***The Official Rangers V Aberdeen Match Thread***

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, GeeSS said:

McGregor

Tav.    Goodson.    Worrall.      Flanagan ?

Jack.      Coulibaly.     Ejaria

Candieas          Grezda             Kent  

If Arfield is fit I would play him in place of Coulibaly and I might even consider Halliday in place of Flanagan who is a disaster waiting to happen  I also think we will probably start with Fodringham between the sticks 

After last night, I wouldn't be optimistic with that team.

Hopefully Borna makes it as the other two options aren't good enough. 

Looking at the middle, I hope Arfield is fit. 

44 minutes ago, Dazzler said:

After last night, I wouldn't be optimistic with that team.

Hopefully Borna makes it as the other two options aren't good enough. 

Looking at the middle, I hope Arfield is fit. 

Borna  is out according to SG last night

2 hours ago, bigsasasfloopyhair said:

Think it’ll be a lot tougher than others think.

Seen nothing in Grezda that would make me confident in him starting anywhere.

Will Wes play because it’s the cup? 

Hopefully can add Rossiter & Arfield back into the squad.

Kent would cause problems through the middle but would be a huge miss out wide.

Lot of tough choices to come for the gaffer. 

I’m struggling to see who will play upfront. True headache for SG. Grezda seems like a confidence player and not sure it’s the right game for him.

Suppose it keeps the Sheep guessing.

If we had Morelos or Lafferty available I would be very confident but not having a recognised striker makes things difficult.

Can't be any long balls because no one will win them. Has to be tricky, pacey players up top to try and cause them problems and get them running in behind.

1 hour ago, Amac9 said:

If we had Morelos or Lafferty available I would be very confident but not having a recognised striker makes things difficult.

Can't be any long balls because no one will win them. Has to be tricky, pacey players up top to try and cause them problems and get them running in behind.

Might work to our advantage then.

Few times last night (and recently) Goldson has punted long and we lost possesion.

Sometimes it works... but only if ball is near Morelos, and players dont dive to ground like he has shot them.

If we have to play ball on ground via Kent, Ejaria, Arfield(?) or Jack then it may be better.

Our fast pace passing has been impressive in some games this year.

13 hours ago, james_85 said:

Very worried about the lack of strikers for this game. Grezda doesn't look fit. Would like to see Middleton, Kent and Candeias as a front 3. Big open park and plenty of pace

That would be my front 3. Big open park hampden? Thats a myth its only marginally bigger than Ibrox. The running track makes the pitch look bigger 

Tough game expected. Sheep will be right up for this and look to make it a battle. I expect Kent and Jack to be targetted.

Play like we can and we'll pump them. Play like we did v Motherwell, Livi, or much of games v Hamilton and last night and we'll not go through.

42 minutes ago, Sportingintegritymyarse said:

Tough game expected. Sheep will be right up for this and look to make it a battle. I expect Kent and Jack to be targetted.

Play like we can and we'll pump them. Play like we did v Motherwell, Livi, or much of games v Hamilton and last night and we'll not go through.

I find it hard to believe that if we play like we did last night that the sheep will punish us :lol:

If Arfield is fit I reckon this will be the line-up:

1163087185_RangersvsAberdeen.thumb.png.79aa606fe184739577c9f00d7cb93c9d.png

That front 3 will interchange throughout the game and the reason I reckon Grezda will feature over Middleton is the fact he can play anywhere across the front 3 as could the other 2, I can't see Middleton being in the central or right wing if I'm being honest, his strength is beating full backs and hitting the byeline.

Really need Arfield back for this one.

10 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

If Arfield is fit I reckon this will be the line-up:

1163087185_RangersvsAberdeen.thumb.png.79aa606fe184739577c9f00d7cb93c9d.png

That front 3 will interchange throughout the game and the reason I reckon Grezda will feature over Middleton is the fact he can play anywhere across the front 3 as could the other 2, I can't see Middleton being in the central or right wing if I'm being honest, his strength is beating full backs and hitting the byeline.

Really need Arfield back for this one.

McGregor won't play 

1 minute ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Forgetting that we usually play Fod in league cup games.....though perhaps this one is too important to rotate?

Nah Wes will play, same way he'll play regardless of who we meet in the final.

Always the second choice keeper in the league cup. Seems to be the way of it regardless of manager 

2 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

Forgetting that we usually play Fod in league cup games.....though perhaps this one is too important to rotate?

Absolutely.

Fod wasn't exactly reliable even as our No.1, imagine throwing him into this?

1 hour ago, .Williamson. said:

I find it hard to believe that if we play like we did last night that the sheep will punish us :lol:

Couldn't finish our dinner, sloppy at times, give decent chances away and seem to lack urgency in pressing? I can.

Some stuff last night was good, but much of that attacking play came through Morelos. No one will do what he does. 

I think the sheep will be good enough to score if we aren't tighter than last night. Which would need us having to score without a recognised striker.

So you're wrong ?

Archived