The Rangers FC

Gazzasleftfoot

5 minutes ago, Gazzasleftfoot said:

Was reading about how the club has always had two badges RFC combined lettering and the Lion Rampant on the football one. Anyways, noticed this: 

20181111_220427.jpg

Given it's popularity it is surprising it never made it to the shirt.

15 minutes ago, Gazzasleftfoot said:

I prefer the new one, though without checking I'm sure it now just says 'Ready' and  'Aye' has been dropped. Aye is Scots and integral to the club's identity, IMHO. 

The whole point of the thread was we were called 'THE Rangers FOOTBALL CLUB' decades ago. So fuck the bams that insinuate it's a new name. 

Apparently 'Rangers' cannot be capitalised on here. 

Keep pushing it mate - No Surrender 

19 minutes ago, Gazzasleftfoot said:

I prefer the new one, though without checking I'm sure it now just says 'Ready' and  'Aye' has been dropped. Aye is Scots and integral to the club's identity, IMHO. 

The whole point of the thread was we were called 'THE Rangers FOOTBALL CLUB' decades ago. So fuck the bams that insinuate it's a new name. 

I'm not sure , maybe others can help , but I wonder if it's an age thing .

Ive always called us Rangers but I can remember , when I was younger , the older generation calling us The Rangers . 

29 minutes ago, WATP-FOREVER said:

Keep pushing it mate - No Surrender 

22 minutes ago, gmcf said:

Ive always called us Rangers but I can remember , when I was younger , the older generation calling us The Rangers . 

The badge doesn't lie, as far as I'm concerned. It reads 'The Rangers Football Club'. So fuck the cunts who use it disparagingly. That's clearly what the club was known as then, and is now known. 

It's more Glaswegian too: people get 'the jail', etc. So just the restoration of the club's original name. How the Tims will seethe if that is widely disseminated. Tradition: love it. 

3 hours ago, Gazzasleftfoot said:

We are The Rangers mate, have been for decades. Am I showing my age?  ?

4 hours ago, Gazzasleftfoot said:

Was reading about how the club has always had two badges RFC combined lettering and the Lion Rampant on the football one. Anyways, noticed this: 

20181111_220427.jpg

Beautiful. It's colours they are fine. Three cheers for the Red White and Blue.

22 hours ago, Gazzasleftfoot said:

20181111_220427.jpg

If my memory serves me well that was the Club blazer badge.

We have always been known as "The Rangers" or just "Rangers".  When I was young friends and relatives would ask "Are you going to watch The Rangers?".  To this day I often say "I'm going to see The Rangers".      Pretty sure I say that more often than just "Rangers".    We have been known as The Rangers Football Club for well over 100 years.  

18 hours ago, Ace said:

This is THE crest.

We are heading towards 2022 which is our 150th anniversary & my biggest desire is we produce a shirt which honours our founding fathers by having this as the badge 

Crest1.jpg.ec217b7a86a728029541267c0549e3b2.jpg

I absolutely love that badge and think that it should be on our shirt permanently.

20 hours ago, gmcf said:

Unfortunately I’m one of the older generation and from the late 50s onwards I remember my pals and I would always refer to the team as The Rangers. It would be “are you going to see The Rangers” “ How did The Rangers get on today” . Could never understand the more recent fuss and concern about folks calling us that, we are The Rangers.