Europa Group G Table

Virtuoso

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

Good post mate ..... You're reading of the situation coincides with mine .... plus our away form has been good so we have no reason to be nervous.

We have played all the teams now and we know what we are up against .... and none of them are unbeatable ..... we still have a good chance to win the group and be ceded ... failing that we should still go through comfortably to the last 32 stage.

:UK:

on our WAYYYYYYYYYYY

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

?

Good post mate ..... You're reading of the situation coincides with mine .... plus our away form has been good so we have no reason to be nervous.

We have played all the teams now and we know what we are up against .... and none of them are unbeatable ..... we still have a good chance to win the group and be ceded ... failing that we should still go through comfortably to the last 32 stage.

Love to be ceded

4 hours ago, Sket said:

Top of the group after 3 games but that's us out now :lol: Fucking mongos man.

Aye when you word it like that it does seem a bit ridiculous. It's a story we've seen quite a few times before that's the problem. 

When I look at then bigger picture I’m not too downhearted. If we miss out I’ll obviously be disappointed but to be fair the group stages was the goal this season.

If the worse was to happen it would allow us to focus on the league which has to be the priority.

The way the group is shaping up and I reckon two draws against Spartak and Rapid will be enough. Assuming Villarreal win all their remaining games which is likely to happen

That will leave us on 7 points. 

No team can catch us if that happens as the best Rapid could do is 7 points but we would be ahead on h2h and the best Spartak could do is 6 points.

1 hour ago, King Jela said:

And it’ll be all our own fault 

It will be 

If we had won last night

We could probably afford the loss in Moscow .Assuming they would still be 3 pts behind us 

It would have been 1 win and a draw after that to qualify probably 

Now we have it all to do

23 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive been a bit surprised at how poor these actually teams are. When this draw was made I thought we would struggle to get points on the board - on paper we are talking la Liga and Russian premier league sides - but not only haven't they beat us - they haven't really looked likely to.

Don't get me wrong I think Villareal will win the group and there is a good chance they will beat us at Ibrox - but it's not the doing I was kind of expecting/dreading from any of these teams - far from it

Vilareal might be qualified by the time we play them, so they might rest there squad  

20 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

Ive been a bit surprised at how poor these actually teams are. When this draw was made I thought we would struggle to get points on the board - on paper we are talking la Liga and Russian premier league sides - but not only haven't they beat us - they haven't really looked likely to.

Don't get me wrong I think Villareal will win the group and there is a good chance they will beat us at Ibrox - but it's not the doing I was kind of expecting/dreading from any of these teams - far from it

Perhaps The Rangers name still carries the high reputation of being formidable opponents in Europe mate.

I agree that the performances of all the teams we have met so far has been less than we thought .... but that may be down to their previously high reputations also ... all subjective of course .... we have been punching above our weight and have done well so far and long may it continue .... it will if we seriously start to be more clinical with the goal opportunities we make .... this also applies to the domestic games .... when we can do that then we're onto a winner ... (memo to self ... no fucking shit Sherlock) .... :p:

8 hours ago, sausagetrunks said:

Vilareal might be qualified by the time we play them, so they might rest there squad  

Looked like Spartak rested their first team players last night, wouldnt read anything into that - there will still be quality to hit us and we shouldn't think any of the remaining games will be anything other than a real challenge. 

51 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Looked like Spartak rested their first team players last night, wouldnt read anything into that - there will still be quality to hit us and we shouldn't think any of the remaining games will be anything other than a real challenge. 

there was one change from the villareal game apparently. 

Three points.

1.   The SG factor puts the shits up opposition.

2.   Ibrox.   Shit atmosphere last night but the opposition generallyknow they are up against it. 

3.  We are playng better opposition than in the SPL and raise our game accordingly.