Jump to content

Recommended Posts

29 minutes ago, RowX said:

Aberdeen were doubling up in the wide areas and our ‘extra man’ was too high up the pitch and we weren’t getting the ball into good areas to hurt them. 

Many times Jack took the ball from the centre backs and then had nowhere to play it too other than side ways or back. 

Maybe this is what Gerrard meant when he said the players didn’t follow their individual instructions. 

Agreed, they were set up to stop us going down the wings but i don't agree that our extra man was too far forward.

You want to have plenty of players in and around their box and get the ball in, even if this means your crossing from deeper positions.

If you've enough players forward your likely to pick up any headed clearances in good positions just outside the box. This puts the opposition under intense pressure and creates chances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, King_gazza said:

I don't know why he keeps changing one of the CBs for every game.

To me you'd want players building up a good relationship especially your CB's so they can work off each other.

We should always play our best team till a players level drops or one of the squad players is just to good to leave out we are tinkering for the sake of it.

King_gazza likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smile said:

We should always play our best team till a players level drops or one of the squad players is just to good to leave out we are tinkering for the sake of it.

Totally agree it's hugely frustrating.

We played some really good football on Sunday make a few changes for last night and it's total polar opposite. I'd have played the exact same team as we did on Sunday bar Arfield.

Smile likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, King_gazza said:

Totally agree it's hugely frustrating.

We played some really good football on Sunday make a few changes for last night and it's total polar opposite. I'd have played the exact same team as we did on Sunday bar Arfield.

I honestly thought we would steamroll Aberdeen last night with the game at home and us on a good run full of confidence. we should have stuck to the winning team as you say with Arfield the forced change.

King_gazza likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, ElBufalo20 said:

Aberdeen played perfectly when they went down to 10.

Put everyone behind the call cos they had a lead to defend.

We had a complete lack of ideas and invention. I think we forced the issue too much with the Flanagan change.

To be fair they were doing that all game....they did it in the semi-final and probably to a lesser extent in the opening league fixture, I'm in no way saying that Mcinnes is a tactical genius but it is grating inside of me that in 270 mins of football we have scored 1 solitary penalty against the sheep...take into context that Motherwell put 3 by them in a hour the other week....we need to be able to adapt better to any team that camps themselves in.

ElBufalo20 and Smile like this
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, hammer93 said:

To be fair they were doing that all game....they did it in the semi-final and probably to a lesser extent in the opening league fixture, I'm in no way saying that Mcinnes is a tactical genius but it is grating inside of me that in 270 mins of football we have scored 1 solitary penalty against the sheep...take into context that Motherwell put 3 by them in a hour the other week....we need to be able to adapt better to any team that camps themselves in.

It's not lucky now that McInnes is winning these games first game I'd say was as we should have won that but he's found a system we cannot break down.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Smile said:

It's not lucky now that McInnes is winning these games first game I'd say was as we should have won that but he's found a system we cannot break down.

Agreed,  the point I'm making is that Mcinnes is far from what I would class tactically astute but for some reason our manager and staff can't find away of cracking the way they set up....that disappoints me in all honesty 

Smile likes this
Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, hammer93 said:

Agreed,  the point I'm making is that Mcinnes is far from what I would class tactically astute but for some reason our manager and staff can't find away of cracking the way they set up....that disappoints me in all honesty 

The positive is that's only our first defeat in 8 games but I think we all expected to beat Aberdeen as you say they came with the same tactic and we never had an answer to that.

Link to post
Share on other sites

McInnes is hardly a tactical genius. They set up to stop us going down the wings as that's our main threat.

They go long and try to get free kicks in advanced areas as set plays are their best chance of a goal.

We needed variety in our attack, we had none and kept trying to go down the well defended wings.

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Smile said:

The positive is that's only our first defeat in 8 games but I think we all expected to beat Aberdeen as you say they came with the same tactic and we never had an answer to that.

That's part of the problem on here, too many thought it'd be dead easy then when it doesn't pan out that way it's a huge over reaction.

There were a few on the match thread pre match saying it shouldn't be taken for granted drowned out by the 3nil 4nil predicting posters.

 

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Upcoming Events

    • 25 April 2021 17:30 Until 19:30
      0  
      Rangers v St. Johnstone
      Ibrox Stadium
      Scottish Cup
×
×
  • Create New...