***Official SK Rapid Wien v Rangers Thread***

G.E.C.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Will be tough, they've done well in their home games. Plus the fact a draw suits them is a big concern. Had it been two teams needing a win I'd have fancied our chances.

As it is, head says 0-0. Heart says we're going through with a 90th minute pen

Under "normal" footballing circumstances this season was all about competing with our rivals, mainly celtic. So far we have done this.

Europe, there was absolutely no expectation at all, and we have done superbly.

I apologise for using this analogy, but Rome wasn't built in a Day, and certainly not built on one transfer window.

3 hours ago, Ivybank said:

Candeias is banned thank fuck

and Kent has no chance of playing, he left dens with an ice pack on his leg

Aye forgot about Candeias! Middleton it is then.

Shame about Kent, I guess we'll have to have another holding midfielder then 😐

I'm confident we can do it, no pressure on the players as they've already over achieved massively and the fact that Rapid only need a draw may work for us mentally over them. Still think we'll keep it reasonably tight though, but if we can nick any sort of goal then it will get very interesting.

Just now, Spliffy said:

I'm confident we can do it, no pressure on the players as they've already over achieved massively and the fact that Rapid only need a draw may work for us mentally over them. Still think we'll keep it reasonably tight though, but if we can nick any sort of goal then it will get very interesting.

Only problem with that is we don't do well against teams who sit in and defend for a draw. 

They are not playing good but I think we'd have a better chance if they don't adobt an anti football approach.

0-1.

8 hours ago, Blumhoilann said:

A team that plays in Europe is more attractive to better players,I'm hoping for a win and go thru and go as far as we can.The league is not done and dusted,it's not even Xmas yet ffs..........but then again,I'm a glass half full sort of guy😁

Depending on whether they are cup tied, doubt a two legged Europa tie in February will have attraction to many - but I see your point.

McGregor

Tav              Goldson          McAuley          Barisic

Coulibaly            Jack               Arfield

Grezda                       Morelos                Middleton

**after Sunday Grezda & Middleton don't deserve to play but our choices are limited. Big Laff to come on and score a late winner!

Archived