Gerrard

Lloyd

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

Yeah I'd agree with that, at times his close control is unbelievable and the ball seems to be glued to his foot but its generally in completely the wrong position, like out on the left on about the half way line. He needs to keep it simple when he's building up a move from our own half and save the tricks and turns for the areas around the opposition box where he can do some damage. 

In saying that though, I'm not sure a lot of the time if his brain knows what his feet are doing and by the time it catches up he ends up dithering over what he wants to do next and ends up doing nothing. 

38 minutes ago, beararse said:

Not a bad return, and like or not it is something we all need to get used to. You dont talk about employing a Loan Manager if you don't plan to exploit that market.

The loan manager is for keeping track of the players we send out on loan.

Just now, the brown brogue said:

Yeah I'd agree with that, at times his close control is unbelievable and the ball seems to be glued to his foot but its generally in completely the wrong position, like out on the left on about the half way line. He needs to keep it simple when he's building up a move from our own half and save the tricks and turns for the areas around the opposition box where he can do some damage. 

In saying that though, I'm not sure a lot of the time if his brain knows what his feet are doing and by the time it catches up he ends up dithering over what he wants to do next and ends up doing nothing. 

A street footballer both in style of play and mentality imo

1 hour ago, Jeffrey said:

Ejaria might be the most frustrating player I can remember playing for us. Has so much talent but contributes nothing. Don't know if it's a lack of belief or he's thick or something but he doesn't seem to realise he's playing competitive football where the aim is to win, not hold onto the ball for as long as you possibly can. He never, ever tries to hurt the opponents.

To use the recent buzzwords established in here, We wouldn't be in the Europa league had it not been for Ejaria with his goal against UFA proving decisive.

7 hours ago, plumbGER said:

We could of but we one because his goal.

Ejaria may well of taken won have the penalties.

Perhaps the first won.

Maybe the last won.

He might even of scored the deciding won that would of one us the match ??

8 hours ago, beararse said:

That's a fair appraisal. I'd prefer to see Katic playing. He seems more dynamic than Worral who doesnt look as mobile. He is a solid unit tho'.

I love watching Ejaria play but agree he is still a bit ponderous but he is improving. A more settled midfield would suit him, and Coulibaly IMO

Katics good for a few goals and a threat in the opposition box something we do not have now. I wish Coulibaly could show the form he showed at first with us I thought he looked immense.

9 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

Why's that?

Quickly, off the top of my head i can name Kranjcar, Solenko, Windass, Zelalem, Templeton, Clark, Oduwa , Capucho, Waghorn, Boli, Emerson, Ostenstad, Van Vossen, Konterman, Guivarc'h and Bo Anderson (i could go on for some time): all of whom were far more frustrating to watch and most were far more experienced than Ejaria. That's why.

32 minutes ago, beararse said:

Quickly, off the top of my head i can name Kranjcar, Solenko, Windass, Zelalem, Templeton, Clark, Oduwa , Capucho, Waghorn, Boli, Emerson, Ostenstad, Van Vossen, Konterman, Guivarc'h and Bo Anderson (i could go on for some time): all of whom were far more frustrating to watch and most were far more experienced than Ejaria. That's why.

Don't remember Van Vossen, Solenko etc but the players I've seen you've mentioned, you're clearly not getting my point on why I find him frustrating. They were all either washed up by the time they got here or just not very good, Ejaria could be really good but as lack of belief or brain is stopping that.

28 minutes ago, Jeffrey said:

Don't remember Van Vossen, Solenko etc but the players I've seen you've mentioned, you're clearly not getting my point on why I find him frustrating. They were all either washed up by the time they got here or just not very good, Ejaria could be really good but as lack of belief or brain is stopping that.

We signed Oleg Solenko a year after he scored 5 goals in one game in the 94' World Cup, when he was 26 years old. He flattered to deceive at Ibrox.

Most would argue probably argue that players who have realised their potential (Boli and Guivarc'h for example), and fail miserably are a damn sight more frustrating.

I get where you are coming from,  that Ejaria isn't realising his full potential but that doesn't make him THE most frustrating player in Rangers recent history.

9 minutes ago, beararse said:

We signed Oleg Solenko a year after he scored 5 goals in one game in the 94' World Cup, when he was 26 years old. He flattered to deceive at Ibrox.

Most would argue probably argue that players who have realised their potential (Boli and Guivarc'h for example), and fail miserably are a damn sight more frustrating.

I get where you are coming from,  that Ejaria isn't realising his full potential but that doesn't make him THE most frustrating player in Rangers recent history.

I said he is the most frustrating player I can remember, I'm too young to have seen either of them. He is the most frustrating to me.

Archived