Gerrard

Lloyd

Easy to be an opposing manager against us , simple tactics 11 men behind the ball and counter attack in the last 20 mins when they'll be fucked. Gerrards totally clueless how to break down a mass defence and as for his subs ffs, we used to laugh at warburton for his 60 min subs but at least it gave them a chance to get in the game',Gerrard thinks putting a sub on with minutes to go is fine. Why he played Sadiq and never made subs after an hour is disgraceful 

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If we know teams are going to sit in then we should have a game plan to combat it, pretty fucking simple. That's four or five games this season where we've been frustrated by teams sitting in with a low block, all the players acknowledge it in their after game comments so why the fuck aren't we doing anything about it?

Gerrard definitely deserves more time and patience from us, we can't keep changing managers and over-haling squads - especially when the majority of the season we've been a really good team. However he needs to learn from these mistakes really fast. 

There are two legacy players that Steven continually puts his faith in. Why, God only knows, but he has a blind spot for them and they are at the root of what is wrong. They ain't shite, but they ain't good enough either in both mentality and ability.

As for the rest, just more journeyman, some better that others. Sometimes they click, sometimes they don't.

We need 3 to 4 in of serious quality who can step forward when needed.

You are only as good as your weakest link and we have a few from defence to attack.

We all know who they are.

Gerrard needs to respond quicker with his substitutions.  sadiq was fucked around about 60 min  can't blame him given the amount of game time he's had .can't understand even without a recognised striker on the bench what is the point of still having a player on the pitch that became ineffective. Generally we played well thought we would still beat a pish Aberdeen side but without morelos and lafferty we were toothless and inept with ideas up front. 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Anyone calling for his head or even thinking about it is a complete spastic.

Why cos he’s Steven Gerrard and a really famous ex player.

Im not suggesting he gets sacked but he’s certainly due all the criticism he is getting. A fair few decisions already this season have been questionable.

A year ago Caixinha was sacked for being 3rd in the league after 9 games with the same points as we have currently while sitting in 5th and also losing in the league cup semi final.

Ironicaly we play Kilmarnock at home again midweek after the semi defeat. 

What is the difference in Gerrard being given time and Caixinha being hounded out?

And you can’t use Europe as an excuse cos that’s irrelevant just now when we’ve not won a domestic trophy in 8 years.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Im not suggesting he gets sacked but he’s certainly due all the criticism he is getting. A fair few decisions already this season have been questionable.

A year ago Caixinha was sacked for being 3rd in the league after 9 games with the same points as we have currently while sitting in 5th and also losing in the league cup semi final.

What is the difference in Gerrard being given time and Caixinha being hounded out?

And you can’t use Europe as an excuse cos that’s irrelevant just now when we’ve not won a domestic trophy in 8 years.

Why is Europe irrelevant? We’ve played almost as many games in Europe as we have domestically. You can’t just dismiss a massive portion of our season and say it’s irrelevant to try and make your argument stronger :lol:

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There are two legacy players that Steven continually puts his faith in. Why, God only knows, but he has a blind spot for them and they are at the root of what is wrong. They ain't shite, but they ain't good enough either in both mentality and ability.

As for the rest, just more journeyman, some better that others. Sometimes they click, sometimes they don't.

We need 3 to 4 in of serious quality who can step forward when needed.

You are only as good as your weakest link and we have a few from defence to attack.

We all know who they are.

Good post BA, if you kept it simple mate like that more of the time, and not go on so many rants I would like more of your posts. :thumbsup:

Gerrard is 100% to blame for yesterday. I am convinced that absolutely anyone (including Grezda and Halliday) would have done a better job than Sadiq last night. His inability to substitute him at HT for fear of owning up to his mistake was the killer for us.

Speaking of subs- he must start being more proactive. Just because things are 'going OK' doesn't mean a sub isn't appropriate. Subs bring energy, and they bring an uncertainty that the opposing team needs to react to. As soon as Aberdeen scored last night, we all knew that was it. All they had to do was sit in for ten minutes, and christ knows that they did it well enough for the previous 80. An earlier sub could have avoided that completely.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why is Europe irrelevant? We’ve played almost as many games in Europe as we have domestically. You can’t just dismiss a massive portion of our season and say it’s irrelevant to try and make your argument stronger :lol:

The league title is more important than Europe. We need to stop the scum getting another title. We don't need to get to another uefa final. 

2 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Gerrard is 100% to blame for yesterday. I am convinced that absolutely anyone (including Grezda and Halliday) would have done a better job than Sadiq last night. His inability to substitute him at HT for fear of owning up to his mistake was the killer for us.

Speaking of subs- he must start being more proactive. Just because things are 'going OK' doesn't mean a sub isn't appropriate. Subs bring energy, and they bring an uncertainty that the opposing team needs to react to. As soon as Aberdeen scored last night, we all knew that was it. All they had to do was sit in for ten minutes, and christ knows that they did it well enough for the previous 80. An earlier sub could have avoided that completely.

agree with that. Its not just about reacting to what the other team do - its making them react to what you do

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Of course it is if we are woeful domestically.

