55 minutes ago, Valance1690 said:

I'll be the one to bite here...

But how can you say anyone even thinking about it is a 'spastic'? He deserves a bit more time but if its not starting to cross your mind that he might not be the right guy then you're wearing blinkers.

When do we start thinking about it then in your eyes? Is it when we're knocked out the Scottish cup? Is it when we're mathematically out the league picture again? Is it when Gerrard has spent another 7/8 million on players who apparently, in his words, don't have the quality to break down an Aberdeen side who are the worst they've been in years?

He should never have got the job in the first place & only did because of who he was as a player and the commercial aspects he brought to the club but the simple fact is, he's a complete rookie manager who tactically, is out his depth. Everybody wants him to do well but there's been massive red flags for months now domestically (Aberdeen, Livingston, Motherwell, Taigs, even Hamilton for 80 minutes). He keeps making the same mistakes again and again, he doesn't appear to be learning or wiling to change anything, the same 2 things that Warburton/Pedro got fucking hounded for.

In Europe he's done brilliant to get as far as he's got but he's never going to get judged on what happens in Europe, that's a free shot and the players seem to know that too, they go out and burst their arse in Europe because its a stage to put themselves on the map and get moves elsewhere. Domestically, the results have to start improving or people are well within their right to call for his head.

That's a bigger load of utter pish than even I post.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone calling for his head or even thinking about it is a complete spastic.

The Treble's off....get Stevie G tae fuck! Reckon if i left it at that i'd get a fair few likes.... It is astonishing that some on here are talking about sacking the manager. New manage

I'll say what I said early on In the season though. We need to give SG at least 3 windows. We can't just chop and change managers. It was imo always going to take three transfer windows to fix th

Posted Images

Just now, OhW said:

"Taken us to the top of a group stage in Europe" after 3 games.

"Yes our away form needs to improve. Yes we need to be more consistent and yes we need a bit more attacking quality to unlock defences." Our away form needs to improve. We need to be more consistent and we need a lot more attacking quality to unlock defences.

"we've dominated that game" They let us have the ball. That was their plan.

"The game against them under Kenny clipboard McDowell" We're better than we were under McDowall, hip hip hooray.

1.Yes 3 games - in a tough group. That we never expected to reach. That when we did reach we thought we'd struggle in.

2. Cool so in agreement

3. They let us have the ball? Did they? They wanted us to attack them and be in control of it whilst they weren't able to do anything bar one set piecr? We were the better team. Prior to last year they'd have come at us, the fact that they have to make it difficult is testament to how far we've come. They know they can't beat us if they played openly.

4.Nice pick a snippet of what I said. Not just McDowells team, this is the best team since Walter Smith's Rangers.

8 minutes ago, stewaj3 said:

1.Yes 3 games - in a tough group. That we never expected to reach. That when we did reach we thought we'd struggle in.

2. Cool so in agreement

3. They let us have the ball? Did they? They wanted us to attack them and be in control of it whilst they weren't able to do anything bar one set piecr? We were the better team. Prior to last year they'd have come at us, the fact that they have to make it difficult is testament to how far we've come. They know they can't beat us if they played openly.

4.Nice pick a snippet of what I said. Not just McDowells team, this is the best team since Walter Smith's Rangers.

You're being positive for the sake of being positive. You say "group stage in Europe" instead of saying Europa League, trying to squeeze out every drop of possible positivity.

You say "yes our away form needs to improve" as if you recognise it but its no big deal. Just say "our away form needs to improve". 

Aberdeen's plan was to sit back and try to score from a set piece. You can't deny that.

7 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

That's a bigger load of utter pish than even I post.

Insightful reply...tell me, what part of it is utter pish?

Has he spent a good bit of money and is now saying we don't have the quality to trouble teams like Aberdeen?

Did he get the job because of his fantastic track record as a manager or because of who he was as a player?

Has there been red flags of things going wrong domestically against Hamilton, Livingston, Motherwell, celtic & now Aberdeen, all within 3 months?

Is he trying to change things or doing the same mistakes again and again? Subs being a prime example, we don't make changes unless its reactive. 2 subs whipped off the bench yesterday after they'd scored, could've done with them 20 minutes before that, same mistake he made again Hamilton a week ago.

Ivybank likes this

Easy to be an opposing manager against us , simple tactics 11 men behind the ball and counter attack in the last 20 mins when they'll be fucked. Gerrards totally clueless how to break down a mass defence and as for his subs ffs, we used to laugh at warburton for his 60 min subs but at least it gave them a chance to get in the game',Gerrard thinks putting a sub on with minutes to go is fine. Why he played Sadiq and never made subs after an hour is disgraceful 

If we know teams are going to sit in then we should have a game plan to combat it, pretty fucking simple. That's four or five games this season where we've been frustrated by teams sitting in with a low block, all the players acknowledge it in their after game comments so why the fuck aren't we doing anything about it?

