Pena

MrMckee

On 16/12/2018 at 23:50, siddiqi_drinker said:

Loan Players:

Hardie -- just doesn't seem capable of stepping up - Sell

Alnwick - cant get a game at Scunthorpe  - time to offload

Hodson - wouldn't have been out of place on one of Ally's teams - Sell for a fiver on e-bay

Docherty - seems to be doing ok, might be worth bringing back

Holt - Fleetwood is about his level - cost us almost nothing - give him a free

Dodoo - Sell

Pena - just get him off the books

Hererra - same as Pena though I wish he'd been here for the Aberdeen game 

Hardie - give him a run of games instead of Lafferty in the new year

Alnwick - he is very young still for a keeper

Hodson - see if he is happy to be released 6 months early

Docherty - give him the whole season on loan as we will get a better player back

Holt - if he wants to be released then great

Dodoo - hopefully someone wants to buy him down south to get him off the wage bill

Pena - I don't see him going without a large pay off so getting him to play for the reserves may be the only way to reduce that

Hererra - hopefully all his wages are getting picked up until his loan deal ends and someone wants to buy him

13 minutes ago, LegendofCoop said:

Think so, but won't he be unable to be registered until January? I know we're his parent club, but not sure how recalling a loan works if they weren't registered to play in the summer? Can we do that?

It seems a bit strange registration wise, and maybe someone can tell us what is the situation with him playing and when. I would think like yourself Jan at the earliest.

I suppose Stevie may not want to even try him in the team, but I also assume he is training with us at the moment ?? :confused:

7 minutes ago, Bears r us said:

It seems a bit strange registration wise, and maybe someone can tell us what is the situation with him playing and when. I would think like yourself Jan at the earliest.

I suppose Stevie may not want to even try him in the team, but I also assume he is training with us at the moment ?? :confused:

I don't know if his registration with us ends when he's loaned out, or is 'suspended' while away. It may be possible that we just get the suspension lifted whenever we want. Would seems strange we couldn't play our own player. That said, it would all depend on whether the manager wants him, like you say. Or if he's even fit enough. Haven't seen him in any of the training photo shoots so far. 

1 minute ago, LegendofCoop said:

I don't know if his registration with us ends when he's loaned out, or is 'suspended' while away. It may be possible that we just get the suspension lifted whenever we want. Would seems strange we couldn't play our own player. That said, it would all depend on whether the manager wants him, like you say. Or if he's even fit enough. Haven't seen him in any of the training photo shoots so far. 

Yes, so may if's and but's. I have not seen him in any pics either, but maybe we will hear something soon. :thumbup:

1 hour ago, plumbGER said:

Wouldn't argue with that mate. I'd imagine Fod and Alnwick would both be taking a decent wage out the club and that would be better being recycled into the budget to strengthen other areas of the team.

I just realised I pretty much repeated your post:lol:

Just woke up, fell back asleep earlier, that's my excuse.

No worries mate. Great minds think a like and all that 👍

2 hours ago, 50ShadesofBlue said:

When Shagger retires and if Kelly is keeping up his current form then he could be on his way back to Ibrox. 

Yep definitely wouldn't be opposed to it few years down the line but can't see it anytime soon.

1 hour ago, Big Al II said:

Docherty aside we couldn’t sell any of these players in August, doubt too much will be different now.

Dodoo has performed well and might have some interest from down South.  I think Docherty will be brought back to replace Ejaria as both were box to box midfielders.  Where we go from there is anyone’s guess.

We do need someone who can get to the box, get on the end of crosses, and score goals.  I doubt we’ll be able to sell Pena so why not use him in the absence of any other option? 

If news of Katic is true the manager might need another CB.  It does seem like we need another striker too.  Sadiq’s gone, Lafferty isn’t good enough, and Morelos can’t keep his discipline.

2 hours ago, Big Al II said:

Docherty aside we couldn’t sell any of these players in August, doubt too much will be different now.

We sold the only player we could get money for and that was Windass, some other club did want some weird deal with Tav where they got him on loan and paid later.

10 hours ago, MrMckee said:

Yep definitely wouldn't be opposed to it few years down the line but can't see it anytime soon.

He'll be the scum's next goalkeeper as they'll be looking to replace Gordon before we will be looking to replace McGregor. 

He's been really impressive, would have preferred us to loan him out for a couple of years.

13 hours ago, dee9 said:

His Rangers career is over. Not a chance he comes back into the side. Absolutely criminal what we paid and are still paying this guy.

Pena is on big money and that's the reason we wont be able to get rid of him.  No one else is going to pay him that wage and so the choice will be another short-term loan or try and utilise him here at Rangers.  After the Hamilton game the overwhelming sentiment on here was we needed a number 10, someone who can get on the end of crosses, someone who can put the ball in the net.  During his short time with us Carlos Pena demonstrated that he has most of these attributes.  I think Gerrard will look to see what he has to offer as a footballer while also trying to move him on at the same time for financial reasons.  We may not have use for him, we may not be able to find a buyer either, time will tell.

39 minutes ago, TMB said:

Pena is on big money and that's the reason we wont be able to get rid of him.  No one else is going to pay him that wage and so the choice will be another short-term loan or try and utilise him here at Rangers.  After the Hamilton game the overwhelming sentiment on here was we needed a number 10, someone who can get on the end of crosses, someone who can put the ball in the net.  During his short time with us Carlos Pena demonstrated that he has most of these attributes.  I think Gerrard will look to see what he has to offer as a footballer while also trying to move him on at the same time for financial reasons.  We may not have use for him, we may not be able to find a buyer either, time will tell.

exactly. even if it means impact sub appearances. we have no problems creating the chances, just nobody is getting on the end of them or having a pop at goal. Pena does that, he has got the nack of being in the right place at the right time and has a good finish. he also links well with alfredo.

3 hours ago, TMB said:

Gerrard cant lose really. If he makes something of him he's a genius- if not we all know he's a waster.