New 3rd UEFA Competition

cushynumber

As great as being in Europe is, the whole nature European competition has been destroyed to favour certain clubs and leagues. As good as some of the football in the CL is, I find it increasingly boring. Same teams all the time, overhyped and overpaid players, constant diving etc...This is further totally unnecessary meddling. It should be Champions go into CL, regardless of league, none of this top 4 clubs from one league nonsense. Remainder can go into Europa League. 

2 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

This was what Lawell was on about last year with his "we are at the table and have a voice" stuff at their AGM. it rang alarm bells at the time with me.

Doesn’t appear that UEFA are listening to them. 

3 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

This is nothing to do with "Scotland becoming a footballing backwater" and everything to do with UEFA being contemptible, corrupt cunts who only want to cater to a select few teams and nations. The fact that the champions of any league have to go through qualifiers to get into the champions league is evidence enough of this. They should stop insulting the fans intelligence and just rebarand everything as "the commercial cup 1,2,3" etc. I haven't watched a European match since Rangers were last in Europe and every home one I've watched this season has been at Ibrox. 

Fuck UEFA. Horrible cunts. 

Nail-head-hammer

Football is no longer a sport, it’s a business and that’s been made firmly apparent from the top down.

Always thought there would come a time when the big rich clubs would effectively become big money making business monopolies only responsible to investors and sponsors, and sporting integrity, loyalty, support and tradition would not matter a fuck, especially to the legislators and regulators who ran the game, who were only interested in coining it too. 

Fact is that process is almost complete. 

Oh for the days when a wee amateur team like Queen's Park could compete with moral integrity, honesty, transparency and still succeed.

13 minutes ago, cushynumber said:

the top 4 nations have 7 teams who can get into some form of europe now. Spain for example will have 4 CL spots, 2 Europa spot and 1 spot in this new division. Scotland has a CL 1 qualifying round and 3 in Q2 of this new competition.

I wonder how the co-efficient can be improved upon once this is set in stone. i dont see many channels for upward mobility.

Top teams will consistently play each other.  Fools supporting sporting institutions they have no real moral or traditional connection with, but just like because of their strip colour, logo, wealth even,  or player who is the latest fashion (or has the right PR machine). (Any Chelsea or Man City fans on here who see that irony ?)

Still a choice though to give the impression of competition, Barca or Madrid, Pepsi or Coke, MacDonalds or KFC, and all as boring and predictable as fuck. 

47 minutes ago, TopCat said:

I hate UEFA. All they care about are the teams from the big leagues like Spain, England and Germany.

Unfortunately they have to, or the big countries will break away. Modern football stinks. Outwith Rangers and arsenal gamesive not watched a champions league tie for a decade. Boring as fuck 

7 minutes ago, LiverpoolBlue said:

Karma .. they fucked the co-efficient themselves  back in 2012 .. 

Except cellic saw that without us they had a get out of jail clause to avoid co-efficent problems and become a very rich money making monopoly with direct access to Champion's League finance for at least 5 or 6 years.

Things changing now, but they still got that money in, and banked plenty at ours and the rest of Scottish footballs's expense.

24 minutes ago, SkylineBlue said:

This is nothing to do with "Scotland becoming a footballing backwater" and everything to do with UEFA being contemptible, corrupt cunts who only want to cater to a select few teams and nations. The fact that the champions of any league have to go through qualifiers to get into the champions league is evidence enough of this. They should stop insulting the fans intelligence and just rebarand everything as "the commercial cup 1,2,3" etc. I haven't watched a European match since Rangers were last in Europe and every home one I've watched this season has been at Ibrox. 

Fuck UEFA. Horrible cunts. 

All comes down to how many tv viewers in a country now. Scotland with 5m is a long way down the list.

Knew this would happen. It's pretty much a way of shoehorning in a European Superleague, it's started years ago when they allowed the top 4 teams in the "lucrative" leagues to qualify ahead of actual European champions. 

Knowing the fuckwits at the SFA they probably voted for it

21 hours ago, Malvern said:

They don't care about Scotland, they are an oirish team.

I honestly believe the guys that run the club don't give a fuck about who they are or where they want to be. As long as they make money on the backs of a misguided support they'll continue denying the harbouring of the peadophiles and fucking up any other team they could (Gwardia Warsaw, Dunde United, us) in any way possible.