Horrendous Feeling of Deja Vu

Clemdog

It's a catch 22 situation. We're never going to afford the quality of player needed to overtake the Scum if we keep paying off managers. But, if we're not moving forward, are players going to want to come? I think SG will be a big enough draw for players to come and work under, and the European run has helped put our name back out there again. There really is no other alternative but to stick with Gerrard for at least another 2 seasons imo. Even if that does entail the worst happening. 

Giving up supporting the team will never be an option for the biggest majority of  Gers fans. 

50,000+ fans in the lower tiers confirmed that.

However we have high standards, and it looks like it could be still be a rough road back before we are happy again.

1 minute ago, FSM said:

Thank fuck the tims have been shite this year or it could have been much worse by now.

Aye was thinking that during the build up when Boyd pointed out they had taken 22 from 24 away points this time last season and only taken 12 from 24 this season 

1 hour ago, ben51 said:

But we need to keep supporting the team.

Whether you think Murty, Caixinha or Warburton was the man to back we can't keep sacking Managers. 

I'm baffled at some of the decisions by the Manager, but whether you admit it or not there was no expectation of Gerrard winning the League in his first Season with us. He set that precedent with our performances in Europe and our home form. 

Gerrard was a gamble and we need to roll the dice again by backing him in the next few windows. Quality is required and I hope the shareholders allow him to bring it in.

In the meantime, collectively a response is required because we can't continue to not pick up 3 points.

Would you honestly give him more money based on his team selections, how much did we spend in the summer and how much of that was on the pitch today? 

8 minutes ago, gmcf said:

We have had to buy quantity over quality . Hopefully , if we can get the same amount of money in the summer , we can spread it out over two or three quality signings instead of over nearly a full team . 

Aye 3 quality signings only for gerrard to "rotate" them with shite

Our strongest 11 beat dundee or the sheep, or livi away, however our strongest 11 haven't been allowed to learn each other yet cause of gerrards fucking about

We need to be behind the management team, not necessarily the players who currently fill the jerseys. We need to believe in their vision. 

I'm not sure of the numbers but it was a huge overhaul in the summer. It is going to take time, not one transfer window, to get right. We were all raving about players like Coulibaly at the start of the season but I don't think he is quite the player made out to be. The same can be said for a lot of them. Perhaps Gerrard knows this too, but over time I hope he is able to sculpt his team into what we desire. There is only so much you can do in one window, in a short space of time and with one budget. He will have a greater idea of what is required. Just look at Caixinha now back in Mexico, about to compete for his second honour. 

I have watched Gerrard's film that's just come out and that convinced me that he is the right man to take us forward.

We will not win the league this season though, and I am unsure when after that.

1 hour ago, ForeverAndEver said:

He’s getting more of a chance because of who he is

Would disagree with this. He Would be getting hounded if it wasn't for his European form and the tims dropping more points than expected. If we go out on Thursday I expect a real backlash the next time we play like that in the league.

2 hours ago, ben51 said:

But we need to keep supporting the team.

Whether you think Murty, Caixinha or Warburton was the man to back we can't keep sacking Managers. 

I'm baffled at some of the decisions by the Manager, but whether you admit it or not there was no expectation of Gerrard winning the League in his first Season with us. He set that precedent with our performances in Europe and our home form. 

Gerrard was a gamble and we need to roll the dice again by backing him in the next few windows. Quality is required and I hope the shareholders allow him to bring it in.

In the meantime, collectively a response is required because we can't continue to not pick up 3 points.

Great post Ben

1 hour ago, Bobby Hume said:

👍

For me it goes back to an old quote by Walter Smith ..... "If you can achieve winning a league championship ...that to me ... is the full test of the team and management .... because it is over the full season and you have a lot of problems you have to overcome".

This season so far we have experienced some of those problems and hopefully ... when the dust settles ....  SG and his team start to iron them out. 

Next season is the one I fully expect to see a different type of player in the vital areas we are lacking in ..... two attacking mid fielders and two more strikers .... and hope we get the quality we need to sort out the team's lack of being able to break down stubborn defences once and for all.

Right now after this latest disappointing display today ..... another of Walter's sayings roughly paraphrase'd sets the feeling of the day ..... "Two bad results and Rangers are in a crisis" ..... as true now as it was then ..... and hopefully this attitude from our support never changes as it is correct to demand the best from management and players alike .... but not to the extremes of demanding a complete change of staff .... this does not always solve the problem as we have seen in our previous management teams and their choice of players.

I sincerely hope that SG will be given the time to get his players to the proper standards required of a title winning side and we don't fall into the change for the sake of changing trap.

:UK:

100% 👌

2 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

Would disagree with this. He Would be getting hounded if it wasn't for his European form and the tims dropping more points than expected. If we go out on Thursday I expect a real backlash the next time we play like that in the league.

How was le guens euro form when the mob mentality kicked in and chased him out of govan 

Europe is a luxury, the league is bread and butter, id rather be bottom of the euro group with nil points but be considerably clear at the top of the league, wen both us and the tarriers go out of europe, which we will at some point, they will likely kick on, we need to be level or in front to give us thay boost, we cannot play catch up as our players dont have the bottle to do so

We looked devoid of creativity and to keep working the ball out to Tav to pump a cross into a loaded box hasn't worked and we never seem to mix our play, Lafferty has been a let down although he had a good goal chopped off today but he has been a let down and his reactions in the box were poor. We have went from top of the league to square 1 in the space of a week if we had taken full points from our last 2 games we would be 4 points clear. Gutting we have blown a great chance to really put the pressure on.

9 minutes ago, STEPPS BOY said:

Realistically we are in a fight for second with Kilmarnock and Hearts.

All sort of debt to directors to scrap it out with Kilmarnock.

That is fucking depressing..

Chronically poor value for money for many a year now