Pena

MrMckee

Just now, Jeffrey said:

Gerrard obviously wants to play with a pressing style, he would be a hindrance to that.

I don't imagine he would get a game unless he showed at least some signs of being able to fit into playing that style.

It looks like we're going to be stuck with him anyway so might as well try and get something out of him.

31 minutes ago, beararse said:

Think a lot on here are missing the point of your post. He might be a shit footballer with the ball at his feet but he had the knack of being in the right place at the right time, something our currently midfield sadly lack.

He was also capable of a little bit of occasional magic outside the box (a wee one touch then dinked lob half volley pass springs to mind).

Forgetting everything else about him, he had a fantastic goals per minute game, better than SG if you look at the stats, and that was when we has clearly struggling with life.

IMHO the guy deserves a chance. He might prosper under SG, just as Halliday seems to have done.

If he flunks second time round then by all means get him tae fuck, but don't judge him on the fact he couldnt trap a bag of sand, judge him on his goals return whilst fighting alcoholism.

Spot on mate exactly what I was getting at!

Bring him home. 1 goal against the tims is all he needs to guarantee himself a future commentary spot on Rangers TV, regular appearances for the rising stars draw, a place on the legends team, ownership of a Rangers themed pub on PRW, a book deal (titled Viva Carlos!) and as much hospitality as he can get down his neck.

5 minutes ago, FSM said:

Bring him home. 1 goal against the tims is all he needs to guarantee himself a future commentary spot on Rangers TV, regular appearances for the rising stars draw, a place on the legends team, ownership of a Rangers themed pub on PRW, a book deal (titled Viva Carlos!) and as much hospitality as he can get down his neck.

Pena should've got his chance against the scum last December.  Pena was one of our top scorers going in to that match and the decision to play Kranjcar instead was a disaster.  Kranjcar was horrific and I was certain he would be hooked at halftime but Murty kept him on for about 80mins.  

Jack   Arfield

Candeias    Peña   Kent

Morelos

Morelos started coming on to a game when Pena was playing off him and that’s when Pena started scoring too.

Its a long way off a probably unlikely but he could maybe just be the no.10 player we’ve been looking for to unlock a defence.

On 04/11/2018 at 18:32, islanderbear84 said:

I heard Pena was an avid SNP follower in his short time in Scotland. But before Bilepeter9 gets his little maggot out and starts having a thrap, I mean Smack, Nandos and Prostitutes!

Hi Kia! 

1 minute ago, kanjo said:

Whether we like it ir not, he’s coming back. I think he deserves his chance just as everyone else was given one. 

If he applies himself in training correctly then I don’t see why not.

He has some good abilities while others are lacking.

I don’t think he has the fitness levels to play the gegenpress style that Gerrard has us playing unless he’s packed in the booze and is doing lots of work on his fitness levels.

Its wishful thinking that we have a ready made playmaker solution and it will all click but the odds are stacked against him, just depends on how much he wants it and like others who burn out and lose interest in football I don’t think he’ll be able to recapture the passion for football and the desire to achieve things other than get an over-inflated wage packet.

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Think a lot on here are missing the point of your post. He might be a shit footballer with the ball at his feet but he had the knack of being in the right place at the right time, something our currently midfield sadly lack.

He was also capable of a little bit of occasional magic outside the box (a wee one touch then dinked lob half volley pass springs to mind).

Forgetting everything else about him, he had a fantastic goals per minute game, better than SG if you look at the stats, and that was when we has clearly struggling with life.

IMHO the guy deserves a chance. He might prosper under SG, just as Halliday seems to have done.

If he flunks second time round then by all means get him tae fuck, but don't judge him on the fact he couldnt trap a bag of sand, judge him on his goals return whilst fighting alcoholism.

Absolute mare of a post mate

1 hour ago, beararse said:

Sean Goss or Steven Gerrard? I'd have to question the relevance of either though to be honest. 

30 minutes ago, NeoGeo7 said:

I don’t think he has the fitness levels to play the gegenpress style that Gerrard has us playing unless he’s packed in the booze and is doing lots of work on his fitness levels.

Generous.

40 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Jack   Arfield

Candeias    Peña   Kent

Morelos

Morelos started coming on to a game when Pena was playing off him and that’s when Pena started scoring too.

Its a long way off a probably unlikely but he could maybe just be the no.10 player we’ve been looking for to unlock a defence.

Morelos’ goal scoring record when playing with Pena was shit iirc