Anyone not quite seeing it with barasic

MacBoyd

9 minutes ago, harlands plater said:

I don’t buy this “settling in” line, plenty of players go to new clubs and play well straight away, they’re signed to improve the team they’re going to.

You only have to look at Kamara, cost a fraction of the money and looks the part already.

...and plenty of players go to new clubs and don’t play well straight away. Moot point.

At the moment I’d play Halliday in our bigger domestic games but Barisic against everyone else. He’s not exactly been bad but Halliday gives us a bit of extra bite against teams that only play whenever Rangers come to town  (Aberdeen,Hibs etc)

He has undoubted quality and looked a leader/warrior against us for Osijek

He will come good he’s just taking time to adjust to football in this country which is completely different to what he’ll be used to especially playing for a team who get kicked all over the park in most games. 

Tav hasn’t always been good for us but looks a cracking player this season and Borna has similar qualities

As an aside Borna looks far more comforable when Katic is on the left of defence so communication might be an issue for him just now as well 

With the optimistic lenses on I wonder if its a case of needing this season to adapt to the Scottish game - but more importantly to learn a whole lot more about what it means to be playing for Rangers and how important every minute of every game is to the Cub and the Support.    Same for Katic and Grezda, acknowledging also that all three have not yet had extended runs in the team for injury / other reasons.   

Still with the optimistic lenses on, maybe next season we see far more effective players having gotten over injuries and having gotten a bit more used to what it should mean to play for Rangers.  Maybe all or some of them might then earn the praise from SG as players 'he can trust'.    He uses that phrase every now and then when referring to players eg Halliday and Jack.    But no-one ever asks SG which players have not yet earned the label of being players he can trust.   That said, his public criticism of Katic and Barasic a while back maybe placed them into the group which has not yet done enough to earn his trust.   

Next season we will see big improvements in all 3...….I hope. 

Just now, AyrshireBlue said:

His overlap and cross into the box for Lafferty to score against Villareal has been my favourite goal this season..  

One of the most important goals of the season along with jacks goals against the scum. Barasic has the quality but having Kent in front of him not helping him as they have no link up play at all.

14 hours ago, Lloyd said:

War

E26F6AFE-CACC-474B-B4B9-33C698BF91E1.png

Certainly looks like he's playing through the pain barrier.  If he wants to play on grass until he's fully fit again I see no issue with that.  These plastic pitches are brutal and Murphy lost the entire season because of one.  Halliday can fill in for him when we go to those shit away grounds.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

One of the most important goals of the season along with jacks goals against the scum. Barasic has the quality but having Kent in front of him not helping him as they have no link up play at all.

He made up for costing villareal’s second goal 👍🏻