People are papering over the cracks with Europe seeing as we had to play so many qualifiers. 

I’d rather win the league cup than make the last 16 of the Europa league.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

The league title is more important than Europe. We need to stop the scum getting another title. We don't need to get to another uefa final. 

Using that logic then why are people so mad about yesterday then? After all it’s a cup competition that isn’t going to have any affect on celtic winning the league...

Every game we play matters, and every tournament we are in matters. People can’t just pick and choose certain games and competitions and judge Gerrard on them alone. He needs to be judged over the whole.

6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

How the fuck can you not use Europe??

We lost in the 1st round to the 4th best team in Luxembourg....Pedro was already on thin ice after some serious poor results from the previous campaign.....he was dead man walking after the progres tie.

We have improved significantly under Gerrard....you can't say that Europe doesn't count because it suits your argument, SG was and still is a gamble and he will be the 1st to admit that he is still learning, yesterday was a disaster but going into the game without a recognised striker was overlooked by many in here as most believed that we just had to turn up.

He says he needs better quality players for certain areas so let's see the board support this and we can make an honest assessment at the end of the season. 

The scatter gun approach of ripping it up and starting again is becoming the norm for in here, give him time...fuck me he has only had 1 transfer window to deal in  after last season we have improved with better players but the big game winning mentality is still lacking...maybe just maybe certain players who survived the summer's cull could be the problem??

2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Of course it is if we are woeful domestically.

People are papering over the cracks with Europe seeing as we had to play so many qualifiers. 

I’d rather win the league cup than make the last 16 of the Europa league.

Being woefully domestically doesn’t make what we have done in europe irrelevant. Ignoring the good parts of our season to make the bad parts looks worse is a bullshit argument and if it’s one you truly believe then I assume you won’t be going to Europa League games or coming on here to comment on performances and games in that competition seeing as you think it’s so irrelevant?

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Using that logic then why are people so mad about yesterday then? After all it’s a cup competition that isn’t going to have any affect on celtic winning the league...

Every game we play matters, and every tournament we are in matters. People can’t just pick and choose certain games and competitions and judge Gerrard on them alone. He needs to be judged over the whole.

Every game is Important but you can't choose to say Gerrards a success because of the European run when domestically we're failing. Taking them all into account are you saying he's been a success so far? 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Being woefully domestically doesn’t make what we have done in europe irrelevant. Ignoring the good parts of our season to make the bad parts looks worse is a bullshit argument and if it’s one you truly believe then I assume you won’t be going to Europa League games or coming on here to comment on performances and games in that competition seeing as you think it’s so irrelevant?

Well of course I’ll go to the games but I’d rather sort out domestic football rather than have a run inthe Europa League.

Gerrard was brought in to win us the league and domestic trophies. Europe is a sideshow.

49 minutes ago, OhW said:

You're being positive for the sake of being positive. You say "group stage in Europe" instead of saying Europa League, trying to squeeze out every drop of possible positivity.

You say "yes our away form needs to improve" as if you recognise it but its no big deal. Just say "our away form needs to improve". 

Aberdeen's plan was to sit back and try to score from a set piece. You can't deny that.

No I'm not I just recognise how bad things have been and how much better we've been this season.

I'm pretty sure the away form comment is exactly what I said. We struggle to break teams down who put ten behind the ball, we do lack a bit of quality in those games.

What did you expect in one window? Us to go from being fucking dreadful to champions League winners?

If you can't see positives from this season and how much we've improved then I I can't make you

3 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

It does if we struggle in the league. Being in Europe after Christmas is irrelevant to me if we’ve been knocked out of the cups and still sitting 5th in the League.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

Every game is Important but you can't choose to say Gerrards a success because of the European run when domestically we're failing. Taking them all into account are you saying he's been a success so far? 

I never said he’s been a success so far. He’s been a mixed bag but I think we’ve seen enough to say that he deserves time to develop and learn as a manager - and yes the European run is a big part of me forming that opinion. We can’t keep ripping it up and starting over every six months because 1) we aren’t going attract a manager of a higher level. After four managers in four years you would think people would realise that by now and 2) unless somebody comes in and injects a lot of money into the club we aren’t going to get the quick fix that people still seem to think this is.

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Our Run in Europe will yield us more money than we can win in Scotland,  winning the league and stopping the scum is massively important but making sure we are making money is equally important to us as a club just now, this place is insane at times,  we genuinely go from sacking managers and getting rid of most players to them being the greatest thing since sliced bread in a matter of days, level headed approaches are very rarely taken on board in this forum.....if people think getting rid of Gerrard after 4mnths into his tenure is viable then I doubt we will ever get the stability required to stop the filth.

Archived