Europa Group G Table

Virtuoso

If you had offered me 5 points from 9 when the group was drawn, I would have bitten your hand off. 

Tonight but was really frustrating as Spartak were very beatable. 

The away game in Moscow is huge for us. If we can get something out of that, we'll be in a great position to qualify. 

Show's how far we have came imo. Cunts raging with a 0-0 draw with Spartak Moscow. Disappointed we didn't win last night as well, but Europe is a bonus I personally didn't expect us to get through the 2nd/3rd round when I seen some of the teams but now after 3 games we are joint top. If Villarreal win all there remaining games and we get at least a draw at both Moscow and Vienna we are through.

The negative pish on here is unbelievable. Yep we could have beaten them and no we didn't play as well as we should have.

But cast your minds back to when Gerard was appointed all the doom and gloom merchants were in full flight.

They were here again when the Europa cup qualifiers started but we managed to get through that. Then when the draw was made for the groups even more wailing and gnashing of teeth.

Now here we are three games in, three to go sitting on top of the group and they're at it again. Even if we don't qualify, the manager, the team, the play is so far ahead of where we have been for the last five years its like day and night.

If you gave some on here a bar of gold they would complain it was too heavy to carry.

Frustrating last night but think people are just nit picking moaning about the line up. Go to social media or the match thread on here and it’s pretty much the side everyone predicted/wanted bar maybe Katic for Worrall.

is there someone out there’s who’s worked out what exactly we need to qualify and what scenerios can occur etc? 

I really don’t think it’s as bad as it’s getting made out to be. 

A win and draw in the double header against Spartak and we were practically through. That still hasn’t changed. It isn’t beyond us to go there and win. I was surprised at how almost average they actually were considering they won the league a year or two ago. 

They’re not going to defend as deep as that at home and that’s where I feel we can take advantage because we created 4-5 decent chances last night, just our decision making and finishing was poor and that was with them playing for the point for over 70 minutes 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

I really don’t think it’s as bad as it’s getting made out to be. 

A win and draw in the double header against Spartak and we were practically through. That still hasn’t changed. It isn’t beyond us to go there and win. I was surprised at how almost average they actually were considering they won the league a year or two ago. 

They’re not going to defend as deep as that at home and that’s where I feel we can take advantage because we created 4-5 decent chances last night, just our decision making and finishing was poor and that was with them playing for the point for over 70 minutes 

?

Good post mate ..... You're reading of the situation coincides with mine .... plus our away form has been good so we have no reason to be nervous.

We have played all the teams now and we know what we are up against .... and none of them are unbeatable ..... we still have a good chance to win the group and be seeded ... failing that we should still go through comfortably to the last 32 stage.

:UK: