Finishing with a wimper

MacBoyd

We are actually top of the table for last 15 minutes goals, dont think its a fitness thing more lack of creativity against a packed defence. We have also played something like 38 games already this season so a bit of mental fatigue possibly ether way we need to freshen up in January, one or two guaranteed first team players will help.

Some of the bad performances have been before a Euro game to be fair, but the same performances have been evident in crunch/away games also, we also in most games have only one tactic to go wide and punt balls in, of which we are not good at that either and basically we hit a brick wall with no plan B.

On fitness Grezda looks done after about the hour mark but no other fitness issues with the rest of the squad.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The players clearly like the underdog scenario of Europe and don't have the mentality for being favourites going into games 

yes, maybe they feel more comfortable chasing, rather than leading.

you see it in tennis a lot. Guys who look invincible when they are down in a set only to crumble when they hit the front and serve for the set.

6 minutes ago, .Williamson. said:

The players clearly like the underdog scenario of Europe and don't have the mentality for being favourites going into games 

I think the style of play suits Europe more too rather than domestically where we struggle to break teams down

51 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

What about against St Mirren where we scored two? Or Hamilton where we scored three? Or Rapid where we scored two? Or Villarreal where we scored one? 

Talking about the league. St mirren wasn't that late admittedly I forgot about Hamilton. If u think our efforts to turn bad results into wins have been acceptable there is no point talking to you.

1 minute ago, MacBoyd said:

Talking about the league. St mirren wasn't that late admittedly I forgot about Hamilton. If u think our efforts to turn bad results into wins have been acceptable there is no point talking to you.

St Mirren was 0-0 until 80minutes. Also you said it had never happened from a drawing or losing position. I’ve just given you four.

Horseshit you were talking about the league otherwise you would’ve said ‘in the league’. 

If you’re going to make a point at least make it accurately otherwise there is no point talking to you. 

It's an attitude problem after all we were good enough in the Europa this season to eliminate Spanish opposition if it had been home and away so we should never be dropping the amount of points at home that we have. The players have to realise that if you are at a big club you have to win all the games not just the ones you fancy.

36 minutes ago, Leeds_Bear said:

St Mirren was 0-0 until 80minutes. Also you said it had never happened from a drawing or losing position. I’ve just given you four.

Horseshit you were talking about the league otherwise you would’ve said ‘in the league’. 

If you’re going to make a point at least make it accurately otherwise there is no point talking to you. 

You didn't give me four. I didn't state in the league but was pretty obvious everyone else understood it.

5 minutes ago, Gazza1212 said:

There's clearly a mentality issue.

You don't avoid defeat to Villareal over 180 minutes of football then lose to fkn Aberdeen unless there is. 

I think there is a fear to be the one to make it happen from most of the players