Gerrard

Lloyd

4 hours ago, Muz333 said:

I reckon we might have got something against celtic if not for Europe that week but I’m not sure it made a difference in the rest of the away performances.

I suppose a slight worry I have with Gerrard is a similar one that I have with imports in general and that's that they value European football above domestic because they know that's where their next employer will be. I suppose Brenda has been a bit of a disaster in this respect with every stinking result in Europe lessening his chance of a decent job after septic :lol:  

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Treble's off....get Stevie G tae fuck!

Reckon if i left it at that i'd get a fair few likes....

It is astonishing that some on here are talking about sacking the manager.

New manager, new backroom staff, new team. We didn't even have a scouting network FFS

Wiping the floor with teams at Ibrox. Exceeding everyones expectations in Europe. Away form needs to improve domestically.

In the eyes of most SG's got two years to stop 9IAR, 3 years to stop 10IAR.

Personally i couldnt give a flying fuck about stopping them hitting those milestones as we weren't even in the league for the majority of their titles FFS so it's a completely empty statistic. Its like bragging about humping a 5 side team who only had 4 players turn up and had to play with a 'backie'.

Short term gain = Long term pain. Short term pain = Long term gain

SG, like pretty much every manager, needs time and certainly any Rangers manager picking up the pieces of the last 2-3 years needs time to fix it, root and branch.

I don't think SG should be sacked.  Crazy talk just now. I am still hopeful things will get back on track. 

We are all sore due to recent poor games and decisions.  Criticism and disappointment is expected,  but some on here need to calm down a little and see what happens come 2nd half of this season.  It may improve yet. 

The Sunday game was probably the biggest eye opener yet for SG, hopefully.  

For me the main worry is that we just can't get one big performance domestically out of these players and past squads for like 3-4 years now except that game vs scum in the league cup semi final I believe. Every other big important game we just lose and come up short or completely buckle altogether. I just want to see us win a meaningful trophy again.

37 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

For me the main worry is that we just can't get one big performance domestically out of these players and past squads for like 3-4 years now except that game vs scum in the league cup semi final I believe. Every other big important game we just lose and come up short or completely buckle altogether. I just want to see us win a meaningful trophy again.

You ignoring the match up at Aberdeen where we outplayed them for 80 mins with 10 men or the spankings we’ve given Dundee, St Johnstone and Hearts? 

Just because we didn’t beat the Sheep doesn’t mean it wasn’t a big performance.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

We had five loan players on the on against Aberdeen should never happen at a club as big as Rangers I could take it if they were of exceptional quality but that's just not the case.

What dyou suggest then?

Spend money we’ve not got on 5 players and hope they justify the fees, promote 5 from the youth squad and hope they continue progressing, or a bit of both?

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

You ignoring the match up at Aberdeen where we outplayed them for 80 mins with 10 men or the spankings we’ve given Dundee, St Johnstone and Hearts? 

Just because we didn’t beat the Sheep doesn’t mean it wasn’t a big performance.

The game against Hearts was a big one with them top of the league, both Dundee and St Johnstone are struggling and we should be beating them tbh.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

What dyou suggest then?

Spend money we’ve not got on 5 players and hope they justify the fees, promote 5 from the youth squad and hope they continue progressing, or a bit of both?

We could have not spent 2 million on an injured grezda Katic was not needing to be replaced by Worrall I could go on but you get the gist.

3 hours ago, beararse said:

New manager, new backroom staff, new team. We didn't even have a scouting network FFS

Wiping the floor with teams at Ibrox. Exceeding everyones expectations in Europe. Away form needs to improve domestically.

Personally i couldnt give a flying fuck about stopping them hit they milestones as we weren't even in the league for the majority of their titles FFS so it's a completely empty statistic. Its like bragging about humping a 5 side team who only had 4 players turn up and had to play with a 'backie'.

SG, like pretty much every manager, needs time and certainly any Rangers manager picking up the pieces of the last 2-3 years needs time to fix it, root and branch.

Stop talking sense FFS!

19 minutes ago, Smile said:

We could have not spent 2 million on an injured grezda Katic was not needing to be replaced by Worrall I could go on but you get the gist.

Agree with Katic/Worral although Worral does looks fairly solid. As for Grezda, time will tell once fully fit.

Kent and Ejaria are two of our better players and most on here were singing the praises of Coulibaly pre injury.

The Sadiq loan is the only one who seems to have failed.

So, 4 out the 5 loans have worked out OK so far.

Not a bad return, and like or not it is something we all need to get used to. You dont talk about employing a Loan Manager if you don't plan to exploit that market.

4 hours ago, beararse said:

Personally i couldnt give a flying fuck about stopping them hitting those milestones as we weren't even in the league for the majority of their titles FFS so it's a completely empty statistic. Its like bragging about humping a 5 side team who only had 4 players turn up and had to play with a 'backie'.

best post I've read in a while.

5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Apart from the fact his second point is a lot of pish

What? The scouting network?

We didn't have a scouting network for a considerable period of time until a year ago to this very day.

D'you think an effective scouting network is established as soon as it is unveiled?

A lack of emerging, scouted talent at the club would also hinder a manager so whilst I may not have been specific enough for your liking in my comment, it still rings true.

We didn't have a scouting network for a number of years. The very years where we most definitely should have had one as it happens.

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

Agree with Katic/Worral although Worral does looks fairly solid. As for Grezda, time will tell once fully fit.

Kent and Ejaria are two of our better players and most on here were singing the praises of Coulibaly pre injury.

The Sadiq loan is the only one who seems to have failed.

So, 4 out the 5 loans have worked out OK so far.

Not a bad return, and like or not it is something we all need to get used to. You dont talk about employing a Loan Manager if you don't plan to exploit that market.

Kent has done well as has Ejaria but for me, both have performed better in European games than in the Spl Kent has done better in the SPL but Ejaria holds onto the ball too long and stifles play for me. 

I do not rate Worrall at all he looks slow and cumbersome and passes to opposition players too much. I think we had to give Billy Kirkwood something after his success with the youths when Murty was fucking up the first team.

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Kent has done well as has Ejaria but for me, both have performed better in European games than in the Spl Kent has done better in the SPL but Ejaria holds onto the ball too long and stifles play for me. 

I do not rate Worrall at all he looks slow and cumbersome and passes to opposition players too much. I think we had to give Billy Kirkwood something after his success with the youths when Murty was fucking up the first team.

That's a fair appraisal. I'd prefer to see Katic playing. He seems more dynamic than Worral who doesnt look as mobile. He is a solid unit tho'.

I love watching Ejaria play but agree he is still a bit ponderous but he is improving. A more settled midfield would suit him, and Coulibaly IMO

34 minutes ago, beararse said:

What? The scouting network?

We didn't have a scouting network for a considerable period of time until a year ago to this very day.

D'you think an effective scouting network is established as soon as it is unveiled?

A lack of emerging, scouted talent at the club would also hinder a manager so whilst I may not have been specific enough for your liking in my comment, it still rings true.

We didn't have a scouting network for a number of years. The very years where we most definitely should have had one as it happens.

We had a scouting network months before Gerrard came, so your point was pish. 1-0 me

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We had a scouting network months before Gerrard came, so you're point was pish. 1-0 me

30th October 2017 to 1st June 2018 then?

Gerrard is one lucky fellow to have such a well established network in place for a full 7 months.

Im not saying it doesn't exist. Im saying it didn't exist. Big difference.

You still win tho' ?

10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

I'd get a doctor's appointment as you clearly have amnesia or dementia if you think Ejaria is the most frustrating player you can remember playing for us ?

Archived