to where we are now. Even compared to Hamilton at the weekend we were like Barcelona in the first half tonight, a reality check is definitely needed by a lot of fans. We have been awful against the scum,Livingston and Hamilton and are rookies in Europe but are still in a great position so just enjoy it.

There is no doubting the progress made under SG & Co. Massively improved and decidedly more entertaining although with the odd hiccup thrown in for good measure. That’s football I guess, made worse by our own increased levels of expectation and long may this be the case. Interesting to see how much the views have changed on youngsters Ryan Kent and Ovie Ejaria. A couple of months back they were worse than bad and now they are verging on being off the scale, in demand and now the subject of transfer talk. 

Last night we lacked a bit of composure at key times but we were in the game for the most part and with a bit more consistency, just like Kent, we will be there.

Loving the ride, here’s to a good win on Sunday.

7 hours ago, Dickie said:

We’ve got a team which has been together for a few months and cost next to nothing in European terms yet folk expect us to run over the top of sides that are playing in Europe every season. Go and watch a recording of our game in Luxembourg and then compare it to where we are now. Even compared to Hamilton at the weekend we were like Barcelona in the first half tonight, a reality check is definitely needed by a lot of fans. We have been awful against the scum,Livingston and Hamilton and are rookies in Europe but are still in a great position so just enjoy it.

:thinking:

Yea, just a spot on appraisal of where we are right now.

Said it right after final whistle that it showed how far we have come that we are disappointed with the result and its one that got away. Here's hoping lessons have been learned but to be fair we were playing a team who are no mugs and have recent CL experience and managed to go toe to toe with them. Changed days from 6 months ago.

The photo of the ball on top of the hedge at Brechin in our first game in division 3 when we were just delighted to have a club to support to now and all that surrounds us tells me where we are at, if anyone does not have it get the Willie Vass book the journey, it tells the story over the piece in great pictures.