Jump to content

Recommended Posts

10 minutes ago, beararse said:

Agree with Katic/Worral although Worral does looks fairly solid. As for Grezda, time will tell once fully fit.

Kent and Ejaria are two of our better players and most on here were singing the praises of Coulibaly pre injury.

The Sadiq loan is the only one who seems to have failed.

So, 4 out the 5 loans have worked out OK so far.

Not a bad return, and like or not it is something we all need to get used to. You dont talk about employing a Loan Manager if you don't plan to exploit that market.

Kent has done well as has Ejaria but for me, both have performed better in European games than in the Spl Kent has done better in the SPL but Ejaria holds onto the ball too long and stifles play for me. 

I do not rate Worrall at all he looks slow and cumbersome and passes to opposition players too much. I think we had to give Billy Kirkwood something after his success with the youths when Murty was fucking up the first team.

beararse likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 720
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone calling for his head or even thinking about it is a complete spastic.

The Treble's off....get Stevie G tae fuck! Reckon if i left it at that i'd get a fair few likes.... It is astonishing that some on here are talking about sacking the manager. New manage

I'll say what I said early on In the season though. We need to give SG at least 3 windows. We can't just chop and change managers. It was imo always going to take three transfer windows to fix th

Posted Images

1 minute ago, Smile said:

Kent has done well as has Ejaria but for me, both have performed better in European games than in the Spl Kent has done better in the SPL but Ejaria holds onto the ball too long and stifles play for me. 

I do not rate Worrall at all he looks slow and cumbersome and passes to opposition players too much. I think we had to give Billy Kirkwood something after his success with the youths when Murty was fucking up the first team.

That's a fair appraisal. I'd prefer to see Katic playing. He seems more dynamic than Worral who doesnt look as mobile. He is a solid unit tho'.

I love watching Ejaria play but agree he is still a bit ponderous but he is improving. A more settled midfield would suit him, and Coulibaly IMO

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, beararse said:

What? The scouting network?

We didn't have a scouting network for a considerable period of time until a year ago to this very day.

D'you think an effective scouting network is established as soon as it is unveiled?

A lack of emerging, scouted talent at the club would also hinder a manager so whilst I may not have been specific enough for your liking in my comment, it still rings true.

We didn't have a scouting network for a number of years. The very years where we most definitely should have had one as it happens.

We had a scouting network months before Gerrard came, so your point was pish. 1-0 me

Link to post
Share on other sites

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ForeverAndEver said:

We had a scouting network months before Gerrard came, so you're point was pish. 1-0 me

30th October 2017 to 1st June 2018 then?

Gerrard is one lucky fellow to have such a well established network in place for a full 7 months.

Im not saying it doesn't exist. Im saying it didn't exist. Big difference.

You still win tho' ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

I'd get a doctor's appointment as you clearly have amnesia or dementia if you think Ejaria is the most frustrating player you can remember playing for us ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

Yeah I'd agree with that, at times his close control is unbelievable and the ball seems to be glued to his foot but its generally in completely the wrong position, like out on the left on about the half way line. He needs to keep it simple when he's building up a move from our own half and save the tricks and turns for the areas around the opposition box where he can do some damage. 

In saying that though, I'm not sure a lot of the time if his brain knows what his feet are doing and by the time it catches up he ends up dithering over what he wants to do next and ends up doing nothing. 

HG5 and Jeffrey like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, beararse said:

Not a bad return, and like or not it is something we all need to get used to. You dont talk about employing a Loan Manager if you don't plan to exploit that market.

The loan manager is for keeping track of the players we send out on loan.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, the brown brogue said:

Yeah I'd agree with that, at times his close control is unbelievable and the ball seems to be glued to his foot but its generally in completely the wrong position, like out on the left on about the half way line. He needs to keep it simple when he's building up a move from our own half and save the tricks and turns for the areas around the opposition box where he can do some damage. 

In saying that though, I'm not sure a lot of the time if his brain knows what his feet are doing and by the time it catches up he ends up dithering over what he wants to do next and ends up doing nothing. 

A street footballer both in style of play and mentality imo

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

To use the recent buzzwords established in here, We wouldn't be in the Europa league had it not been for Ejaria with his goal against UFA proving decisive.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, beararse said:

That's a fair appraisal. I'd prefer to see Katic playing. He seems more dynamic than Worral who doesnt look as mobile. He is a solid unit tho'.

I love watching Ejaria play but agree he is still a bit ponderous but he is improving. A more settled midfield would suit him, and Coulibaly IMO

Katics good for a few goals and a threat in the opposition box something we do not have now. I wish Coulibaly could show the form he showed at first with us I thought he looked immense.

HG5 likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Why's that?

Quickly, off the top of my head i can name Kranjcar, Solenko, Windass, Zelalem, Templeton, Clark, Oduwa , Capucho, Waghorn, Boli, Emerson, Ostenstad, Van Vossen, Konterman, Guivarc'h and Bo Anderson (i could go on for some time): all of whom were far more frustrating to watch and most were far more experienced than Ejaria. That's why.

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 29 October 2020 20:00 Until 22:00
      0  
      Rangers v Lech Poznan
      Ibrox Stadium
      Europa League

×
×
  • Create New...