Worral get rid !

backup

1 minute ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

Walter was trying to win the league and get our debt down. 

He was doing a brilliant job of it until Lloyd's bottled it and demanded the tiny (relatively speaking as it was away up at £72m or something) £18m straight away cause of the bloody HMRC, which I think we all know Reid had pals in demanded ridiculous money that the club never owed. 

?

I'm sure that in Walter's second round he would have preferred to have a team of his own signings ... but as you correctly put it the Club was not in a financial position to do this ... SG is in a similar situation where loanees are needed to bolster the squad as we have limited funds for transfer fees.

In saying that .... I do feel that Katic in particular is preferable to Worral (that's only my opinion with what I've seen of him) and think that if SG is actually rotating the squad then Katic will get his share of game time .... and as a young player we do have a bit of time to develop him accordingly.

:UK:

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Which is precisely my point. Loan players have a purpose - and given the way football finances are nowadays it is something we should get used to.

The loan market is something we have and still do exploit. Some really good players just seem to not be able to play in certain teams/leagues including our own. I don't have problems with loans as long as they are making our team better, not worse like Worrall. 

Everyone can see that Katic has so many more reason's to be in the team over Worrall and its so frustrating seeing him start before Katic. It's baffling. Surely Gerrard can see it? He should do what Walter used to do and stand up the stairs for a better view. You can't get a good enough look at formations and positioning etc when you're down at pitch level and not actually on the park. 

Just now, Redwhiteandblue said:

The loan market is something we have and still do exploit. Some really good players just seem to not be able to play in certain teams/leagues including our own. I don't have problems with loans as long as they are making our team better, not worse like Worrall. 

Everyone can see that Katic has so many more reason's to be in the team over Worrall and its so frustrating seeing him start before Katic. It's baffling. Surely Gerrard can see it? He should do what Walter used to do and stand up the stairs for a better view. You can't get a good enough look at formations and positioning etc when you're down at pitch level and not actually on the park. 

They watch full video of the games back recorded from a higher vantage point as well as having the GPS data of every game reviewed. I like Katic but he looked like he'd never played football in the Hamilton game.

4 hours ago, TheKingObv said:

Player on one year loan deal plans on returning to parent club after that year. Shocker.

lo exactly, not sure what the issue is here.  He can't really say much even if he did want to stay here permanently.  He is employed by someone else.

14 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I think I'll take Rangers' word for it rather than an open source website.

The international clearance might have only came through at the end of July? He could have played for us as a trialist (I think) during that time. 

What was the date we played our first competitive game this season? 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

They watch full video of the games back recorded from a higher vantage point as well as having the GPS data of every game reviewed. I like Katic but he looked like he'd never played football in the Hamilton game.

He had just came back from injury, I don't think his partner is a good mentor plus we had still managed to keep a clean sheet until he got subbed for bloody Worrall. 

15 minutes ago, Redwhiteandblue said:

The international clearance might have only came through at the end of July? He could have played for us as a trialist (I think) during that time. 

What was the date we played our first competitive game this season? 

It better have come through before that, he'd already played several games by the end of July - you can't play as a trialist in Europe. Although the date of his competitive debut wasn't what was in question but the date he joined the club - which as confirmed by both Rangers and Liverpool was June 7th.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It better have come through before that, he'd already played several games by the end of July - you can't play as a trialist in Europe. Although the date of his competitive debut wasn't what was in question but the date he joined the club - which as confirmed by both Rangers and Liverpool was June 7th.

Theyre in on it too

1 minute ago, Big Al II said:

Not bothered one bit by the article.

I’m pissed off at us dropping one of our best early season performers, our own player, to develop another teams players. You can’t even argue he brings anything extra to the team over Katic.

It doesn’t make sense to me at all.

We broke up the strongest part of our team.

Just now, Big Al II said:

Yep I agree, crazy decision, so crazy it lends weight to the rumours we’ve given some guarantees over playing time.

He came out of the squad (Villarreal) to start with because, by his own admission, he needed the rest after playing something like 13 or 14 games in 8 weeks.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

He came out of the squad (Villarreal) to start with because, by his own admission, he needed the rest after playing something like 13 or 14 games in 8 weeks.

By his own admission? Given the choice to either agree or disagree with his manager in his first press conference for the club, aye ok.

Even if that were true he should have been reinstated the week after.

14 minutes ago, Don Logan 2 said:

I like Katic and see huge potential in him. this prick is being developed for Forest while Katic must feel he's had his balls kicked.... Strange one from the gaffer.

Goldson and Katic at start of season, where rock solid, every highball into box was getting cleared. 

11 minutes ago, Don Logan 2 said:

I like Katic and see huge potential in him. this prick is being developed for Forest while Katic must feel he's had his balls kicked.... Strange one from the gaffer.

Rumours that he needs to play a certain amount games

Just now, Big Al II said:

By his own admission? Given the choice to either agree or disagree with his manager in his first press conference for the club, aye ok.

Even if that were true he should have been reinstated the week after.

It wasn't about disagreeing with the manager, he was asked if he felt he needed the rest and said that he did. He could have easily said if he felt he was fit enough to start but the manager wanted to try something different.

20 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

Yep I agree, crazy decision, so crazy it lends weight to the rumours we’ve given some guarantees over playing time.

Almost as strange as Bristol City having to pay l’pool £500k for not playing kent !

https://www.bristolpost.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/revealed-how-much-bristol-city-1648336

11 minutes ago, The Dude said:

It wasn't about disagreeing with the manager, he was asked if he felt he needed the rest and said that he did. He could have easily said if he felt he was fit enough to start but the manager wanted to try something different.

I’m not going to get into with you m8, imo he did the sensible thing and backed up what the manager just said, even if he disagrees in private, which I’m pretty sure he did. You regard that as by his own admission which is fair enough.

Does resting one of our best performers of the season in our biggest game of the season, breaking up a tested partnership to give a 21 yr old his debut away from home make sense to you?

At that point he was one of our best performers, it certainly doesn’t make sense to me. To continue to have left him out has been really unfair to the lad.