post match interview

qwerty

No even listening to him 

but agree with other that tav is in no way shape or from a Rangers captain, not a fucking chance 

just give it to mcgregor for the rest of the season and sort it out in the summer 

tav needs to be stripped of it 

I agree that we were good against Herts once they scored, but what I watched today was an exact replica of what I saw on Wed night at Ibrox and was hellish to sit through.

I would have expected a response today after how poor we were then, but just the same, no leadership apart from Allan Mc going mental and no one paying any attention to him.

Players need the Hair dryer treatment if what the boss says is correct 

Good players shouldn’t need to be told how to play good football though, it’s not a computer game, they can think for themselves.

This bunch don’t have a brain cell between them, football wise.

At least the boss sees what we see, I don’t know how he sorts it, but he has to, he can’t keep backing a bunch of wasters.

We need a decent run of form again not for 2 or 3 games,  pronto.

21 minutes ago, willygers4life said:

If the players are making bad decisions then drop them 

He does , he just brings them back in too quickly .. There at least 2/3 players who were shite on Wednesday , dropped today and they will be playing on Thursday

Chopping and changing way too many positions for me is just baffling

24 minutes ago, steven33jackie said:

If the manger gives a game plan and for two games running he says the players are not following that plan then he has serious problems.Is the plan to difficult for them to execute or have they stopped listening to the manager. Surely it's up to the captain to get amongst the players and get them back on track. If that's not happening then change the captain. 

The captains role is greatly exaggerated  on here there are many ways to captain a team at Rangers we have had some inspirational vocal ones and we have had the quiet lead by example type but a good team needs a dressing room full of leaders  and players with game intelligence to be able to follow the coaches instructions this is our problem we don’t have enough leaders and definetly don’t have any with game intelligence that’s why our discipline is letting us down too 

If you are dropping players who have had say five or six games or more on the bounce then  the player who comes in has to get a run rather than one game and then dropped again. I fully expect Coulibally and Ejira to both come back into the team in Thursday. So for guys like Rossiter  we will never know how they could contribute to the team because come the next game it's back to the bench.

1 hour ago, markem said:

Our crossing is horrendous, unreal how similar that was to playing the beggars down to ten....they’ve simply said, go on have the ball out there as we are quite comfortable you won’t put balls of any quality in.  It’s not even crosses at times it’s a cut back or a simple pass into their box. We must have had 30 plus opportunities today and our ability  to lift our heads and find a Rangers player is staggeringly poor. 

Worst thing that happened to us was that boy going off as we simply have no answer to playing v 10 which is shocking. We are more effective going down to 10 than playing 10. 

It is frustrating watching us repeat the same tactic over and over again however it’s not the tactic that’s the problem it’s our piss poor execution - given the opportunity to be invited to put ball after ball into their box we should be winning that game with ease .  Many saves did the lad actually make in the second half? 

Ive been so bought into what SG has been doing, I remain so but that last week has been atrocious and difficult to defend. 

We have had some shit days last few (+) years but that ranks right up there  utter shite  

Great post as usual  Markem

I have to say that Candeas and Tav are players we rely on too heavily .If both are not providing the half decent crosses .We are in big trouble .I'm not saying they are good .Quite the opposite .Both would have been replaced long before now for me 

The real quality is not there for me from either 

It astounds me teams are scoring from one or two deliveries and we aren't in sometimes 10 to 15 

Having Laff there was never going to help but the quality is horrendous .More often than not .The final ball into no man's land or not even getting over the first man 

Both are major culprits for me 

I'm very concerned that the players are given instructions and allegedly not following them.  

The big question is why?  

Extremely big problem if this is indeed the truth.  

It doesn't have to be the captain.  Anyone within the team that is also concerned can tell them to buck up their ideas.  

In the forces, you rely on your squad.  If you don't work together as a team,  then we all played our part to sort them out. We helped strengthen the weak and sorted out the squad members who were not pulling their weight.  This surely has to be the same idea?  So why is it not being implemented? 

They appear fractured which is a concern.  

We need a settled defensive unit = Worrell out, we need to have a midfielder that can pass the ball in to space through their defensive line, for our attack to run on to (he is not at the club just now) and we need another striker who can score goals to push or partner Morelos  (he is not at the club just now).

34 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

Great post as usual  Markem

I have to say that Candeas and Tav are players we rely on too heavily .If both are not providing the half decent crosses .We are in big trouble .I'm not saying they are good .Quite the opposite .Both would have been replaced long before now for me 

The real quality is not there for me from either 

It astounds me teams are scoring from one or two deliveries and we aren't in sometimes 10 to 15 

Having Laff there was never going to help but the quality is horrendous .More often than not .The final ball into no man's land or not even getting over the first man 

Both are major culprits for me 

Cheers EJ,  yeah totally agree  - hope yer well apart from the obvious.