The job that's been done so far

KingKirk

8 hours ago, KingKirk said:

Clearly but the improvement has been staggering. Gerrard will get us success

He may he may not its early days yet and he needs a few transfer windows we will get an idea after this month finishes if there has been a real improvement. winning something still seems a long way away yet.

8 hours ago, Smile said:

We still have to win something nothings done yet.

Thats obviously the holy grail. However, i still think we can make a judgement based on what's been done so far. On that basis i think personally that the progress we have made given where we were in may, is nothing short of staggering.

8 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

I swear some folk on here, when we finally win a cup under Stevie they will be on saying don’t celebrate it’s just the first. 

How many times have folk put any old shyster on a plinth in recent years? Honestly the list is staggering. Worst ones below. 

Charles Green 

Warburton for England manager

Pedro's warrior's

We've made an absolutely brilliant start. If we're top at the end of December I'll be really starting to believe the hype. As I said two games away before folk will be hitting out with the Gerrards a youth coach lines. We're all desperate for us to win, we just also need a bit of realism with it too. 

1 minute ago, cushynumber said:

Thats obviously the holy grail. However, i still think we can make a judgement based on what's been done so far. On that basis i think personally that the progress we have made given where we were in may, is nothing short of staggering.

He's done better than I expected especially in European games and we seem to have got the hoodoo of away games out the way now, we have to now show real progress has been made and that can only be shown when we pick up trophies. That's always how a Rangers team should be judged.

3 hours ago, jintybear said:

I hope you're wrong about not winning anything this season because them gettong a treble treble is unbearable.  We're the only ones who can challenge them for anything so if we don't win the league then the Scottish cup will do (would prefer the league)!

Or both my dear 👍Think big 

For the first time since we came back up we're in a title race. 

For the first time in 8 years we've had proper European football at Ibrox, and we have a real chance of still being there after Christmas. 

But for me the biggest change has been in the players who were already here, Tavernier, Halliday and Ryan Jack being the standouts,the turnaround in them has been unbelievable.

And as @Rfc52 pointed out, this side finally has that character and fighting spirit that is desperately needed in any successful team. To remain unbeaten after having a man sent off 7 times is a phenomenal statistic, but you'll only hear or read about that from our own as the media are shit scared of painting us in any positive light.

And all of the above is down to Gerrard, been really good so far with a couple of expected bumps in the road, so let's see where we are at the end of the month and take it from there :guns:

5 hours ago, SeparateEntityMyArse said:

Cracking for what's been achieved in one transfer window and with modest outlay. Mistakes have been made, but not too many. Disciplinary issues will cost us and SG needs to deny fault and fight each and every one as we're facing some amount of suspensions going forward. SG gets us, his handling of the press is great, he clearly man manages his players well and is respected at the club.

Really strong platform to build from in the next 2 transfer windows. Wouldn't want any other manager as our gaffer.

Yes that's the key point - real progress with modest outlay.  So if any more investment can be found we can be reasonably confident it will be spent wisely and will improve us.  Then we should be where we need to be.

There is fight and determination instilled in the squad now, tho we lack a player or two that has that little bit extra skill or magic that would compliment the graft shown. Imo teams now have a fear when they play us which hasn’t been there  for years, so another benchmark of the teams progression. Ultimately it’s trophies that will judge the teams success, but we’ve come along way in a short time, are right up there and can get better. there’s a resilience about Rangers,   a bit of grit and the rest know it and don’t like it.