Worral get rid !

backup

6 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I’m not going to get into with you m8, imo he did the sensible thing and backed up what the manager just said, even if he disagrees in private, which I’m pretty sure he did. You regard that as by his own admission which is fair enough. 

Does resting one of our best performers of the season in our biggest game of the season, breaking up a tested partnership to give a 21 yr old his debut away from home make sense to you?

At that point he was one of our best performers, it certainly doesn’t make sense to me. To continue to have left him out has been really unfair to the lad.

If the player coming out of the side isn't fit enough to play? It absolutely makes sense. IIRC, shortly afterwards, Katic also withdrew from the Croatia U21 squad so he's either gone to some lengths to publicly agree with Gerrard or he has genuinely been struggling.

4 minutes ago, The Dude said:

If the player coming out of the side isn't fit enough to play? It absolutely makes sense. IIRC, shortly afterwards, Katic also withdrew from the Croatia U21 squad so he's either gone to some lengths to publicly agree with Gerrard or he has genuinely been struggling.

He also said he was fit to play.

I'm sure Greg Docherty said something similar in an interview recently about wanting to return to us and prove his worth, why would we get upset about someone else saying the same. 

Whether we think he's good enough or not the only reason he's here is to prove his potential to Forest and try to get back into their team. 

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

And withdrew from the Croatia U21 squad with injury at the start of October.

I’ve just listened to it again, didn’t at any point say he was injured or tired, said he had played a lot of games, he was thankful for those games and that being left out was a reward from Gerrard.

22 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

I’ve just listened to it again, didn’t at any point say he was injured or tired, said he had played a lot of games, he was thankful for those games and that being left out was a reward from Gerrard.

I've not said Katic said he was injured but agreed that he was in need of the rest. Saying it was a reward from Gerrard to be left out would back that up.

3 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I've not said Katic said he was injured but agreed that he was in need of the rest. Saying it was a reward from Gerrard to be left out would back that up.

Yes just the sort of thing a professional footballer says after missing the biggest game of the season. He wasn’t injured, he was fit enough to be on the bench, I believe he was fit enough to play.

hopefully he gets back in soon because he as good if not better than Worral, and he’s our player.

Just now, Big Al II said:

Yes just the sort of thing a professional footballer says after missing the biggest game of the season. He wasn’t injured, he was fit enough to be on the bench, I believe he was fit enough to play.

hopefully he gets back in soon because he as good if not better than Worral, and he’s our player.

Villareal was nowhere close to the biggst game of the season. He missed that one, played the next league game, withdrew from the croatia squad and has struggled to get back in since. If he hadn't been injured, Croatia would have been within their rights to block him even appearing on the bench for us (like the IFA did with Lafferty)

5 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Villareal was nowhere close to the biggst game of the season. He missed that one, played the next league game, withdrew from the croatia squad and has struggled to get back in since. If he hadn't been injured, Croatia would have been within their rights to block him even appearing on the bench for us (like the IFA did with Lafferty)

One of the biggest for me, that’s a matter of opinion of course, are you telling me that’s wrong too?

He was on the bench for several games before he pulled out of the Croatia squad. He was back on the bench for the next game.

9 minutes ago, Big Al II said:

One of the biggest for me, that’s a matter of opinion of course, are you telling me that’s wrong too?

He was on the bench for several games before he pulled out of the Croatia squad. He was back on the bench for the next game.

Yes, I think it is wrong for a variety of reasons.

6 hours ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I would have Katic in before him based on performance. I think Katic is the better CB.

But I'm not going to get outraged because a player commented on his contractual situation. 

You'll do what you're fucking told.

58 minutes ago, RosscoRFC87 said:

in the context it’s just what you expect from a loan player and he also says he’s enjoying it here but they’ve only highlighted the part some folk will get their knickers in a twist when it comes to questioning the loyalty of a player.

This. If one of our players out on loan started going on about how much he loves the club he's at and how it's the only team he's ever wanted to play for it would be get to fuck ya dick, you've burned your bridges and you're not a Ger anymore.

Kind of wish Pena would say something like that though.

3 hours ago, Ross-Gazza genius said:

Whether we think he's good enough or not the only reason he's here is to prove his potential to Forest and try to get back into their team. 

Exactly, he's not here looking to win a contract.  He's here to get first team football, and provide Rangers with cover in defense, it's a mutually beneficial arrangement.