Windass Meets Si Ferry

soulboy

16 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Yes, he did

He was good that day. His interview was worth a listen anyway. People can hate him but he’s keeping himself relevant because he wore our shirt. Obviously understands how big that was now he’s elsewhere. Wish him well tbh why hate on him now, it’s done.

Really enjoyed it great to get a wee insight into previous regimes easy to now understand how it went so wrong for Pedro he sounds like an absolute crack pot love how he thinks he’s worth more than the 2.5 mill we got I’d say that was a fair price for a very average player 

Wondered how long it would be before a thread got started! :thumbsup:

Have to say I enjoy Si Ferry's interviews overall. I think he comes across well and has a good balance of guests from all sides. There is a lot of Windass interview that is entertaining and revealing around a fairly odd period in our history with Pedro etc. 

I think the section about Miller's die hard attitude is enlightening and highlights just how shockingly low standards were throughout the club. Overall though, if you were a young player analysing that, he is an example of how not to make it at a big club. Undoubtedly someone with some ability but the its all about the extra mile, the attitude, the ability to be humble and work for the team, respect the manager, respect the fans and the history - Windass has none of this. 

Also, regardless of some frustrating results - if anyone watches that and doesn't realise how much better a place our club is in this season compared to last then i'd be worried. The difference in attitude in standards can be felt in the air now, and Gerrard's reaction to Windass not being up for the fight tells us all we need to know about out club then and now. :UK:

Don't think he is a bad guy, or really deserving of any hate...or indeed deserving of very much attention to be honest! Thought he came across quite immature and I don't think he has the talent to back up his attitude; but that is someone else's problem now. I wish him best of luck, but don't ever see him playing at a high level.

19 hours ago, Marky. said:

He was good that day. His interview was worth a listen anyway. People can hate him but he’s keeping himself relevant because he wore our shirt. Obviously understands how big that was now he’s elsewhere. Wish him well tbh why hate on him now, it’s done.

Because he's an arsehole and he keeps talking about us. Don't hate him just don't like him and wish we could all forget he played for us. 

It's telling out of every player he's the first one to blink and go into detail about what happened behind the scenes with some of the recent events. Delusional about his own standing and abilities, and desperate to remain in the limelight. 

If he cared so much about Rangers he should've fucking tried harder when he was here. He had plenty of time to cement a place here and he didn't do it. 

I really like Si Ferry's interviews as they always give an interesting insight into the dressing room that we don't usually see. The only other podcast like that I've found is "Quickly Kevin!" but that's retired footballers who don't mind giving too much away.

This was a strange one because it was interesting as usual, but he's a right arrogant prick. If he had really produced, even for a season, I wouldn't even care too much as they would warrant it a little. However, the odd good run here and there before shitting it whenever times got tough. 

The bit that got me was when he said "I played 10 mins in two legs and still got blamed for that Progres defeat, they just love hammering me." You missed a fucking sitter that would have put us through, you bellend!

Showed a few glimpses in his time here, but I wouldn't put him in ahead of anyone in our starting 11 tbh.

Also Pedro seems to be incredibly strange, what a complete mess that appointment was.

Haven't got anything against Josh. He's a frustrating player because he does have talent but he lacks the application to make the most of it. 

I can't help but think he's grown up with his dad telling him how great he is, and he's ended up thinking a bit of talent is enough make you a top player. 

The bit that summed Windass up was when he was talking about Warburton's so called total football. He said Rangers fans don't have the patience for that style of football they just want to see tackles, then he says I don't really know what Rangers fans want. Winners Josh, winners. And that summed up why he never really got it. 

Decent footballer but just doesn't have anywhere near the mentality to play at a top level.