Borussia Dortmund, Champions League - September 1995

crmpicco

I’ve recently had a bunch of old VHS tapes converted to DVD and one of them was the Borussia Dortmund game at Ibrox in the Champions League from Sep 1995.

The quality isn’t 100% but it’s watchable, but it’s a 23 year old recording and a tape that’s 25 year old or maybe older. I’m glad it’s been saved regardless.

I threw it up on YouTube as I couldn’t see the full game up there.

Just checked the details, to refresh my old memory.

• Juventus
  • Borussia Dortmund
  • Steaua Bucharest

Steaua Bucharest  finished third, it was a really tough group for us and we finished bottom of the group losing three games and drawing three. 

Juventus topped our group.

Borussia Dortmund got beat in the Quarter Finals by eventual finalists Ajax who were beaten in the Final by Juventus..

3 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Wallace hadn't joined in 1995. Laudrup scored in the 2-2 draw away 

Yep, Laudrup and Gazza got our goals that day, though don't remember much about the game except we were hearing rumours it would be cancelled due to frozen pitch.

That was the last Euro away game I went to. Never been so cold in my life, was fucking baltic. 

We were already out but there were 5,000 plus Bears at the game. WATP.

1 hour ago, Inigo said:

The proverbial group of death. Juve and Dortmund were top outfits, and Steuea were no mugs.

Yeah tough group. Juventus were a great team.

Daniel Prodan scored the winner for Steaua in the away game.

In saying that though I can’t remember if it was the Prodan that died 2 years ago or the one that died last week!

7 hours ago, pcbear said:

It was a  team goal that involved many passes I was thinking about, was that the game?

Yes Dortmund in 1999/2000 season. Lost 2-0 after tonking them 2-0 at home in the game in which Wallace scored. Lost on penalties over there. 

7 hours ago, RS4_wul said:

Yep, Laudrup and Gazza got our goals that day, though don't remember much about the game except we were hearing rumours it would be cancelled due to frozen pitch.

That was the last Euro away game I went to. Never been so cold in my life, was fucking baltic. 

We were already out but there were 5,000 plus Bears at the game. WATP.

I'm sure it was Gordon Durie that got the goal along with Brian , and Gazza was ordered off .

Dortmund during the day was a good laugh , but you're right about the fucking cold ☃️

Empty seats at Ibrox were down to sir duped taking the support for granted and charging above the odds prices for the 3 game package .

9 minutes ago, Fred H Crawford said:

I'm sure it was Gordon Durie that got the goal along with Brian , and Gazza was ordered off .

Dortmund during the day was a good laugh , but you're right about the fucking cold ☃️

Empty seats at Ibrox were down to sir duped taking the support for granted and charging above the odds prices for the 3 game package .

Can't remember Durie scoring but will take your word for it mate. Was a long time ago and I was pretty pished, same as the other 4,999 Bears at the game :mutley:

It was definitely brass monkeys that day though. 

6 hours ago, Kaydubya11 said:

Yes Dortmund in 1999/2000 season. Lost 2-0 after tonking them 2-0 at home in the game in which Wallace scored. Lost on penalties over there. 

Big Amo got charged for racism for calling Ikpeba a black bastard and Lehman came up last minute to assist their equaliser.

Was an early kick off I remember running home from school to watch it on channel 5.

12 hours ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Big Amo got charged for racism for calling Ikpeba a black bastard and Lehman came up last minute to assist their equaliser.

Was an early kick off I remember running home from school to watch it on channel 5.

Fredi bobic goal in the last minute iirc