Gerrard definitely deserves more time and patience from us, we can't keep changing managers and over-haling squads - especially when the majority of the season we've been a really good team. However he needs to learn from these mistakes really fast. 

There are two legacy players that Steven continually puts his faith in. Why, God only knows, but he has a blind spot for them and they are at the root of what is wrong. They ain't shite, but they ain't good enough either in both mentality and ability.

As for the rest, just more journeyman, some better that others. Sometimes they click, sometimes they don't.

We need 3 to 4 in of serious quality who can step forward when needed.

You are only as good as your weakest link and we have a few from defence to attack.

We all know who they are.

Bears r us likes this

Gerrard needs to respond quicker with his substitutions.  sadiq was fucked around about 60 min  can't blame him given the amount of game time he's had .can't understand even without a recognised striker on the bench what is the point of still having a player on the pitch that became ineffective. Generally we played well thought we would still beat a pish Aberdeen side but without morelos and lafferty we were toothless and inept with ideas up front. 

1 hour ago, The Ibrox Derry said:

Anyone calling for his head or even thinking about it is a complete spastic.

Why cos he’s Steven Gerrard and a really famous ex player.

Im not suggesting he gets sacked but he’s certainly due all the criticism he is getting. A fair few decisions already this season have been questionable.

A year ago Caixinha was sacked for being 3rd in the league after 9 games with the same points as we have currently while sitting in 5th and also losing in the league cup semi final.

Ironicaly we play Kilmarnock at home again midweek after the semi defeat. 

What is the difference in Gerrard being given time and Caixinha being hounded out?

And you can’t use Europe as an excuse cos that’s irrelevant just now when we’ve not won a domestic trophy in 8 years.

19 minutes ago, Blue Avenger said:

There are two legacy players that Steven continually puts his faith in. Why, God only knows, but he has a blind spot for them and they are at the root of what is wrong. They ain't shite, but they ain't good enough either in both mentality and ability.

As for the rest, just more journeyman, some better that others. Sometimes they click, sometimes they don't.

We need 3 to 4 in of serious quality who can step forward when needed.

You are only as good as your weakest link and we have a few from defence to attack.

We all know who they are.

Good post BA, if you kept it simple mate like that more of the time, and not go on so many rants I would like more of your posts. :thumbsup:

Blue Avenger likes this

Gerrard is 100% to blame for yesterday. I am convinced that absolutely anyone (including Grezda and Halliday) would have done a better job than Sadiq last night. His inability to substitute him at HT for fear of owning up to his mistake was the killer for us.

Speaking of subs- he must start being more proactive. Just because things are 'going OK' doesn't mean a sub isn't appropriate. Subs bring energy, and they bring an uncertainty that the opposing team needs to react to. As soon as Aberdeen scored last night, we all knew that was it. All they had to do was sit in for ten minutes, and christ knows that they did it well enough for the previous 80. An earlier sub could have avoided that completely.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why is Europe irrelevant? We’ve played almost as many games in Europe as we have domestically. You can’t just dismiss a massive portion of our season and say it’s irrelevant to try and make your argument stronger :lol:

The league title is more important than Europe. We need to stop the scum getting another title. We don't need to get to another uefa final. 

2 minutes ago, Bydo said:

Gerrard is 100% to blame for yesterday. I am convinced that absolutely anyone (including Grezda and Halliday) would have done a better job than Sadiq last night. His inability to substitute him at HT for fear of owning up to his mistake was the killer for us.

Speaking of subs- he must start being more proactive. Just because things are 'going OK' doesn't mean a sub isn't appropriate. Subs bring energy, and they bring an uncertainty that the opposing team needs to react to. As soon as Aberdeen scored last night, we all knew that was it. All they had to do was sit in for ten minutes, and christ knows that they did it well enough for the previous 80. An earlier sub could have avoided that completely.

agree with that. Its not just about reacting to what the other team do - its making them react to what you do

Bears r us and Bydo like this
5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Why is Europe irrelevant? We’ve played almost as many games in Europe as we have domestically. You can’t just dismiss a massive portion of our season and say it’s irrelevant to try and make your argument stronger :lol:

Of course it is if we are woeful domestically.

People are papering over the cracks with Europe seeing as we had to play so many qualifiers. 

I’d rather win the league cup than make the last 16 of the Europa league.

8 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

Good post BA, if you kept it simple mate like that more of the time, and not go on so many rants I would like more of your posts. :thumbsup:

Other posters give me grief if I get too many likes, so I have to rant to not disappoint them.j

??

cushynumber and Bears r us like this
2 hours ago, Valance1690 said:

Remember where we were last year?

