Gerrard

Lloyd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 hours ago, Bluepeter9 said:

Why do folk still think Change is easy - SG is doing better than I though but anyone who doesn’t realise that with all the changes we need some stability and 2-3 more transfer windows to really be back.

this thread like other threads is just the same over reactive nonsense we don’t need but keep repeating. 

You get a lot of stick on here and sometimes you've been too defensive in my opinion, however this is correct.

By the way another controversial statement. We didn't bottle it. We just weren't good enough to score.

I also think we were the better team without being able to break them down.

That's what I saw and why j think the reaction is ridiculous

I'm hoping he will get a few more players in the Jan window and now knows who to get rid off as can't handle our jersey.

We need to give him time as we are doing fine .

We're  still in Europe and it's the first season for a lot of this team  and I'm hoping we can only get stronger .

2 minutes ago, surfsup2 said:

I'm hoping he will get a few more players in the Jan window and now knows who to get rid off as can't handle our jersey.

We need to give him time as we are doing fine .

We're  still in Europe and it's the first season for a lot of this team  and I'm hoping we can only get stronger .

He could start by playing our Croatian International left back and our big money summer signing..

24 minutes ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Anyone calling for his head or even thinking about it is a complete spastic.

I'll be the one to bite here...

But how can you say anyone even thinking about it is a 'spastic'? He deserves a bit more time but if its not starting to cross your mind that he might not be the right guy then you're wearing blinkers.

When do we start thinking about it then in your eyes? Is it when we're knocked out the Scottish cup? Is it when we're mathematically out the league picture again? Is it when Gerrard has spent another 7/8 million on players who apparently, in his words, don't have the quality to break down an Aberdeen side who are the worst they've been in years?

He should never have got the job in the first place & only did because of who he was as a player and the commercial aspects he brought to the club but the simple fact is, he's a complete rookie manager who tactically, is out his depth. Everybody wants him to do well but there's been massive red flags for months now domestically (Aberdeen, Livingston, Motherwell, Taigs, even Hamilton for 80 minutes). He keeps making the same mistakes again and again, he doesn't appear to be learning or wiling to change anything, the same 2 things that Warburton/Pedro got fucking hounded for.

In Europe he's done brilliant to get as far as he's got but he's never going to get judged on what happens in Europe, that's a free shot and the players seem to know that too, they go out and burst their arse in Europe because its a stage to put themselves on the map and get moves elsewhere. Domestically, the results have to start improving or people are well within their right to call for his head.

1 minute ago, Valance1690 said:

But how can you say anyone even thinking about it is a 'spastic'? He deserves a bit more time but if its not starting to cross your mind that he might not be the right guy then your wearing blinkers.

When do we start thinking about it then in your eyes? Is it when we're knocked out the Scottish cup? Is it when we're mathematically out the league picture again? Is it when Gerrard has spent another 7/8 million on players who apparently, in his words, don't have the quality to break down an Aberdeen side who are the worst they've been in years?

He should never have got the job in the first place & only did because of who he was as a player and the commercial aspects he brought to the club but the simple fact is, he's a complete rookie manager who tactically, is out his depth. Everybody wants him to do well but there's been massive red flags for months now domestically (Aberdeen, Livingston, Motherwell, Taigs, even Hamilton for 80 minutes). He keeps making the same mistakes again and again, he doesn't appear to be learning or wiling to change anything, the same 2 things that Warburton/Pedro got fucking hounded for.

In Europe he's done brilliant to get as far as he's got but he's never going to get judged on what happens in Europe, that's a free shot and the players seem to know that too, they go out and burst their arse in Europe because its a stage to put themselves on the map and get moves elsewhere. Domestically, the results have to start improving or people are well within their right to call for his head.

Nailed it...........

Wow some people are just mental! 

We lose a semi final and the 1st thing some want to do is put our new rookie manager on the clock or get rid straight away 

we are not even half way thru his first season as a first team manager and he has tried to build a whole new team which is a massive over haul. This was always going to take time. We have made some good full time signings and the rest has been made up with loans. Over the next 2 windows I’m sure we will try to get full time signings for the positions that Gerrard feels we are still lacking in. There is no point in us becoming a club that changes manager every year we need to be patient and look at the bigger picture. Last season we were being beaten by everybody and their dog at ibrox 

we have now turned that round and I’m sure we will get more consistency away from home in time 

56 minutes ago, Gazzalivesforever said:

Im not buying in to this whole "if i have to buy better quality players for when he get to this stage then thats what i will do." Thats complete rubbish. Do Aberdeen have better quality players than us? No they dont. Its about desire and mentality. Its having the balls and courage to stand up and say "im going to be the man that wins us this game today." We currently have players who lack that mental strength. 

I certainly think a sports psychologist should be considered, we have far too many players who seem to crumble in big games as well as playing on plastic pitches. 

The final 3rd of the field is where the problem is, its like a mental block, even if we had Morelos I'm no sure we'd have scored, was the same at ibrox on Thursday, there's been a few game's like that this season, I'm still behind the manager but he should have changed it up with 20mins to go, he had more than enough time to be pro active. 

23 minutes ago, livibear101 said:

Wow some people are just mental! 

