Pena

MrMckee

I didn't mind wee Holt. He was one of few who could hold his chin up high after many games last season, if you ask me. But probably wouldn't make it into our first team anymore. He'd be a squad member, much like Halliday.

The poster above is bang on the money about Hodson. Wouldn't be out of place in a 2nd division McCoist squad. 

18 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Loan Players:

Hardie -- just doesn't seem capable of stepping up - Sell

Alnwick - cant get a game at Scunthorpe  - time to offload

Hodson - wouldn't have been out of place on one of Ally's teams - Sell for a fiver on e-bay

Docherty - seems to be doing ok, might be worth bringing back

Holt - Fleetwood is about his level - cost us almost nothing - give him a free

Dodoo - Sell

Pena - just get him off the books

Hererra - same as Pena though I wish he'd been here for the Aberdeen game 

can't believe some of these chancers are still on our books. No wonder Gerrard is beelin.

4 minutes ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Harsh on Foderingham and we need cover for MacGregor

My personal view mate on Foderingham. Don’t rate him at all. Sell him and get Kelly back. Monetary efficiency comes into this as well. Don’t think young boy McRorie is ready but there are young goalies in top leagues playing now. 

18 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

My personal view mate on Foderingham. Don’t rate him at all. Sell him and get Kelly back. Monetary efficiency comes into this as well. Don’t think young boy McRorie is ready but there are young goalies in top leagues playing now. 

Don't think Fod is a bad keeper, however, I get the financial angle so may be worth cashing in on him.   Guess we could bring back Alnwick or Kelly, who is Kelly on loan with & how is he performing. 

Difficult really to back any of those guys up but what I will say is, football has a habit of surprising us and sometimes the people we slag off can turn a corner.

Of them all wee Holt is the only one who I feel could fill a squad position when the team needs a wee change . As for Pena, it seems his biggest problem is his attitude as even though he was poor before he did have a knack for getting in good positions so you never know. With the right incentive and encouragement he could well improve his chances 

1 hour ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Don't think Fod is a bad keeper, however, I get the financial angle so may be worth cashing in on him.   Guess we could bring back Alnwick or Kelly, who is Kelly on loan with & how is he performing. 

Kelly is at Livingston and doing a good job. Alnwick at Scunthorpe and not starting. I’m sure you know this. 

48 minutes ago, Hadron Collider said:

Kelly is at Livingston and doing a good job. Alnwick at Scunthorpe and not starting. I’m sure you know this. 

Lost track of Kelly but Alnwick has 17 first team appearances this season but I thought he was  a bit ropey, maybe Scunthorpe will give us some money for him

3 hours ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

Lost track of Kelly but Alnwick has 17 first team appearances this season but I thought he was  a bit ropey, maybe Scunthorpe will give us some money for him

Liam Kelly has been brilliant for Livi but is also no longer a Rangers player as they signed him in the summer. 

There is no chance he would go from winning plaudits week in week out to sitting on the bench!

6 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Sell a good GK to buy back one we just let go? There’s no chance Liam would come back here to sit on the bench 40games a season. 

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Yes.

Thought so. Reading above it seems like people still think he is out on loan. Doubt he would want to come back from Livingston to sit on the bench either as must be enoying his season with them so far.

1 minute ago, MrMckee said:

Thought so. Reading above it seems like people still think he is out on loan. Doubt he would want to come back from Livingston to sit on the bench either as must be enoying his season with them so far.

Aye I think they do.

He's having a good season and getting rave reviews, he'd be off his head to chuck that to come and sit on our bench.

6 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Aye I think they do.

He's having a good season and getting rave reviews, he'd be off his head to chuck that to come and sit on our bench.

I would sell Fod as reckon we could get a half decent fee for him and get rid of Alnwick too (don't think we would get a fee for him). I would promote Robbie Mcrorie to second place as I cannot envision McGregor getting injured and being on the bench will only aid his development. Would get us a little bit of cash and would free up some wages which could be used to strengthen somewhere else in January.

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

I would sell Fod as reckon we could get a half decent fee for him and get rid of Alnwick too (don't think we would get a fee for him). I would promote Robbie Mcrorie to second place as I cannot envision McGregor getting injured and being on the bench will only aid his development. Would get us a little bit of cash and would free up some wages which could be used to strengthen somewhere else in January.

Agree with this!

1 hour ago, MrMckee said:

When Shagger retires and if Kelly is keeping up his current form then he could be on his way back to Ibrox. 

8 hours ago, Hadron Collider said:

Kelly left for first team football. Why is he going to give that up after six months to sit on the bench here again?

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Wouldn't argue with that mate. I'd imagine Fod and Alnwick would both be taking a decent wage out the club and that would be better being recycled into the budget to strengthen other areas of the team.

I just realised I pretty much repeated your post:lol:

Just woke up, fell back asleep earlier, that's my excuse.

2 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Oh well if you don't envision him getting injured then there's nothing to worry about.

If we didn't have decent back-up to McGregor in 2008 we wouldn't have reached the UEFA Cup Final.