Ryan Hardie?

stevemac

1 hour ago, 35 Yard Dangerman said:

First game in years I've watched that doesn't involve us and I must say, what a fucking pile of shite this league actually is.

The Tony Macaroni stadium wae six cunts in the stand taking 5 aff "title contenders" lol.

I agree.

Couldn’t believe the defensive shambles as the league leaders coughed up their unbeaten tag at Ibrox, too.

Sounds as if they’ve had another meltdown tonight!

6 minutes ago, HG5 said:

I agree.

Couldn’t believe the defensive shambles as the league leaders coughed up their unbeaten tag at Ibrox, too.

Sounds as if they’ve had another meltdown tonight!

Shite will always be shite. Hearts, Hibs, Aberdeen etc. 

Brass neck these teams actually thinking they are important these days.

Defending was shocking but the pass from the boy who came on that led to one of their goals was great quality.

Menga looked pretty good too, as strong as Morelos and some good skill. Reminded me a bit of Waghorn.

Think the league's as healthy as it's been for years and there are some decent players outside of us and them.

9 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He makes some great runs and those were two very good goals from him. Not sure he's our level but if he continues to improve and score regularly in the league then who knows.

Lafferty his Villareal goal apart has been a huge letdown, if Hardie leaves at the end of the season without playing for us we will never know but he would have been a better and cheaper option than Lafferty.

It will be absurd if we go into the 2nd half of the season with only AM and KL upfront whilst a Rangers forward plays and scores on loan in the same league.

I want Solanke in on loan but tbh I'd bring Hardie back too and give him chances in games before I'd persist with the under achieving Lafferty.

17 minutes ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

It will be absurd if we go into the 2nd half of the season with only AM and KL upfront whilst a Rangers forward plays and scores on loan in the same league.

I want Solanke in on loan but tbh I'd bring Hardie back too and give him chances in games before I'd persist with the under achieving Lafferty.

Solankes seems to be injured again at the moment. Hope Hardie gets a chance with us. 

3 minutes ago, mark1963 said:

Solankes seems to be injured again at the moment. Hope Hardie gets a chance with us. 

Imo we should have 3 1st team level forwards competing for jersey(s) along with a promising youth promoted from the academy.

The reality is we've got one capable forward in Morelos, one shirt filler in Lafferty who can't be relied on to impact well on a game, and Hardie out on loan. Only one youth has been given a chance that I recall and he got injured.

It's a no brainer to bring in more quality and if it can't be better than Hardie I'd rather give him a shot than not.

The whole thing about giving him another year then loaning him out appears a nonsense unless there's more to it, ie potential development fees etc, that's not obvious at the moment.

1 hour ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Imo we should have 3 1st team level forwards competing for jersey(s) along with a promising youth promoted from the academy.

The reality is we've got one capable forward in Morelos, one shirt filler in Lafferty who can't be relied on to impact well on a game, and Hardie out on loan. Only one youth has been given a chance that I recall and he got injured.

It's a no brainer to bring in more quality and if it can't be better than Hardie I'd rather give him a shot than not.

The whole thing about giving him another year then loaning him out appears a nonsense unless there's more to it, ie potential development fees etc, that's not obvious at the moment.

This. 

It just seems bizarre that the most natural finisher at the club can't get into a team that's crying out for one. I love Morelos, and he's capable of scoring great goals, but imo Hardie has a better instinct in front of goal. It would be great to have both in the side. 

9 minutes ago, jamess said:

Sometimes I wonder why we bother with youth development as we very rarely give them a chance.

The reason for this is because it's so rare for a Scottish youth at 17-20 to be better than the pro ahead of him.

And if there is a player likely to be able to walk into the team he'll now be poached by a bigger league, like Gilmour.

A Barry Ferguson or Gilmour (albeit he has everything still to prove) is a once in 10-15 years player.

18 hours ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

He makes some great runs and those were two very good goals from him. Not sure he's our level but if he continues to improve and score regularly in the league then who knows.

He might not be our level, he might be. 

He needs to be here developing and stepping in when Alfredo is banned and lafferty plays pish as usual.

We should be developing the Hardie’s, Mccrories etc rather than Liverpool’s U23s. At least there is a huge benefit to it. Nobody can say (with the exception of Kent at times) we have been improved by any of the loan signings. 

Hardie is a boy that could grow and go on to be a top striker dedicated to the bears.

Even Alfredo has an expiration date in the next 24months. He goes somewhere else and we are at a loss. Probable less than 24 months.

The tarriers have their own boys coming through who have spent years around their 1st team and aren’t leaving anytime soon. We also have quality youngsters and they should be around our first team.

54 minutes ago, Laudrupsleftfoot said:

The reason for this is because it's so rare for a Scottish youth at 17-20 to be better than the pro ahead of him.

And if there is a player likely to be able to walk into the team he'll now be poached by a bigger league, like Gilmour.

A Barry Ferguson or Gilmour (albeit he has everything still to prove) is a once in 10-15 years player.

I disagree, they cunts have more in their first team now than we habe brought through in decades.  I feel its more a fan mentality.  Perfect example would be middleton atm and the abuse he gets here is uncalled for at times.  As long as i can remember going back to the mid 80s we were always a buying club hence the comment about 1 youth player every 15 years or so

5 hours ago, Hutton2008 said:

He might not be our level, he might be. 

He needs to be here developing and stepping in when Alfredo is banned and lafferty plays pish as usual.

We should be developing the Hardie’s, Mccrories etc rather than Liverpool’s U23s. At least there is a huge benefit to it. Nobody can say (with the exception of Kent at times) we have been improved by any of the loan signings. 

Hardie is a boy that could grow and go on to be a top striker dedicated to the bears.

Even Alfredo has an expiration date in the next 24months. He goes somewhere else and we are at a loss. Probable less than 24 months.

The tarriers have their own boys coming through who have spent years around their 1st team and aren’t leaving anytime soon. We also have quality youngsters and they should be around our first team.

Stop talking sense - its not welcome round here.

21 minutes ago, Waggy1872 said:

Just done what we couldn’t the other night and scored against hibs 

Just came back from injury and scored against hearts and hivs.  But he's not good enough in many eyes. We are short of strikers,  but ignore him - I just don't understand.