We lose a semi final and the 1st thing some want to do is put our new rookie manager on the clock or get rid straight away 

we are not even half way thru his first season as a first team manager and he has tried to build a whole new team which is a massive over haul. This was always going to take time. We have made some good full time signings and the rest has been made up with loans. Over the next 2 windows I’m sure we will try to get full time signings for the positions that Gerrard feels we are still lacking in. There is no point in us becoming a club that changes manager every year we need to be patient and look at the bigger picture. Last season we were being beaten by everybody and their dog at ibrox 

we have now turned that round and I’m sure we will get more consistency away from home in time 

I agree . Stability is definitely what we need now . And without a shadow of a doubt . SG is the man to bring us success.

I fully expect the beggar riddled media to start planting the seeds of doubt, in the weak of minds amongst bears anytime soon .They know it would be a major GIFUY if they helped hunt SG out of our club .

I truly despair for the guys that have to slag SG after that last night . Sure he has his failings and he is no doubt making mistakes .

Will he learn . Time will tell but he is not even close to bringing us the humiliation Pedro brought us . Or the garbage MW brought to the side.And don't even mention the years with McCoist . We were a wreck

We have now got our pride back . Sore one last night but it was a game that should have been won with some better players

Every weekend . I look forward to watching our club play . That has not been the case for me these last 7 years

Be careful what you wish for

57 minutes ago, the brown brogue said:

With Glenn Hoddle being in the news right now I've seen a few times about his managerial spell at Chelsea where he couldn't understand why his players couldn't do the things he used to be able to do. I wonder if there's elements of this with Gerrard? 

It could be that m8. Even I look at them & wonder why they can't do what I can STILL do, and that is cross a ball, take a decent corner or free-kick & have a shot at goal when it's on.

1 hour ago, stewaj3 said:

This. Some of the overreacting on here has been shocking. He's had one window. Taken us to the top of a group stage in Europe, that we never thought we'd get to. 

Yes our away form needs to improve. Yes we need to be more consistent and yes we need a bit more attacking quality to unlock defences.

However we've dominated that game and the improvement on last season is huge. We've got to give Gerrard backing. He's a young boss who will make mistakes, but he will get better and his team will get better.

Read someone say it was our worst semi final defeat ever- fuck me did they not see Dundee United tearing us apart a few years ago? The game against them under Kenny clipboard McDowell. 

We will get better and this team are the best we've had since Walter Smith's Rangers. I've no doubt about that. Keep the faith

"Taken us to the top of a group stage in Europe"  Europa League, and after 3 games.

"Yes our away form needs to improve. Yes we need to be more consistent and yes we need a bit more attacking quality to unlock defences." Our away form needs to improve. We need to be more consistent and we need a lot more attacking quality to unlock defences.

"we've dominated that game" They let us have the ball. That was their plan.

"The game against them under Kenny clipboard McDowell" We're better than we were under McDowall, hip hip hooray.

55 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

But how can you say anyone even thinking about it is a 'spastic'? He deserves a bit more time but if its not starting to cross your mind that he might not be the right guy then you're wearing blinkers.

That's a bigger load of utter pish than even I post.

Just now, OhW said:

"Taken us to the top of a group stage in Europe" after 3 games.

"Yes our away form needs to improve. Yes we need to be more consistent and yes we need a bit more attacking quality to unlock defences." Our away form needs to improve. We need to be more consistent and we need a lot more attacking quality to unlock defences.

"we've dominated that game" They let us have the ball. That was their plan.

"The game against them under Kenny clipboard McDowell" We're better than we were under McDowall, hip hip hooray.

1.Yes 3 games - in a tough group. That we never expected to reach. That when we did reach we thought we'd struggle in.

2. Cool so in agreement

3. They let us have the ball? Did they? They wanted us to attack them and be in control of it whilst they weren't able to do anything bar one set piecr? We were the better team. Prior to last year they'd have come at us, the fact that they have to make it difficult is testament to how far we've come. They know they can't beat us if they played openly.

4.Nice pick a snippet of what I said. Not just McDowells team, this is the best team since Walter Smith's Rangers.

8 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

1.Yes 3 games - in a tough group. That we never expected to reach. That when we did reach we thought we'd struggle in.

2. Cool so in agreement

3. They let us have the ball? Did they? They wanted us to attack them and be in control of it whilst they weren't able to do anything bar one set piecr? We were the better team. Prior to last year they'd have come at us, the fact that they have to make it difficult is testament to how far we've come. They know they can't beat us if they played openly.

4.Nice pick a snippet of what I said. Not just McDowells team, this is the best team since Walter Smith's Rangers.

You're being positive for the sake of being positive. You say "group stage in Europe" instead of saying Europa League, trying to squeeze out every drop of possible positivity.

You say "yes our away form needs to improve" as if you recognise it but its no big deal. Just say "our away form needs to improve". 

Aberdeen's plan was to sit back and try to score from a set piece. You can't deny that.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's a bigger load of utter pish than even I post.

Insightful reply...tell me, what part of it is utter pish?

Has he spent a good bit of money and is now saying we don't have the quality to trouble teams like Aberdeen?

Did he get the job because of his fantastic track record as a manager or because of who he was as a player?

Has there been red flags of things going wrong domestically against Hamilton, Livingston, Motherwell, celtic & now Aberdeen, all within 3 months?

Is he trying to change things or doing the same mistakes again and again? Subs being a prime example, we don't make changes unless its reactive. 2 subs whipped off the bench yesterday after they'd scored, could've done with them 20 minutes before that, same mistake he made again Hamilton a week ago.

Archived