End of October 2017, we'd just been knocked out the cup at Hampden by Motherwell after a terrible performance (that's not improved) 

And we were sitting 3rd in the table with everybody was going off their nut because the league was basically done already, we were 6 behind the taigs and 5 behind Aberdeen 

We're sitting 5th now and are 8 points off the leaders. The only reason we're still close to the taigs is because they've been just as shit as us in the league so far 

Domestically, under Gerrard, we're no better than we were with Murty/Pedro 

Absolutely detest this 'look where we were last year or years ago argument'... will be hearing the same pish in 3 years time in doubt!

As you factually pointed out, domestically there has been no improvement. Gerrard getting a free pass again by some, probably same ones who stuck by Pedro for far too long. 'Let's see where we are come xmas' when it was clear as day we were going nowhere under that muppet. 

Some are claiming the difference from last year is huge, absolute head in the sand myth!

Personally I've never be up on this appointment and albeit there has been some good things mostly in Europe against teams out of form may I add, ultimately there is just as many negatives! 

Valance1690 likes this
6 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Why cos he’s Steven Gerrard and a really famous ex player.

Im not suggesting he gets sacked but he’s certainly due all the criticism he is getting. A fair few decisions already this season have been questionable.

A year ago Caixinha was sacked for being 3rd in the league after 9 games with the same points as we have currently while sitting in 5th and also losing in the league cup semi final.

Ironicaly we play Kilmarnock at home again midweek after the semi defeat. 

What is the difference in Gerrard being given time and Caixinha being hounded out?

And you can’t use Europe as an excuse cos that’s irrelevant just now when we’ve not won a domestic trophy in 8 years.

How the fuck can you not use Europe??

We lost in the 1st round to the 4th best team in Luxembourg....Pedro was already on thin ice after some serious poor results from the previous campaign.....he was dead man walking after the progres tie.

We have improved significantly under Gerrard....you can't say that Europe doesn't count because it suits your argument, SG was and still is a gamble and he will be the 1st to admit that he is still learning, yesterday was a disaster but going into the game without a recognised striker was overlooked by many in here as most believed that we just had to turn up.

He says he needs better quality players for certain areas so let's see the board support this and we can make an honest assessment at the end of the season. 

The scatter gun approach of ripping it up and starting again is becoming the norm for in here, give him time...fuck me he has only had 1 transfer window to deal in  after last season we have improved with better players but the big game winning mentality is still lacking...maybe just maybe certain players who survived the summer's cull could be the problem??

stewaj3 and minstral like this
2 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Of course it is if we are woeful domestically.

People are papering over the cracks with Europe seeing as we had to play so many qualifiers. 

I’d rather win the league cup than make the last 16 of the Europa league.

Being woefully domestically doesn’t make what we have done in europe irrelevant. Ignoring the good parts of our season to make the bad parts looks worse is a bullshit argument and if it’s one you truly believe then I assume you won’t be going to Europa League games or coming on here to comment on performances and games in that competition seeing as you think it’s so irrelevant?

4 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Using that logic then why are people so mad about yesterday then? After all it’s a cup competition that isn’t going to have any affect on celtic winning the league...

Every game we play matters, and every tournament we are in matters. People can’t just pick and choose certain games and competitions and judge Gerrard on them alone. He needs to be judged over the whole.

Every game is Important but you can't choose to say Gerrards a success because of the European run when domestically we're failing. Taking them all into account are you saying he's been a success so far? 

1 minute ago, DBBTB said:

Being woefully domestically doesn’t make what we have done in europe irrelevant. Ignoring the good parts of our season to make the bad parts looks worse is a bullshit argument and if it’s one you truly believe then I assume you won’t be going to Europa League games or coming on here to comment on performances and games in that competition seeing as you think it’s so irrelevant?

Well of course I’ll go to the games but I’d rather sort out domestic football rather than have a run inthe Europa League.

Gerrard was brought in to win us the league and domestic trophies. Europe is a sideshow.

49 minutes ago, OhW said:

You're being positive for the sake of being positive. You say "group stage in Europe" instead of saying Europa League, trying to squeeze out every drop of possible positivity.

You say "yes our away form needs to improve" as if you recognise it but its no big deal. Just say "our away form needs to improve". 

Aberdeen's plan was to sit back and try to score from a set piece. You can't deny that.

No I'm not I just recognise how bad things have been and how much better we've been this season.

I'm pretty sure the away form comment is exactly what I said. We struggle to break teams down who put ten behind the ball, we do lack a bit of quality in those games.

What did you expect in one window? Us to go from being fucking dreadful to champions League winners?

If you can't see positives from this season and how much we've improved then I I can't make you

cushynumber likes this