Horrendous Feeling of Deja Vu

Clemdog

2 hours ago, Jimbeamjunior said:

How was le guens euro form when the mob mentality kicked in and chased him out of govan 

Europe is a luxury, the league is bread and butter, id rather be bottom of the euro group with nil points but be considerably clear at the top of the league, wen both us and the tarriers go out of europe, which we will at some point, they will likely kick on, we need to be level or in front to give us thay boost, we cannot play catch up as our players dont have the bottle to do so

He was also 15ish points behind in the league, Gerrard is 2. 

4 minutes ago, dougal72 said:

He was also 15ish points behind in the league, Gerrard is 2. 

Aye and thankfully the tarriers have been brutal at times, doesnt change the fact that europe shouldn't give him leeway over how fucking garbage we have been in the league

I don’t have the best memory, but I’m pretty sure we were lots more than two points behind them and out of Europe at this point, the last time we had a Liverpool legend, with no management experience, in charge. At least 50% of posters on here would have wanted Souness binned before Xmas in his first season.

58 minutes ago, left winger said:

I don’t have the best memory, but I’m pretty sure we were lots more than two points behind them and out of Europe at this point, the last time we had a Liverpool legend, with no management experience, in charge. At least 50% of posters on here would have wanted Souness binned before Xmas in his first season.

You’re right - your memory ain’t the best.

We’d already beaten them at Ibrox & in the League Cup Final by now in the season you mention.

Enough to buy anyone a bit of goodwill.

Just now, left winger said:

So we weren’t more than 2 points behind them and out of Europe?

So what - you posted a couple of negatives & conveniently ‘forgot’ a couple of real highlights which, as I said, would have bought enough goodwill to let him see the job through.

Think we’d be having this discussion if we’d won at the sty & had the league cup in the cabinet? (Either or, to be fair).

Gerard's remit was to put together a team that first and foremost would take care of the dross in the league.Never mind St Pats ,Just routinely beat the run of the mill teams and see where it would take us.He has failed to do this.We are dropping points left right and centre and he needs to call this .Other managers have been hunted for similar.

2 minutes ago, HG5 said:

So what - you posted a couple of negatives & conveniently ‘forgot’ a couple of real highlights which, as I said, would have bought enough goodwill to let him see the job through.

Think we’d be having this discussion if we’d won at the sty & had the league cup in the cabinet? (Either or, to be fair).

I didn’t conveniently forget anything. My point/opinion is that there would be plenty on this forum who would have called for the head of Souness bearing in mind our league position. Your ‘so what’ comment is a it bizarre, though.

We wouldn’t, but there would still be some doom and gloom merchants doing so.

3 minutes ago, left winger said:

I didn’t conveniently forget anything. My point/opinion is that there would be plenty on this forum who would have called for the head of Souness bearing in mind our league position. Your ‘so what’ comment is a it bizarre, though.

We wouldn’t, but there would still be some doom and gloom merchants doing so.

No they wouldn’t, because he’d shown he could beat the scum & win stuff.

So nothing bizarre about it.

3 minutes ago, HG5 said:

No they wouldn’t, because he’d shown he could beat the scum & win stuff.

So nothing bizarre about it.

‘So what’ tends to mean that something is unimportant - unless it’s meaning has changed recently. It’s bizarre that you think being behind them in the league and out of Europe is unimportant - in my opinion, of course.

Just now, Laudrup1690 said:

I agree he hasn’t been perfect but what big mistakes has he made?

Swapping centre backs nearly every game.

Not being able to change games, like today.

Choosing underperforming players a lot, can’t say that for today though.

Sadiq.

4 minutes ago, ForeverAndEver said:

Swapping centre backs nearly every game.

Not being able to change games, like today.

Choosing underperforming players a lot, can’t say that for today though.

Sadiq.

What underperforming players?the reason I guess he plays a lot of the same players is because on today’s viewing when he made a lot of changes the players were still shite.

i don’t think rotating c.b is a massive deal tbh but after today I hope Worrall fucks off back to forest.

our biggest problem is we don’t  have enough quality players and this needs to be addressed in jan out the summer.

14 minutes ago, left winger said:

‘So what’ tends to mean that something is unimportant - unless it’s meaning has changed recently. It’s bizarre that you think being behind them in the league and out of Europe is unimportant - in my opinion, of course.

Well, we all know how that panned out, don’t we?

Sorry, I’ve enough on worrying about a league we may or may not win, to waste time on one which I know the result of!

1 minute ago, Laudrup1690 said:

What underperforming players?the reason I guess he plays a lot of the same players is because on today’s viewing when he made a lot of changes the players were still shite.

i don’t think rotating c.b is a massive deal tbh but after today I hope Worrall fucks off back to forest.

our biggest problem is we don’t  have enough quality players and this needs to be addressed in jan out the summer.

Flanagan, Coulibaly and Ejaria