Ladbrokes Cnuts

RoboBear

I'm skint and get paid tomorrow, but had £15 in my ladbrokes account. I was going to withdraw it but decided to have a punt. Won £178 in the afternoon and then £78 in the evening. Went in to draw out £200 and they wouldn't let me unless i had a passport driving licence or birth certificate.

So instead of watching the game with a few beers I spent most of the first half argueing with them

4 hours ago, ForeverAndEver said:

:lol: They've done nothing wrong

How so. They never ask for verification when I'm putting money in. Never asked for any ID when I opened the account. Never had a problem taking out £70/£80.

But when it comes to £200 which isn't a massive amount, suddenly I need ID.

It's just a ploy to keep your money in the account in the hope that you'll spend it

12 minutes ago, RoboBear said:

How so. They never ask for verification when I'm putting money in. Never asked for any ID when I opened the account. Never had a problem taking out £70/£80.

It's just a ploy to keep your money in the account in the hope that you'll spend it

Thought it was a first time withdrawal, fair enough

4 hours ago, RoboBear said:

This is pretty standard stuff for online bookies mate. They say it's to prevent fraud but it's just there to make life difficult for you when you're winning off them.

I'd get one of their loyalty cards and talk to a manager in a shop about it. Make it his problem. Ladbrokes link your online account to anything you do in a shop when you hand over the card. 

You could show ID in the shop instead of fucking about scanning it and emailing it to some office somewhere.

20 hours ago, theblueoysterbar said:

This is pretty standard stuff for online bookies mate. They say it's to prevent fraud but it's just there to make life difficult for you when you're winning off them.

I'd get one of their loyalty cards and talk to a manager in a shop about it. Make it his problem. Ladbrokes link your online account to anything you do in a shop when you hand over the card. 

You could show ID in the shop instead of fucking about scanning it and emailing it to some office somewhere.

Thanks for the advice mate. In the end I just withdrew most of it back to my bank account. Takes a few days but at least I'll get it.