Worral get rid !

backup

24 minutes ago, TMB said:

Exactly, he's not here looking to win a contract.  He's here to get first team football, and provide Rangers with cover in defense, it's a mutually beneficial arrangement. 

I may be picking your post up wrong but I was pretty much saying the same thing, I agree he's here for his own personal gain. 

Apologies if I've taken this the wrong way but wasn't sure if you were digging me out. 

10 minutes ago, stuart1994 said:

Only thing that bothers me is we could be playing/developing Katic, rather than developing a player who won't be here next season.

Let's worry about next season closer to the time and concentrate on putting the best team on the pitch this season with what we have.

14 hours ago, backup said:

Deary me chaps are happy for us to develop another teams player, not a very good one imho, at our own players expense, a sign of the times indeed !

This is a strange comment considering we loan our players out for same reason?  To gain experience with other clubs.  

I'm disagreeing with you on this.  

2 hours ago, Sweettartangirl said:

This is a strange comment considering we loan our players out for same reason?  To gain experience with other clubs.  

I'm disagreeing with you on this.  

Normally we loan our players to clubs where they are up there with the clubs best players, usually means loaning them to clubs lower down the English tier. Aye it's for experience in our case but it's a player they usually wouldn't be able to afford

In Worrall's case, we've got a guy who isn't better than what we have (opinions differ) & means we're sitting with a guy in Katic on the bench who we've paid money for and could be developing 

If Worrall was head & shoulders better than Katic I'd have no issue with him playing every week 

14 minutes ago, Tiger Shaw said:

No problem mate, you’re the sole reason I log on here every morning, knowledge and patter second to none. ?

I know that, but nonetheless your compliments are well received, you have a great day now ?

16 hours ago, backup said:

a troll appears, an expert in being rag dolled...like being savaged by dead sheep as someone nearly said ??

17 hours ago, backup said:

?see you and a few other rockets landed in...???

The brass neck of you talking about patter when you’ve made posts like these in this very thread ?

It’s all well and good saying we should be playing our own players before a loan signing, but what if the loan signing is playing better and training better?

i thought katic was immense in the early season games and then got injured, if he’s not recovered fully or is lacking abit of confidence from an early set back then it’s only right worral starts.  I’d much prefer katic back at 100% because another performance like the Hamilton game would be bad for him.  Also criticising worral for stating the obvious is really scraping the barrel.

does anyone really expect him to say anything different?

He's not our player, came here for game time. I'm not worried about what he says more what he does on the pitch.

He needs to start concentrating on putting performances if he wants to get back into the Forest side or get a move, because if anything this spell has probably, so far, been average at best. I though we were getting a 15m rated, Premiership bound,future international. I know he's only young and learning but he's nowhere near that level. If he was offered to us for 3m I wouldn't take him. 

A non-story.

1 hour ago, Ger_onimo said:

The brass neck of you talking about patter when you’ve made posts like these in this very thread ?

That is the trouble with you new age travellers no sense of propriety or give and take, just constant whining,, anyhow thanks for another post on this thought provoking now 9 pager, you just can’t stay away ??

I'm one of his biggest defenders on here.

Not really got an issue with what he has said either.

My hope is that we do have an option to buy for a low fee and would be happy if it does transpire as I rate the boy, even if he didn't play great in the last game.

If we don't have an option and it is clear that he is going to go back at the end of the season, I would like to see Katic get more game time though.

The only thing that would change my mind on this is if there are issues with Katic behind the scenes. Either with performances in training or if he has off the field issues. Don't have anything to suggest there is such a problem, so hopefully not and he can flourish here.

I think Worral is a little bit better than Katic at the minute, but there ain't much in it.

I do have a bit of a worry that people have too great an expectation on Katic at the minute though. When he does get his chance again, I hope folk temper their expectations as he isn't as good as Goldson just yet and will make the odd mistake.

There're solid reasons for loaning players. Getting guys you couldn't normally afford and/or to ease the burden of the wage bill, given that the owning club normally continue to pick up much of the wage. 

Obviously one restriction is that most clubs are going to want to see their players get game time. I think we're going to have to learn to live with that. As long as we're careful about who the loan player his, it's fine. If we make an arse of that judgement, it's a millstone. In this case, Worral probably isn't good enough to justify a 'must play' status (if he has it), and it's probably come round because we needed another CB and were running out of time and options. 

So basically, like many things, it's something that's useful if you use it well and a problem if you don't. Hopefully with fewer time pressures and improved networks our use of loans will improve, because I doubt we'll ever be able to afford to not to use them. I mean, we have 3 loans just now. Could we have afforded to buy 3 good players instead and pay them full wages?