Deliver the League Title

Brian Fantana

44 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

“I want us to get better but I don’t want the club to give the manager anymore money to do it”

I’ve seen people say this in a round about way a couple of times last night and I honestlty don’t understand that train of thought at all.

I don't either mate. It's clear we are lacking quailty espically in the final 3rd. The type of players we need to improve that is only available by spending money. 

For me it was always going to take 2-3 windows to build the sqaud up. Expecting a title winning side after 1 window was completely unrealistic. 

1 minute ago, backup said:

Ah got you now, you think we will be better than 2nd, look forward to it, 29th will make or break our charge to the title. 

I certainly hope we will. I'll not be throwing my toys out the pram before I've even got my Xmas tree up though because we're two points off the top of the table.

11 minutes ago, BlueKnight87 said:

I don't either mate. It's clear we are lacking quailty espically in the final 3rd. The type of players we need to improve that is only available by spending money. 

For me it was always going to take 2-3 windows to build the sqaud up. Expecting a title winning side after 1 window was completely unrealistic.

As unrealistic as expecting all 15 signings made in a relatively short space of time to a be a success.

5 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

That’s like saying I want to win The Lottery but I’m fucked if I’m going to give them my money for a ticket. 

It’s absolutely bizarre. I don’t know how anybody can demand better but not want the manager to get the resources to allow him to do so. The standard answer seems to be an experienced manager would do better but our deficiencies are so obvious that I think most managers would struggle to address our issues without adding to the pool of players we currently have.

Just now, DBBTB said:

It’s absolutely bizarre. I don’t know how anybody can demand better but not want the manager to get the resources to allow him to do so. The standard answer seems to be an experienced manager would do better but our deficiencies are so obvious that I think most managers would struggle to address our issues without adding to the pool of players we currently have.

Got one in another thread saying it's a big gamble giving money to him in January and thinking he's the right man for the job.

It's like the fucking twilight zone in here today.

6 minutes ago, DBBTB said:

He almost got us to the knock out stages of EL ( when the general consensus was we wouldn’t make the groups) has us right on the tail of the scum ( when the general consensus was we should be happy with running them close) and folk don’t want to give him anymore money because a few of his buys are having a hard time settling in. 

If we went down that road with Walter we wouldn’t have won anything. 

1 hour ago, Smile said:

I still think Grezda needs time he should have been on for Middleton last night on the same side as Barasic I think that would have improved us.

Fair enough.

To me he looks the type of player who will come on and score when you are already 2 or 3 up rather than the type of player we need trying to unlock a game against a physical side in the SPFL that’s sitting back.

3 hours ago, Smile said:

I still think Grezda needs time he should have been on for Middleton last night on the same side as Barasic I think that would have improved us.

I agree, I would have thought that he and Barasic shoulld have a good understanding of each others play and semed a natural left side partnershiip.

9 hours ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Thank fuck I avoided this thread last night. 

2 transfer windows with little money and inherited a shower of shite and folk actually want him sacked if we don’t win the league. 

Why not just give him a teaspoon and tell him to empty the North Sea. 

Made me lol but as good an analogy as I’ve seen.