Gerrard

Lloyd

The players I ultimately blame for tonight are our midfield with  there absolutely powderpuff performance . Sadiq was never going to be the answer.

Out of all our signings . He just doesn't look good . However he had no clear cut chances

Without getting the scattergun out . It was all down to good creativity and showing the desire . We never seemed to have any tonight

And I felt we were going out around the 60minute mark . We were fluffing every piece of attacking play

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody giving Gerrard pelters, have a look at yourself. The man has recorded our best ever European form, and due to a striking disaster has been forced into an unorthodox strike force. The man has done well with a decent bunch but even after a 0-0 draw with Spartak Moscow, we left the stands feeling gutted, that’s how far this man has taken us in a few months.

2 minutes ago, orange&blue92 said:

Anybody giving Gerrard pelters, have a look at yourself. The man has recorded our best ever European form, and due to a striking disaster has been forced into an unorthodox strike force. The man has done well with a decent bunch but even after a 0-0 draw with Spartak Moscow, we left the stands feeling gutted, that’s how far this man has taken us in a few months.

Post of the night mate . and a timely reminder

I can genuinely see how we succeed in Europe and not domestically. Teams in Scotland use set piece opportunities more often that they do in Europe and apart from subs it's the manager's blind spot. It seems weird becsuse the league is pish but that is where we concede most our goals.

Overall I still stand by wanting to give this manager time and I do think anyone wanting him out already is jumping the gun.

I want him to succeed but so far domestically we’re no better than what we were under Warburton, Pedro, or Murty.  One good result quickly followed up by a shite one, no consistency, and it’s costing us.  We need to see a lot more from this team from now until the turn of the year.  We’re sitting 5th, joint on points with Hibs who are 6th, and about 25% of the league games have been played - That’s a very poor start.  

Given the resources that were thrown at this team during the summer we should be finishing at least second this year.  Hearts completely rebuilt their team on a shoestring, after we took their best player, and they’re top of the league so I don’t buy this ‘still need time to gel shite’.  

23 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Anyone who thinks sacking SG really will bring us trophies . Need to get a grip . It's raw but he is the man for the job .

He will have to realise we are still very limited though

The most sensible post on here 

We are a work in progress, central midfield needs a creative outlet and we need another striker who can actually play football.

The sheep shaggers were there for the taking, much the same as the Livingston game in the league and just like that game we lacked the killer ball and gile in the final 3rd and lost another shite goal from a set piece against the run of play.

There needs to be movement in the January window (preferably starting with sadiq being posted back to Rome) and I’m pretty confident our manager and his staff are well aware of this.

13 minutes ago, denya said:

Every game is important. If you are professional football player then you go and play to win every game. You cant choose. This also has to be for the captain to let the players know they have to fight to win every game too but for me I do not think Tavernier is a leader of the team. Take the captain armband off him and give it to a leader and tell him to go practice crosses because I not see a more frustrating player than him for crosses.

I agree. Goldson maybe that man. He was disgusted with the ineptitude shown by those in front of him and went for it himself on several occasions. I've also watched him do it in several games previously.

Our midfield reman seriously limited, but there is no excuse for the lack of desire shown today.

As for Tav, his forward play has turned to shit recently, but that only amplifies that we need him on form because of the lack of creativity from midfield.

We do have a ways to go right enough.

1 minute ago, Lothianbear said:

He got it very wrong today and not for the first time, if that had been Pedro folk would be offering to drive him to the airport

He brought a reputation and respect to the club but he will lose it fast if he can’t sort his tatics out.

I want to see what he can do, give him the season but he can’t live on his reputation for ever.

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I could not believe he did not make substitutions between 70 and 75 minutes, it was staring him in the face but no change until they score.

Our Stevie has a lot to learn and tonight is a huge step back for him and all of us. The players once again did not seem like they were up for the game or the importance of it, and I do not give one fuck who was on the pitch that was a game we should have won.

I am as angry as have been for some time after watching a game, I feel for anyone who spent fuck know how much money on tickets, transport and food.   

Food? Can hardly call it that, 5 buck for a rollover hotdog fs. If the catering company put as much effort into the food as they do their wildly over represented multi cultural recruitment it would be first class. 

1 minute ago, ritchieshearercaldow said:

He brought a reputation and respect to the club but he will lose it fast if he can’t sort his tatics out.

I want to see what he can do, give him the season but he can’t live on his reputation for ever.

