Pena

MrMckee

7 hours ago, Sweetheart said:

He has raw talent that maybe Gerrard could work with, but for me he needs to get his act together if he wants to play in the first team.

Not denying that at all. Not sure how his time in Mexico has been but has managed to stay out of the headlines. I imagine he wasn't managed very well last time especially after Pedro left and Gerrard seems a good man manager. May as well try and get the best out of him rather then paying him off I reckon.

2 months to get him assessed by the coaching and fitness team, get him training with the first team and see whether we can get anything out of him. If no progress in 2 months then punt him in January, I think any more loan deals are probably unlikely and no chance of getting anyone to buy him permanently.

Its last chance saloon for him.

10 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Pena confirming he’s ready to come back 

Doesnt sound like he's ready. 

Gullit "Peña @ G27Gullit, thanks @ClubNecaxa, clarifies that his departure from the team of Ags., Was on the best terms, for now he is ready, for his return to @RangersFC, with whom he has a contract of 1 year and a half or explore options

18 minutes ago, magic8ball said:

don't often disagree with you .but I reckon Middleton is or Tav .bit Tab only from the spot 

Middleton maybe mate, Tav i'm not so sure? Did someone not start a rumour saying we would play Tav up front against the sheep at Hampden?

2 minutes ago, plumbGER said:

Middleton maybe mate, Tav i'm not so sure? Did someone not start a rumour saying we would play Tav up front against the sheep at Hampden?

There were that many rumours about the semi and potential strikers I was offended I didn't get quoted 

1 hour ago, ShanksRFC said:

The more I think of him coming back the more I get flashbacks of some truly woeful performances from him.

He had an absolute shocker against Motherwell in the Semi Final if I remember correctly.

Hands down one of the most embarrassing performances I’ve seen from any Rangers player in any game ever.

A colossal waste of money.  The defence of this guy - almost exclusively online - has been some of the most delusional stuff I’ve read.  

1 minute ago, Paulbrian11 said:

Hands down one of the most embarrassing performances I’ve seen from any Rangers player in any game ever.

A colossal waste of money.  The defence of this guy - almost exclusively online - has been some of the most delusional stuff I’ve read.  

I agree mate, people always seem quick to forget some of the shitebag performances he's put in.

He will be given a chance but I don't see how he will be any better than previous. I don't think he has any interest in football anymore and merely doing it to pick up a wage, a shame as there has been a good player there at some point.

1 hour ago, DeanMK said:

I'd like him to succeed here. Just don't see it though. Probably won't get the chance.

He'll get the opportunity to impress the gaffer. 

But I don't see him taking it. I don't think he's got the desire to work hard and get stuck in. He'll likely be another player paid off. 

With many players their reputation and ability improves in folks minds the longer they're out the picture. Happens all the time, reading currently it re Wallace, Pena is now the same.

Now he's only utterly rank as opposed to the abysmal imposter he was before his loan deal.

1 minute ago, BlueKnight87 said:

He'll get the opportunity to impress the gaffer. 

But I don't see him taking it. I don't think he's got the desire to work hard and get stuck in. He'll likely be another player paid off. 

Guy's an enigma. Looks like such an unnatural footballer but could somehow consistently put the ball in the net.

Cannot believe people genuinely think this guy is a remotely talented footballer. It's honestly true that absence makes the heart grow fonder because he's dog shit. Infact, worse than dog shit. You throw a ball at a pile of dog shit and it would control it better.

Absolutely no hoper, hopefully never ever see him in a Rangers team again. Terrible.

Pena is under contract so we are going to have to pay him one way or another.  Might as well give him winter break to prove if he has mended his ways and is going to contribute or not.  Problem is living alone  in hotels in a foreign country is not going to assist him resist his addiction.

i suspect he will not be SG’s type of player.  If this is the case, we need to pay him off and get rid.  We don’t need bad influences around the dressing room particularly as he seemed to be buddies with Morelos in his first stint.