Ooft

Jamie0202

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

He definitely fired a warning shot to them regarding quality. But if you are standing there watching from the sidelines and your not happy then change it. We had a half decent bench today but he didn't seem to want to use them and it's not the first time.

This is it. He spent a lot of money on Grezda and didn’t use him. No good going on about signing better players when he won’t use the ones he’s just signed.

1 minute ago, steven33jackie said:

He definitely fired a warning shot to them regarding quality. But if you are standing there watching from the sidelines and your not happy then change it. We had a half decent bench today but he didn't seem to want to use them and it's not the first time.

Whole squad need to take heed. The ones on the bench weren't good enough to start.

Agree though in a lot of games subs need to come earlier. Not in the same predictable way the 60 minute sub Warburton used to favour but in a a game by game basis we're definitely far too late making changes.

He’s right about quality, but when he can see it’s not working he needs to make changes and adapt to the game. I’m also seeing the same problems week in week out, what are we doing in training? Why are we not working on our lack of movement around the box? Why are our wingers and wingbacks not working on their crosses?

Dont get me wrong I’m delighted he’s showing the players that poor performances won’t be tolerated here but there’s plenty for him to work on aswell. We know he’s new to management and if we’re going to appoint a rookie manager then we have to give him time to learn, but fuck me it’s about time he starts showing he’s learning from his mistakes.

2 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

8 of the starting 11 were his signings, and 1 of the subs, both if you count promoting Middleton from the youths. 

The blame lies at the managers feet and he better get this shit sorted out. First job should be taking that armband off Tav. 

I mentioned it in the OP but he did start the interview taking FULL responsibility for today which IMO is fair enough.

3 minutes ago, KBOO72 said:

8 of the starting 11 were his signings, and 1 of the subs, both if you count promoting Middleton from the youths. 

The blame lies at the managers feet and he better get this shit sorted out. First job should be taking that armband off Tav. 

Agreed

He really needs to step up. Cost us points by stupid mistakes like subs during set pieces and poor decision making. How can you state players need to step up but leave them all on the pitch for so long? How can you witness again and again how poor we have been in the last 3rd but not work on this problem. How can you witness Tav hit shite comers again and again but not instruct someone else to take responsibility. Yes the players need to step up ,but by God Gerrard has to do so as well and pretty damn quick.