Andy Haliday

Copland bear

Andy Halliday might not be the most skilful player ever to pull on the Jersey but when he's been called on to step in and perform he's done so in every game and he has been fantastic for us.

I don't know what Gerrard has done with him and Morelos but whatever it is it's paying dividends.

1 minute ago, ben51 said:

Too narrow?Β 

Perhaps, but you can understand why in that position. I blame Ejaria for pussyfooting about and losing the ball.Β 

Yeah he had practically tucked in behind the centre half on his side by the time the ball goes wide. If he stays wider he stops the cross.Β 

Anyway, only so critical I feel comfortable being of Halliday’s positioning given that he’s been a fullback for about a month.

1 hour ago, Creampuff said:

Yeah he had practically tucked in behind the centre half on his side by the time the ball goes wide. If he stays wider he stops the cross.Β 

Anyway, only so critical I feel comfortable being of Halliday’s positioning given that he’s been a fullback for about a month.

On this occasion, aye, however his positional awareness/nievity (take your pick) saved us on a number of occasions today when he's come across to cover the centre halfs. I think there was at least 3 occasions where he's been last man & made solid tackles!Β 

5 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

Amazing what canΒ happen to a playerΒ when you have somebody managing you who actually believes in you.

Stevie G has to take great credit for the way AH is playing at the moment.... he really has come on leaps and bounds and is now an important part of what is becoming a strong lookingΒ squad.

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

Too narrow?Β 

Perhaps, but you can understand why in that position. I blame Ejaria for pussyfooting about and losing the ball.Β 

Ejaria in the EuropeanΒ games is great Ejaria in the spflΒ gives me the fear.

16 minutes ago, TopCat said:

Stevie G has to take great credit for the way AH is playing at the moment.... he really has come on leaps and bounds and is now an important part of what is becoming a strong lookingΒ squad.

I honestly don'tΒ think Halliday was that bad he just seemed to get more stick than others had another good game today, the previous game IΒ thought he was poor.

5 minutes ago, Smile said:

Ejaria in the EuropeanΒ games is great Ejaria in the spflΒ gives me the fear.

He's a talented player but doesn't seem to fancy theΒ physical battle we face here in the SPFL.Β 

Defo more suited to European football..... so Stevie needs to think long and hard before throwing him into big Scottish league games.

If there was a football god, Halliday would be rewarded for his form this year byΒ scoring aΒ last minute winner at the paedo dome this season. After all the shit he took off them after getting subbed at half time last year.

3 hours ago, ben51 said:

Too narrow?Β 

And Ejaria for shitting out of two challenges to win the ball back. One attempt he essentially just slid and lay down BEHIND the attacker! πŸ™„