Ye i agree, he’s a good guy but does he get Scottish fitba? im no sure, 55 feels further away than ever after today, i really want him to succeed but we can’t go on like that the minute we play outside Ibrox

20 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I can genuinely see how we succeed in Europe and not domestically. Teams in Scotland use set piece opportunities more often that they do in Europe and apart from subs it's the manager's blind spot. It seems weird becsuse the league is pish but that is where we concede most our goals.

Overall I still stand by wanting to give this manager time and I do think anyone wanting him out already is jumping the gun.

And it's conversely why we are doing ok in Europe . No need for anyone to make use of set piece opportunities

We have absolutely no one decent enough to have a goalkeeper tested with one . Whether it's by way of accurate shooting , crossing the ball with any whip whatsoever creating havoc

It's always a flat ball which is easier for a defender to dominate the incoming attacking player .

You would think SG would see this . It's a major part of the game

The sheep knew and waited for their one opportunity tonight with a set piece . And it was right on the money

Oooft. Just seen his RTV Interview on Facebook.

He was asked if the players would be able to use this (losing) as something they don't want to experience again in their next semi. Basically said none of the players delivered in the final third today so essentially they will be lucky to still be in the next team that plays a Semi as he will be buying better! ?

Shots fired. Hope he doesn't have a case where players down tools as a result of that but it needed to be said. 

Thought his first interview was more wishy washy Warburton esque but that is definitely shots fired.

21 minutes ago, TMB said:

I want him to succeed but so far domestically we’re no better than what we were under Warburton, Pedro, or Murty.  One good result quickly followed up by a shite one, no consistency, and it’s costing us.  We need to see a lot more from this team from now until the turn of the year.  We’re sitting 5th, joint on points with Hibs who are 6th, and about 25% of the league games have been played - That’s a very poor start.  

Given the resources that were thrown at this team during the summer we should be finishing at least second this year.  Hearts completely rebuilt their team on a shoestring, after we took their best player, and they’re top of the league so I don’t buy this ‘still need time to gel shite’.  

Woo Hoo, total over reaction to one bad result when we damn near controlled the game and fucked up once and they scored. Would have been nice to have another striker option but shit happens.

It is October, there is still a wee while to go before the end of the bloody season, if you cannot see an improvement in the team you need to have words with yourself.

Still let's just kill everyone.....

7 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

Food? Can hardly call it that, 5 buck for a rollover hotdog fs. If the catering company put as much effort into the food as they do their wildly over represented multi cultural recruitment it would be first class. 

I was starving at the game

Fuck me if I would ever give them any of my hard earned other than match ticket . No chance

5 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

I was starving at the game

Fuck me if I would ever give them any of my hard earned other than match ticket . No chance

I tried to avoid it but hunger struck. Waited for ages as well with only 4 folk in front of me. Then a guy came along pushin past me to the front because there was no burger in his burger just lettuce...

The ideal candidate for the catering trenches......

Opie.png

10 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

I was just having a wee rant mate, I assume people coming a distance will eat at different places, but yes I can imagine how shite it was at Hampden. :thumbup:

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

And it's conversely why we are doing ok in Europe . No need for anyone to make use of set piece opportunities

We have absolutely no one decent enough to have a goalkeeper tested with one . Whether it's by way of accurate shooting , crossing the ball with any whip whatsoever creating havoc

It's always a flat ball which is easier for a defender to dominate the incoming attacking player .

You would think SG would see this . It's a major part of the game

The sheep knew and waited for their one opportunity tonight with a set piece . And it was right on the money

I mentioned in the match thread that we've essentially cost ourselves 5 points (win at aberdeen and motherwell snd a point at livi) and a cup final because we cant defend those set pieces. This is before even getting into our own attacking flaws which set pieces have been an issue since the last break.

5 minutes ago, Rambo1872 said:

I tried to avoid it but hunger struck. Waited for ages as well with only 4 folk in front of me. Then a guy came along pushin past me to the front because there was no burger in his burger just lettuce...

Sorry mate . No sympathy .Buy a burger outside

Mind you most of these cunts are beggars as well

In fact would you believe . The cops all have their sandwiches bought for them for these games in there allowance for doing the gig

Yes the account goes to a beggar that owns the Posh Deli . Good guy but he is still an out and out beggar

And I'm betting the cunt in the gestapo that gives him the business is one too

Archived