3 hours ago, Dickie said:

Your definition of success is a million miles away from mine.

Not really....i want the same as you. Success and a successful season, given the context of where we've come from and where this team is in it's development are two different things. Relative success will be when we can claim to be the best team in Scotland again. Thereafter, we can dream.

• Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone calling for his head or even thinking about it is a complete spastic.

The Treble's off....get Stevie G tae fuck! Reckon if i left it at that i'd get a fair few likes.... It is astonishing that some on here are talking about sacking the manager. New manage

I'll say what I said early on In the season though. We need to give SG at least 3 windows. We can't just chop and change managers. It was imo always going to take three transfer windows to fix th

Posted Images

3 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

You mentioned Steve Clarke - This is a guy who took over a Kilmarnock side that was bottom of the league, has spent nothing since he took over, yet has averaged more league points per game than us for over a year now.  Not only has Steve Clarke's side averaged more points per game but he's beaten celtic twice which is something we haven't done since April 2016.  Last season you said Clarke only achieved what he did because he had some EPL quality players there (you were talking about Mulumbu and some defender they had on loan) but that's been proven as absolute bullshit.  Mulumbu has left, signed for celtic, and Kilmarnock still beat Rodgers' team.  Clarke is doing an exceptional job for Kilmarnock and perhaps we should've gone after him in the summer because he represents the 'safe pair of hands' we need for stability going forward.  Is Steve Clarke a realistic option for Rangers?  Yes.

I always said Mulumbu only played for the cameras and you would have a point about my point being absolute bullshit if they hadn’t actually taken Tshibola on loan again this season.

Clarke has done well at Kilmarnock, nobody will say otherwise, but managing Rangers is a different beast entirely. The type of football he plays wouldn’t work against teams who treat us like their cup final every week.

18 hours ago, TMB said:

I think we can attract a better manager than Steven Gerrard.  They may not have the billboard name of Steven Gerrard but there's certainly better out there.  

I agree it's not an easy task to find a quality manager as our club have shown ever since Walter left.  McCoist, Warburton, Pedro, Murty, we've certainly made a cunt of it but that doesn't mean good managers aren't out there.  The most important thing is to learn from our mistakes and by appointing Gerrard it seems like we haven't learned.  McCoist was a big name player and club legend but absolutely clueless as a manager and the support were unified in the idea that a rookie should never cut his teeth at a club of this size when he left.  Yet, here we are again repeating the same mistakes of the past.

You say there isn't a manager out there who can fix our problems overnight.  I'm not expecting an overnight night fix but I do expect to see substantial progress after a £10m summer investment what was labelled the toughest preseason camp ever.  Gerrard also said his team now had a winning mentality but where was that yesterday?  Where was it against Livingstone?

You mentioned Steve Clarke - This is a guy who took over a Kilmarnock side that was bottom of the league, has spent nothing since he took over, yet has averaged more league points per game than us for over a year now.  Not only has Steve Clarke's side averaged more points per game but he's beaten celtic twice which is something we haven't done since April 2016.  Last season you said Clarke only achieved what he did because he had some EPL quality players there (you were talking about Mulumbu and some defender they had on loan) but that's been proven as absolute bullshit.  Mulumbu has left, signed for celtic, and Kilmarnock still beat Rodgers' team.  Clarke is doing an exceptional job for Kilmarnock and perhaps we should've gone after him in the summer because he represents the 'safe pair of hands' we need for stability going forward.  Is Steve Clarke a realistic option for Rangers?  Yes.

On your last point, this support has no patients.  If we keep this inconsistent league form, if we keep hovering around the mid table, if celtic keep beating us in the head to heads, the fans will turn against Gerrard.  celtic have had their worst league start in decades yet they're still above us and now look like they'll pick up the first silverware of the season.  We need to start winning league games consistently from now until the next Old Firm game or the wheels will come off our season.

In many aspects Gerrard has performed above expectations and in others he’s lacking. 

The boards calamitous approach to running a football club is the real reason our progress has been slow. Our net spend has been highest in the league for 2 seasons, we have a DoF who isn’t up to the job and a rookie manager with a blank cheque book. Not hard to see why we are struggling.

16 hours ago, Thermopylae said:

Perhaps we wouldn't be 5th in the league if we weren't in Europe? 

I reckon we might have got something against celtic if not for Europe that week but I’m not sure it made a difference in the rest of the away performances.

4 hours ago, Muz333 said:

I reckon we might have got something against celtic if not for Europe that week but I’m not sure it made a difference in the rest of the away performances.

I suppose a slight worry I have with Gerrard is a similar one that I have with imports in general and that's that they value European football above domestic because they know that's where their next employer will be. I suppose Brenda has been a bit of a disaster in this respect with every stinking result in Europe lessening his chance of a decent job after septic :lol:  

I don't think SG should be sacked.  Crazy talk just now. I am still hopeful things will get back on track. 

