Ryan Jack tonight

TopCat

Never really rated him that highly tbh but tonight he proved his worth to the team with his work rate and positional sense.He reads the game so well too.

Really growing on me as a player.

Need more top notch performances like that from him if we are to challenge for silverware and to progress in Europe this season.

As soon as we went down to 10 men you could see him trying to focus everybody on the task at hand when we could have easily lost our heads, he was sloppy in possesion at times but outstanding in every other aspect you ask from him excluding Mcgregor he was my MOTM.

Just now, jackrfc95 said:

McGregor was obviously MOTM but Arfield and Jack weren't that far behind for me.

Thought Jack was different class last night. Arfield and coulibaly were very good first half but seemed to fall out it a bit second half. 

Although not much stuck for them I thought morelos and Middleton worked their balls off. 

Worral was superb 

Just now, Rfc52 said:

Thought Jack was different class last night. Arfield and coulibaly were very good first half but seemed to fall out it a bit second half. 

Although not much stuck for them I thought morelos and Middleton worked their balls off. 

Worral was superb 

Aye Coulibaly looked absolutely done in after about 60 minutes, surprised McCrorie didn't come on earlier.

Whole team deserve a mention (even Flannigan), they all put in some shift. 

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Aye Coulibaly looked absolutely done in after about 60 minutes, surprised McCrorie didn't come on earlier.

Whole team deserve a mention (even Flannigan), they all put in some shift. 

His pass to Bacca :lol:

2 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Aye at the time I wasn't sure if it was a shite pass or Worrall made a cunt of it but after seeing it fuck knows what Flannigan was doing :lol:

He's a mad bastard :lol:

I sit in the CF and in the second half it looked like the Villareal player was going to try turn him.in the box and he just steamed right into him :lol:

Though Jack put in a cracking shift, broke their play really well, was great protection for our CHs. Only recall one misplaced pass compared to awful passing by others.

He's the foil that should let others be creative, but that's the problem we've no one that can.

22 minutes ago, jackrfc95 said:

Aye at the time I wasn't sure if it was a shite pass or Worrall made a cunt of it but after seeing it fuck knows what Flannigan was doing :lol:

I thought that too but when I watched it again Worrall could have got the pass, he let it run past him and by then realised it was too late. It wasn't a great pass by Flanagan but imo that chance was on Worrall.

15 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Done well but Coulibally is absolute dugshit. Honestly can’t get my head around why Gerrard still plays him.

All he really done in the second half was jog around and be miles off the pace, hardly got close to making a tackle at all.

21 minutes ago, fanaticCR said:

Done well but Coulibally is absolute dugshit. Honestly can’t get my head around why Gerrard still plays him.

Absolutely atrocious take 

Our whole midfield put in a massive shift last night and it's against better opposition that Coulibaly proves his worth but as @STEPPS BOY says we have too many players who can only play one way.

Middleton made some really good runs in behind and not a single midfielder was capable of putting a ball over the top for him. Desperately need someone who can dictate play in January 

39 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

Our whole midfield put in a massive shift last night and it's against better opposition that Coulibaly proves his worth but as @STEPPS BOY says we have too many players who can only play one way.

Middleton made some really good runs in behind and not a single midfielder was capable of putting a ball over the top for him. Desperately need someone who can dictate play in January 

Against better opposition? I don’t think we’ll play a better team all season that Villarreal and he was shite last night.

Constantly makes the wrong decision, can’t make a decent pass and looked absolutely knackered from 60 mins onwards. Some enforcer he is.

58 minutes ago, psb07158 said:

It's actually not, he was chasing shadows for most of the second half and can only remember 1 decent tackle. It's a tough shift playing that role especially when down to 10 against class opposition but he never got close enough for me. Watched him closely in the second half and was hoping he'd be replaced with Ejaria so we had a player who could hold onto the ball to relieve pressure.