Gerrard

Lloyd

Just now, gogzy said:

He's built a squad sitting joint top of a uefa cup group, Still in a cup and only 8 points behind the league leaders ( 5 if we win our game in hand)

I'd say he hasn't done all that bad in a few months.

Any other manager getting pumped out the cup by Aberdeen and sitting 5th in this terrible league would get hounded out the club.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, GeeSS said:

Yes but the wrong subs  ! the wrong starting team  too. I fear the wheels have came off the bogey another long season ahead fighting for 2nd3rd or 4th at best 

That's easy to say in hindsight.

I don't see much issues with the subs.

We all wanted flanagan off at half time and he done it.  coulibally was playing shite and we swapped him.

3 minutes ago, B1872 said:

Must’ve imagined him winning the Champions League FS!

Fuck off you mongoloid cunt. Once? Does that make him a born winner? Paul Lambert has wo the Champions League once. 

Every normal football fan knows that for a club of Liverpool's size, winning the league is the benchmark for success and he never managed it. He also won nothing internationally. 

So no, you didn't imagine it but that doesn't mean he's a "born winner". Retard.

2 minutes ago, sassaaaa said:

Any other manager getting pumped out the cup by Aberdeen and sitting 5th in this terrible league would get hounded out the club.

Fans are fickle as fuck.

I wouldn't swap the Euro run we have had, after the years of shite we have endured.

If that means we don't get 55 this year, I'll live with it.

Like I say, we are only less than a three game swing from sitting top of the league, with 3/4 of the league still to play.  If we are still 5ht come January, I'll start to share your opinion.

I'm as fucked off as everyone else, but the truth and reality is we don't have enough quality players and Steven Gerrard is a rookie manager. He needs time and transfer windows. Who else are we going to get? I would rather stick with him with signs of progress and hope than start all over again with someone who won't be any better overall. He is our last throw of the dice, we can't desert him and the players now.

Just now, gogzy said:

Fans are fickle as fuck.

I wouldn't swap the Euro run we have had, after the years of shite we have endured.

Like I say, we are only less than a three game swing from sitting top of the league, with 3/4 of the league still to play.  If we are still 5ht come January, I'll start to share your opinion.

Godzy you need to waken up , this squad are winning fuck all this season , they are no even capable of putting three wins together. If hes allowed to spend more in January we can only hope he gets the right folk in.

Just now, gogzy said:

Fans are fickle as fuck.

As much as it pisses us off I'm willing to see what happens at the end of season.

We just expect to be breaking down teams better than we're doing and it's so frustrating.

Some of the running themes ITT.

Gerrard waits too long to make subs - changed that tonight, still not good enough.

Gerrard should give middleton more time - done that, not good enough.

(tonights match thread) flanagan and coulibally are shite, get them off - done that, not good enough.

Why gerrard still has Tav on the corners is mental  - changed that, not good enough.

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Aye because we're funded by a billionaire and do not need either the European money or the prestige it brings. 

I agree we should certainly do all we can to be involved in European football as long as we can but I don't actually know how much money/prestige there is in it. If we get out of our Europa group, I don't think we'll earn fortunes and I don't really think anyone will care, apart from us of course.

1 minute ago, sassaaaa said:

Godzy you need to waken up , this squad are winning fuck all this season , they are no even capable of putting three wins together. If hes allowed to spend more in January we can only hope he gets the right folk in.

We've just went 11 unbeaten in Europe.  

We've only lost twice this season.

Of course we need to improve, but it's no where near as bad as posters like you are making it out to be.

1 minute ago, gogzy said:

Some of the running themes ITT.

Gerrard waits too long to make subs - changed that tonight, still not good enough.

Gerrard should give middleton more time - done that, not good enough.

(tonights match thread) flanagan and coulibally are shite, get them off - done that, not good enough.

Why gerrard still has Tav on the corners is mental  - changed that, not good enough.

The obvious answer is the players are just not good enough.

11 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

bring back walter.........

no big Sam........

No let's get McInnes or Stevie Clark.......

might as well get the shit started

You forgot the tav is shite. Halliday only gets a game cos he grew up next door. Blah blah blah. Let's get all the armchair managers and financial experts to fund a new manager with vast experience and sort him a 500 mil budget.

Frustrating at the moment and the team definitely needs freshened up, but Gerrard is still the man for the job. This team may be 5th and dropping points but the problem is only in one area: attacking at pace. We can keep the ball, defend and attack, but we are struggling to score, not because our strikers are poor, but because we can't move quickly enough when either counter attacking or when the opposition defends in depth. We may already have the solution in our ranks but getting game time for rusty players has been a problem. It's probably time that some of the midfielders are rested and the likes of Grezda and Middleton get a run.

3 minutes ago, gogzy said:

He's built a squad sitting joint top of a uefa cup group, Still in a cup and only 8 points behind the league leaders ( 5 if we win our game in hand)

I'd say he hasn't done all that bad in a few months.

Every single team in our group is in turmoil. 

Villareal sitting 17th in la liga - played with us and we were VERY lucky to come out of that only conceding two. They battered us. 

Spartak binned their gaffer and had their fitness coach in charge. Also struggling and it was a 50/50 game at home. Ignore the ‘they are a CL team’ bollocks. They are miles from it.

Rapid  Vienna 7th in their league, also binned their gaffer before playing us. Also very shite.

The history books will show good results and hopefully us qualifying. But I cannot accept Europe protecting Gerrard. SPFL and beating the scum is our bread and butter. Our absolute priority. 

Archived