Gerrard

Lloyd

25 minutes ago, Bigdave30 said:

We are a work in progress, central midfield needs a creative outlet and we need another striker who can actually play football.

The sheep shaggers were there for the taking, much the same as the Livingston game in the league and just like that game we lacked the killer ball and gile in the final 3rd and lost another shite goal from a set piece against the run of play.

There needs to be movement in the January window (preferably starting with sadiq being posted back to Rome) and I’m pretty confident our manager and his staff are well aware of this.

This is a bandied about phrases at the moment, and it annoys me. We are now over a quarter into the season, and lost a major cup semi - work in progress is not applicable now, we are far too gone in the season for that to be evenly remotely be used as an excuse.

• Replies 714
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Malvern said:

Woo Hoo, total over reaction to one bad result when we damn near controlled the game and fucked up once and they scored. Would have been nice to have another striker option but shit happens.

It is October, there is still a wee while to go before the end of the bloody season, if you cannot see an improvement in the team you need to have words with yourself.

Still let's just kill everyone.....

The irony. 

1 minute ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

This is a bandied about phrases at the moment, and it annoys me. We are now over a quarter into the season, and lost a major cup semi - work in progress is not applicable now, we are far too gone in the season for that to be evenly remotely be used as an excuse.

You can only pish with the cock you’ve got.

We have had 3 rebuilds in as many seasons, I don’t think torching this squad and starting again with a new manager is the answer because that is the alternative and we don’t have the resources.

As hard as it is to believe right now I think there is something to build on here hence ‘work in progress’ 

7 minutes ago, SIRB_72 said:

I mentioned in the match thread that we've essentially cost ourselves 5 points (win at aberdeen and motherwell snd a point at livi) and a cup final because we cant defend those set pieces. This is before even getting into our own attacking flaws which set pieces have been an issue since the last break.

I think we would be ok mate if we could score more than 1 chance out of every 20

Yet concede quite regularly with 1 out of 3 chances created against

1 hour ago, Bears r us said:

I could not believe he did not make substitutions between 70 and 75 minutes, it was staring him in the face but no change until they score.

Our Stevie has a lot to learn and tonight is a huge step back for him and all of us. The players once again did not seem like they were up for the game or the importance of it, and I do not give one fuck who was on the pitch that was a game we should have won.

I am as angry as have been for some time after watching a game, I feel for anyone who spent fuck know how much money on tickets, transport and food.   

?

.... especially "The Granite City Loyal' Bud .... who have to travel back up there and be among that shower of shite.

:UK:

1 hour ago, Moody Blue said:

In no way am I advocating he's a better option than Gerrard but heard a stat last week that, since Steve Clarke was appointed Kilmarnock manager, no one has won more points in the league than them, including the mhanks. You don't need lots of money to be very very competitive in Scotland but that today is just unacceptable and the whole team and coaching staff need to hang their heads in shame at letting the fans down yet again.  A winning mentality needs to be found and found quickly or, domestically, this season will be like the last two. We are a much better team than Aberdeen, Motherwell, Livingston, et al and time after time we're found wanting, it's just not good enough.  Yes it's still early doors but Gerrard knows you don't get time to fanny about at Rangers, more so when an absolutely shite Aberdeen team that had 2 shots at goal put us out a national cup semi final. 

See this Steve clarke nonsense or anyone else, its one lot of shite, killie win a lot of points aye, but teams set up way differently to them than us, every team goes out to beat killie as they are beatable, so there's none of this all behind the ball pish that us and the tarriers come up against, 

Put clarke in gerrard or rodgers position and he'd struggle because teams park the bus against us or the tarriers

3 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

We're nowhere nearer able to name our best 11 as we where on day one of the season,squad rotation because of Europe has been the excuse but we desperately need to decide on our best 11 and get them on the park more often.

1 hour ago, Ryju84 said:

These lack of subs are cunting us.

Doesnt matter we didnt have great quality on bench...

Coulibally and Ejaria looked tired at 70min

Sadiq... ...

Can't believe he took off Candeias and Jack while those two were piss poor.

2 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I’m not buying this “he’s a rookie manager, he’s still learning things like when to use subs”.

The guy played hundred of games at the very top level, so did his assistant, they knew what their managers were doing during those games. 

Doesn't seem to be much communication between Gerrard and McAllister during the game,maybe Gerrard needs to talk more to his assistants.

1 minute ago, sandyinroyalblue said:

Doesn't seem to be much communication between Gerrard and McAllister during the game,maybe Gerrard needs to talk more to his assistants.

I saw Beale having his say about something just before halftime, didn’t notice much input from McAllister.

Europe is the only positive for the season. This time last year we were also out of the league cup v Motherwell and were also sitting with 17 points after nine games. So there have been plenty changes on and off the pitch but the results are pretty much the same.

Still don't have a plan B on how to break down a team that's sitting in. He could of done a number of things today 3.5.2, 4.4.2, play a diamond in midfield to help support Sadiq who for all his faults won plenty in the air but there was no one around him. Give Kent a free role with no defensive duty just to get him on the ball up front. Any number of changes he could of made both personnel and tactically but he done nothing until it was too late.

For the first time he is going to come under real scrutiny don't be surprised if at the next press conference he gets a bit ruffled as some no mark journalist will try and get a quote. Like many on here I like Gerrard I think he a class act and hope that he learns very quickly.

Archived