1955 and Now

Callum_Doon

Last thing I would wish to do is start a heated controversy here; however, the following has come up...

The full background... just been explained on, 'Rangers related picture thread'.

Essentially, as Don54 - a foremost, knowledgeable Club historian - explains:

"In 1955, Scot Symon brought his Rangers side here for this fixture in order to raise funds for an extension to Sandy Row Orange Hall".

He adds, "Imagine the meltdown if we did that these days"...

That's the bit that bothers me...

It simply raised the question, 'What has changed between 1955 and now, such that any similar gesture from our Club today, would indeed result in 'uproar'.

Realising that I genuinely didn't know the answer... thought it was maybe a question of interest to others?

2018116_225720343.jpg

2 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

That's certainty one aspect I find most intriguing.

Guess one profoundly related question, which was always maybe in the background here...

Where was the fightback?

There was no fightback 

It happened gradually over years and nobody did anything to stop it, now it's too late.

34 minutes ago, Callum_Doon said:

Last thing I would wish to do is start a heated controversy here; however, the following has come up...

The full background... just been explained on, 'Rangers related picture thread'.

"In 1955, Scot Symon brought his Rangers side here for this fixture in order to raise funds for an extension to Sandy Row Orange Hall".

It simply raised the question, 'What has changed between 1955 and now, such that any similar gesture from our Club today, would indeed result in 'uproar'.

Realising that I genuinely didn't know the answer... thought it was maybe a question of interest to others?

2018116_225720343.jpg

That is the orange hall I attended as a boy

1 minute ago, theweebluenose said:

David Murray happened.

Good thing/ Bad thing...

How long have you got....

Maybe not an 'impact' on the inherent difference we're having a chat about here...

That's the word though!

What were, any, fundamental impacts between then and now - such that if we offered a similar, charitable, friendly...

...and last I heard, the Orange Lodge wasn't on the 'watch list' at MI5...

2 hours ago, Callum_Doon said:

2018116_225720343.jpg

This Country and certainly Glasgow belonged to our people 

The immigrants slowly and cleverly using political manoeuvring originally  .They stood up for all the injustices they perceived as one and slowly  gained control  of all the decision making institutions .Especially Centrally where they practically impregnable now  in our lifetimes 

Many of them in my younger days studied law and you see the fruits of that nowadays.

I reckon there must be 9/10 lawyers are beggars 

They placed their favourable people in positions of power, wherever that mattered

The media latterly is now full of the scumbags with agenda for their beloved ones  and against the Rangers 

The police used to be 80/% us in my younger days .

Now I reckon it can't be far off 50/50 with storm troopers with high positions probably 75/25 shifting towards their own  .

57 minutes ago, BLUEDIGNITY said:

Too many cunts saying "he's awright" then giein him a job, then a gaffers job, then they in return bite the haun aff ye by bringing in their pals who bring in their pals resulting in now being totally different from 1955, they run the show. Naivety in the extreme.

Naivety in those early days 

Now nepotism and corruption 

7 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Naivety in those early days 

Now nepotism and corruption 

Still the same naive cunts going about in fact worse, even at Ibrox by the way, and they've played the long game to fruition and we've stood back took it. Wait till the muzzies programme is in full flow, sorry how naive of me it already is.