Jon Flanagan

KeyserSoze

16 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do they count the times his passes go astray or the times he’s caught way out of position loses his man, crosses soar pass everyone corners hit the first man. 

Or is it just the good things he does and the fact he plays every game. 

He's judged the same way as every other player in the competition. Those other players will misplace passes and make mistakes just like every other player on the planet does.

Tav is better than most in the competition at doing the good things, but also makes mistakes just like every player does. 

17 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Aye let’s see everything, if your going to just point out what he does right to prove a point but ignore his glaring faults then your argument is a burst balloon. 

If you want those stats, I'm sure you'll find them, I've already given you plenty to back up my claims, all you've done is claim he's not good enough, so prove it if you want?

I'm not ignoring anything, I've already said his delivery has been poor recently, and he makes mistakes. Tell me one player who doesn't make any mistakes and can hit a perfect pass 100% of the time and I'll admit i got it all wrong. 

33 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Do they count the times his passes go astray or the times he’s caught way out of position loses his man, crosses soar pass everyone corners hit the first man. 

Or is it just the good things he does and the fact he plays every game. 

Yes they count passes astray. The other stuff. Honestly?

4 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

Yes they count passes astray. The other stuff. Honestly?

Honestly what???

So he doesn’t hit the first man at corners 9/10 or put in just as many bad balls as good ones from open play???

Tav is a good player for the SPFL but he isn’t good enough for the next stage we want to take. 

21 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

He's judged the same way as every other player in the competition. Those other players will misplace passes and make mistakes just like every other player on the planet does.

Tav is better than most in the competition at doing the good things, but also makes mistakes just like every player does. 

Agreed, so we agree he isn’t good enough. 👍👍

16 minutes ago, BlueMe said:

If you want those stats, I'm sure you'll find them, I've already given you plenty to back up my claims, all you've done is claim he's not good enough, so prove it if you want?

I'm not ignoring anything, I've already said his delivery has been poor recently, and he makes mistakes. Tell me one player who doesn't make any mistakes and can hit a perfect pass 100% of the time and I'll admit i got it all wrong. 

So your idea of judging a player is just the things he does well. 

Your not Wee Stevie from IT are you??

Just now, Courtyard Bear said:

Honestly what???

So he doesn’t hit the first man at corners 9/10 or put in just as many bad balls as good ones from open play???

Tav is a good player for the SPFL but he isn’t good enough for the next stage we want to take. 

Honestly do you think they are going to count how many times he's well out of position? 

His stats are based on the % of successful passes. They're based on successful crosses. They're based on his defending. It's absolute mental to say he's not performing at this level when the facts say he is. 

3 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He was fucking brutal last night. McGregor saved his arse big time. Hope he had him by the throat for that pass to Worrall that almost lead to a goal. Genuinely don't know what Gerrard sees in him. 

Not so long ago Flanagan was credited with being a top class full back (on the right tho).

Being forced or picked to play on the left would be more difficult than a right back playing right midfield.

Thought he was rank rotten last night and has been for a while now. Constantly gets caught the wrong side of his man or with balls in behind and constantly gives away possession from trying to pass out of defence. I thought he looked good at the start of the season but he's miles off the pace. 

Just now, Roy Hobbs said:

Honestly do you think they are going to count how many times he's well out of position? 

His stats are based on the % of successful passes. They're based on successful crosses. They're based on his defending. It's absolute mental to say he's not performing at this level when the facts say he is. 

You do watch the games??? 

If you think Tav is performing to the same level in Europe as he does against the dross of Scottish Football then you need to take a more objective look in future. 

1 minute ago, Courtyard Bear said:

You do watch the games??? 

If you think Tav is performing to the same level in Europe as he does against the dross of Scottish Football then you need to take a more objective look in future. 

If you think he should be then you don't know what objective actually means.

9 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

He was fucking brutal last night. McGregor saved his arse big time. Hope he had him by the throat for that pass to Worrall that almost lead to a goal. Genuinely don't know what Gerrard sees in him. 

One of the worst passes I’ve seen played, was a few of last night in the first half, in fact the whole team couldn’t find a blue jersey from 10 yards. 

2 minutes ago, Roy Hobbs said:

If you think he should be then you don't know what objective actually means.

So he shouldn’t be as good in Europe as he is in League games. Whit. 

Your either a good player at whatever level or your just another bang average Pro. 

Glad we agree he’s a bang average Pro. 👍👍