Gerrard

Lloyd

1 hour ago, Blue Avenger said:

You're having laugh. The guy has been stripped bare, bereft of parentage. Not what we need. Get him to fuck. Clueless and so on. Every other thread has got it.

Get the killy taig in. Sorted. Better still get these fucking top managers from the BD in the dug out. Title would be a tap in.

:mutley:

Seek help and get it soon.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, cushynumber said:

also worth noting that those same players - while not maybe providing the assists we are looking for, does mean we do not lose a lot of goals. In all the 23 games we have played even when we have been beaten this season its always been by a single goal and we have failed to score.

You only need to get beat by one goal to lose 3 points.

9 hours ago, gogzy said:

Really,  you should let managers of top clubs all over the world know the simple secret then.  

Every top team struggles ( and fail at times) to break down well drilled, defensive teams.

If it was that fucking simple to combat, no one would use the tactic in the first place ffs.

Honestly the amount of pish in this thread is insane. There are some good points, and valid issues being brought up.

But there's a fair amount of moon howling mentlist shit getting said too.

The top teams still get results or dominate in these situations, we struggle to even create half decent chances. 

If you read any of my other posts you’ll see I’m not a moonhowler nor am I posting mentalist shit, so back in your box. 

I back Gerrard but it’s clear we’ve not figured out how to break down teams who sit in: Ufa, Hamilton, Livingston and Aberdeen. 

We seem to approach every game with the same plan, whereas a top team would be drilled differently for those types of games. Now either he’s doing it and it’s not working yet, or he’s not doing it. 

Either way it is possible to break down, I hate to say it but you only need to look at the mhanks to see it is possible in this league. 

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

If you read any of my other posts you’ll see I’m not a moonhowler nor am I posting mentalist shit, so back in your box. 

That bottom part wasn't aimed directly at you.  But "it's fucking simple" is a pretty stupid thing to say.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

That bottom part wasn't aimed directly at you.  But "it's fucking simple" is a pretty stupid thing to say.

We seem to approach each game the same - I’m saying we should approach those who sit in differently. Not exactly rocket science. Enjoy the game tonight! 

2 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

1) The top teams still get results or dominate in these situations, we struggle to even create half decent chances. 

2) If you read any of my other posts you’ll see I’m not a moonhowler nor am I posting mentalist shit, so back in your box. 

3) I back Gerrard but it’s clear we’ve not figured out how to break down teams who sit in: Ufa, Hamilton, Livingston and Aberdeen. 

4) We seem to approach every game with the same plan, whereas a top team would look to have us drilled differently for those types of games. Now either he’s doing it and it’s not working yet, or he’s not doing it. 

5) Either way it is possible to break down, I hate to say it but you only need to look at the mhanks to see it is possible in this league. 

1) so do we.  Not every week, and nor do the top teams manage it every week.  Upsets happen all the time, and ofte it's because the smaler team set up to defend and frustrate, and hit on the counter.  If it wasn't a good effective ( not simple to counter) tactic, it wouldn't be used up and down the country every week

2) see above post.

3) It' not an easy thing to figure out.

4) fair point

5) of course it's possible, we've managed it.  The taigs drop points too, and have had years to practice breaking teams down.

Just now, Leeds_Bear said:

We seem to approach each game the same - I’m saying we should approach those who sit in differently. Not exactly rocket science. Enjoy the game tonight! 

Hopefully we enjoy it :lol:

2 hours ago, DBBTB said:

I think Ejaria was brought in to be the creative player but the biggest problem with that is that he’s inexperienced and he plays like he’s inexperienced.

Somebody like Kent, who’s playing on the wings, can get away with drifting in and out of games, but when your are being tasked with being the main creative player in the middle of the park you can’t really do that.

Ejaria is a talented guy but he’s somebody who needs real competition so he can be dropped when he has a bad game or his form dips.

Main difference for me is Kent is always trying to hurt the other team, sometimes it doesn't work but that's fine, Ejaria doesn't do that.

10 hours ago, Jeffrey said:

We've been hearing similar about us improving and winning trophies for the last 7 years, does my head in that people still take it for granted that that's what's going to happen.

Who's taking anything for granted.

1 minute ago, Leeds_Bear said:

Enjoyed exactly 9minutes of that game. 

:lol:

Really are missing a playmaker in midfield.

We tried some different thin there, few shots from outside box, long route one stuff.  Nothing paid off.

Archived