Just like Walter

bordersbear

We have the superior group of players.  I suspect most teams will sit back and look to counter attack us.  

This high counter pressing system we use works best against teams that try to open up and attack us.  Maybe that’s why it’s worked in Europe, but not domestically.  

Our main tactic is to go out wide and get crosses in however without a striker we don't have enough runners from deep for it to work for us.

Without Morelos we look terrible in attack. He's been fantastic this year and we missed him badly through his own fault and also Gerrard's for playing him in the previous round. Why didn't he play Sadiq in that game ffs?!

22 minutes ago, With Heart and Hand said:

we're just predictable as a team same as our previous managers. we've been sussed

A top manager should never have a "Set Style". And a good group of players should be able to adapt to multiple styles of play and tactics.

1 hour ago, TMB said:

We have the superior group of players.  I suspect most teams will sit back and look to counter attack us.  

This high counter pressing system we use works best against teams that try to open up and attack us.  Maybe that’s why it’s worked in Europe, but not domestically.  

Got to agree with the 2nd part 100%.   Worral and goldson were on the halfway line for most of the 2nd half and you could see a breakaway was coming. Rapid tried to match us and got caught out pretty much the same as we were against aberdeen 

1 hour ago, bordersbear said:

That's how the sheep set up. Pack the defence and midfield and try to nick one from a set play or on the break. Never easy to play against as our run to Manchester showed. You could see it coming a mile away. 

I wish our current team was like Walters.

1 hour ago, GaryMc said:

Our main  tactic is to go out wide and get crosses in however we don't without a strikerwe don't have enough runners from deep for it to work for us.

Without Morelos we look terrible in attack. He's been fantastic this year and we missed him badly through his own fault and also Gerrard's for playing him in the previous round. Why didn't he play Sadiq in that game ffs?!

No matter what striker plays the crosses in have to be decent. The quality of balls into the box was the man problem, no striker can do anything with the ball going over his head, straight to the keeper or smacked off the first defender. 

5 hours ago, bluenoz said:

a good team breaks down that system. Just ask Zenit

That’s zenit. A CL team with world class players at the time. We were never breaking Aberdeen down. The taigs got very lucky when they played. Mcinnes is a good tactition who works with a weaker side each season.

30 minutes ago, MurrayWilson said:

No matter what striker plays the crosses in have to be decent. The quality of balls into the box was the man problem, no striker can do anything with the ball going over his head, straight to the keeper or smacked off the first defender. 

When was the last quality ball into the oppositions box you can remember? Honestly I can’t think of any. Our best chances have came ball on the deck with some Morelos endeavour 

6 hours ago, Blue Avenger said:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Don't know why we haven't got the title sewn up already with the experts in here.

I mean this football management deal is just so easy. Why do we even need a manager. Get a few fans in that dug out. Sorted!

BA calm yourself down young man.  Everyone is entitled to an opinion - including yourself(now and then) :p:

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

That's the downside to our form now most are gonna come and sit in give us the ball and say break us down.

Id much rather that than a team filled with belief believing they can go toe to toe with us

So you would rather have games like Spartak / Sheep than games like Maribor / Rapid / Hearts?

Mon tae fuck Kirk. 

None of the players we have take enough care with the final ball. That or they simply don't have the ability to direct it where its going to hurt the opposition. 

Getting behind a defence , beating a man, getting to the byline, the outcome is invariably the same. Crosses are continually wasted and most of the time fail to reach a blue Jersey.

I don't like to single him out but Candeias is case in point. The work he gets through is unreal but the final product for a winger falls way short most of the time. I don't know how you sort this on a training field tbh but that's where the bulk of our problems lie from where I'm standing.