We are all sore due to recent poor games and decisions.  Criticism and disappointment is expected,  but some on here need to calm down a little and see what happens come 2nd half of this season.  It may improve yet. 

The Sunday game was probably the biggest eye opener yet for SG, hopefully.  

Bears r us likes this

For me the main worry is that we just can't get one big performance domestically out of these players and past squads for like 3-4 years now except that game vs scum in the league cup semi final I believe. Every other big important game we just lose and come up short or completely buckle altogether. I just want to see us win a meaningful trophy again.

37 minutes ago, keithgersbear said:

For me the main worry is that we just can't get one big performance domestically out of these players and past squads for like 3-4 years now except that game vs scum in the league cup semi final I believe. Every other big important game we just lose and come up short or completely buckle altogether. I just want to see us win a meaningful trophy again.

You ignoring the match up at Aberdeen where we outplayed them for 80 mins with 10 men or the spankings we’ve given Dundee, St Johnstone and Hearts? 

Just because we didn’t beat the Sheep doesn’t mean it wasn’t a big performance.

7 minutes ago, Smile said:

We had five loan players on the on against Aberdeen should never happen at a club as big as Rangers I could take it if they were of exceptional quality but that's just not the case.

What dyou suggest then?

Spend money we’ve not got on 5 players and hope they justify the fees, promote 5 from the youth squad and hope they continue progressing, or a bit of both?

5 minutes ago, beararse said:

You ignoring the match up at Aberdeen where we outplayed them for 80 mins with 10 men or the spankings we’ve given Dundee, St Johnstone and Hearts? 

Just because we didn’t beat the Sheep doesn’t mean it wasn’t a big performance.

The game against Hearts was a big one with them top of the league, both Dundee and St Johnstone are struggling and we should be beating them tbh.

1 minute ago, beararse said:

What dyou suggest then?

Spend money we’ve not got on 5 players and hope they justify the fees, promote 5 from the youth squad and hope they continue progressing, or a bit of both?

We could have not spent 2 million on an injured grezda Katic was not needing to be replaced by Worrall I could go on but you get the gist.

3 hours ago, beararse said:

The Treble's off....get Stevie G tae fuck!

Reckon if i left it at that i'd get a fair few likes....

It is astonishing that some on here are talking about sacking the manager.

New manager, new backroom staff, new team. We didn't even have a scouting network FFS

Wiping the floor with teams at Ibrox. Exceeding everyones expectations in Europe. Away form needs to improve domestically.

In the eyes of most SG's got two years to stop 9IAR, 3 years to stop 10IAR.

Personally i couldnt give a flying fuck about stopping them hit they milestones as we weren't even in the league for the majority of their titles FFS so it's a completely empty statistic. Its like bragging about humping a 5 side team who only had 4 players turn up and had to play with a 'backie'.

Short term gain = Long term pain. Short term pain = Long term gain

SG, like pretty much every manager, needs time and certainly any Rangers manager picking up the pieces of the last 2-3 years needs time to fix it, root and branch.

Stop talking sense FFS!

19 minutes ago, Smile said:

We could have not spent 2 million on an injured grezda Katic was not needing to be replaced by Worrall I could go on but you get the gist.

Agree with Katic/Worral although Worral does looks fairly solid. As for Grezda, time will tell once fully fit.

Kent and Ejaria are two of our better players and most on here were singing the praises of Coulibaly pre injury.

The Sadiq loan is the only one who seems to have failed.

So, 4 out the 5 loans have worked out OK so far.

Not a bad return, and like or not it is something we all need to get used to. You dont talk about employing a Loan Manager if you don't plan to exploit that market.

4 hours ago, beararse said:

The Treble's off....get Stevie G tae fuck!

Reckon if i left it at that i'd get a fair few likes....

It is astonishing that some on here are talking about sacking the manager.

New manager, new backroom staff, new team. We didn't even have a scouting network FFS

Wiping the floor with teams at Ibrox. Exceeding everyones expectations in Europe. Away form needs to improve domestically.

In the eyes of most SG's got two years to stop 9IAR, 3 years to stop 10IAR.

Personally i couldnt give a flying fuck about stopping them hitting those milestones as we weren't even in the league for the majority of their titles FFS so it's a completely empty statistic. Its like bragging about humping a 5 side team who only had 4 players turn up and had to play with a 'backie'.

Short term gain = Long term pain. Short term pain = Long term gain

SG, like pretty much every manager, needs time and certainly any Rangers manager picking up the pieces of the last 2-3 years needs time to fix it, root and branch.

best post I've read in a while.

beararse likes this
5 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Apart from the fact his second point is a lot of pish

What? The scouting network?

We didn't have a scouting network for a considerable period of time until a year ago to this very day.

D'you think an effective scouting network is established as soon as it is unveiled?

A lack of emerging, scouted talent at the club would also hinder a manager so whilst I may not have been specific enough for your liking in my comment, it still rings true.

We didn't have a scouting network for a number of years. The very years where we most definitely should have had one as it happens.