Ryan Hardie?

stevemac

5 minutes ago, Hutton2008 said:

Aye his agent wears a mask.

Hardie is a natural finisher and still a kid. Better served been developed by us.

Ageed mate. Can’t remember who it was against but the day he came on at Ibrox and got a double, looked composed and ready for a run that never came. I remember being especially pleased for him as his parents were in the stands that day watching, how great must that be for a bear ffs. 

From BBC Sport

'Hardie was the most fitting person on the pitch to seal the victory. It was the on-loan Rangers striker's first goal of the season in his only start of the campaign so far.

He has been hampered by a long-term foot injury but there was no holding back when he put his laces through the ball and fired it high into the net.'

He's definitely a goalscorer. The only doubt was whether he could do it in the top league. He's done it today and if he keeps it up we should be giving him a chance with us 

8 hours ago, cushynumber said:

He is too light weight,  not clever enough and not fast enough for the spfl. 

He’s only 21 so you’d expect he’ll fill out a bit in the next few years. 

I think he’ll be a decent striker in the “stand near the box and just score goals” mould. Whether it’ll be to the standard we require remains to be seen, but he’s a decent player.

12 hours ago, cushynumber said:

He is too light weight,  not clever enough and not fast enough for the spfl. 

That's not really been proven yet that he isn't clever enough, unless you want to count his brief sub appearances as a sub for us?

As for being lightweight, he's quite a tall lad at 6'2" and can easily add strength/size if he so wished but maybe it would affect his game?

He is definitely fast enough as well, don't know how you can say that when Kris Boyd was top spfl goalscorer last season. 

Ryan has had good loans spells and consistently scored goals both at club and youth international level, he's never been given a proper chance here and I'm not sure he ever will but will go on to make a decent career for himself I think, a good Bear as well and a nice lad.

5 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

That's not really been proven yet that he isn't clever enough, unless you want to count his brief sub appearances as a sub for us?

As for being lightweight, he's quite a tall lad at 6'2" and can easily add strength/size if he so wished but maybe it would affect his game?

He is definitely fast enough as well, don't know how you can say that when Kris Boyd was top spfl goalscorer last season. 

Ryan has had good loans spells and consistently scored goals both at club and youth international level, he's never been given a proper chance here and I'm not sure he ever will but will go on to make a decent career for himself I think, a good Bear as well and a nice lad.

Remember him coming on as a sub under Stuart McCall and scoring 2 he looked quick and switched on to me. That was 2015 if I remember right? Can't remember who we were playing.

2 minutes ago, terry739 said:

Remember him coming on as a sub under Stuart McCall and scoring 2 he looked quick and switched on to me. That was 2015 if I remember right? Can't remember who we were playing.

Would have been around then mate, he scored 2 in his first start at Dumbarton albeit Championship level.

He's no slouch, don't know why anybody would say he isn't fast enough tbh.

3 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Would have been around then mate, he scored 2 in his first start at Dumbarton albeit Championship level.

He's no slouch, don't know why anybody would say he isn't fast enough tbh.

I remember that he was fast enough that day, anyway! If I remember right he ran with one from the halfway line!

On 27/10/2018 at 08:49, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

The whole thing is bonkers.

He's not good enough, shouldn't have been offered a new deal, but given he was it would have been better having him here as 4th striker not getting a game than there not getting one.

He’s 21 - scoring goals for fun at livvy and been out injured and just started his comeback.

best write him off quick!  Ffs! 

9 minutes ago, terry739 said:

I remember that he was fast enough that day, anyway! If I remember right he ran with one from the halfway line!

Canny mind if I am honest mate, those dark days are somewhat clouded in my memory although I will remember them all when we get 55.

Wouldn't get too hung up on his speed anyway, I have never seen a player move quicker on a football pitch than Umar Sadiq in that friendly against Wigan (and I have seen Usain Bolt play in the Australian league) and he is fucking abysmal.

7 minutes ago, Bluepeter9 said:

He’s 21 - scoring goals for fun at livvy and been out injured and just started his comeback.

best write him off quick!  Ffs! 

He has scored 1 goal in the SPL and 8 in the championship last season, but tbf he has only played like 15 games or so.

5 minutes ago, j1mgg said:

What is it with this lightweight shit, sounds like the prehistoric thinking that keeps the Scottish game in the dark ages.

Xavi, Iniesta and Messi would never have made it in Scotland.