Deliver the League Title

Brian Fantana

Can't be bothered reading every post,  so maybe it's been said...………..but its all about stopping them getting 10.  Anyone thinking we were going to rebuild yet again this season with modest funds and then win the league are deluded. I hope for a strong second place.  Then build from there. Europe was a distraction from our main focus. When I was a lad I expected us to win the league every year,  even in the Greig years.  Some seem still to be thinking that way.

It’s not going to happen this season unless the taigs have an absolute disaster.

We need too many new players that we just aren’t going to get in a January window.

We’ve been minging of late and it should be a reality check for people to see where we still are and how much is still needed for us to go the distance over a season.

If we beat celtic once and finish a comfortable 2nd then it's a good season. Winning the league this season was always a bit optimistic. Time will tell if Gerrard gets the funds, and spends them wisely - 2/3m doesn't get you much these days. celtic will also be strengthening aswell and do have money to play with so always a difficult task to catch them.

1 hour ago, Bakbear said:

Naw. Winners win titles. 

Footballing men win football matches. 

Leaders win titles 

Steven Gerrard is a straight talking, no nonsense winner who live and breathes football. He is not here for the money he is here for the fight. 

He has taken us from a European laughing stock to a couple of unlucky breaks from qualification out of the group stages of the  UEFA cup having played teams with 10 times our budget. 

Some inconsistency aside he has us back at the sharp end of the league table and has corrected our home form as well as taken us 11 games unbeaten in Europe. 

All in one transfer window. Imagine what he will do with 3 or 4 windows. 

I repeat talk of sacking him is madness

You're actually dreaming. 

We're still second equal on points with Kilmarnock, we're still losing terrible goals from set plays ( Aberdeen and Motherwell), we've got 1 point from 4 games against celtic and Aberdeen, we couldn't make the league cup final, our football is awful to watch, our new signings have added little (apart from McGregor) tell me exactly what it is you think Gerrard is doing well? 

4 minutes ago, gsa said:

You're actually dreaming. 

We're still second equal on points with Kilmarnock, we're still losing terrible goals from set plays ( Aberdeen and Motherwell), we've got 1 point from 4 games against celtic and Aberdeen, we couldn't make the league cup final, our football is awful to watch, our new signings have added little (apart from McGregor) tell me exactly what it is you think Gerrard is doing well? 

He's making a marginally passable silk purse out of a cow's fanny just now.

I don't think that us not winning the league would be a reason to call it a false dawn, or give up on Gerrard.

I think it's a massive ask for any manager, no matter how good, to come in, build a tea almost from scratch, and go on to win the league that year.

He needs this season and next season at least IMO.  We have to stick with someone ffs.

Gerrard and him alone is at fault for team selection an his rotational pish I’ve had enough of, a blind man can see it’s doing us more harm than good.

maybe in the epl where you have a super star in your team you’ll try and keep him fresh for big games, it disne apply here play the best 11 every week unless we have injuries, suspensions, potential suspension or dip in form against everybody.

The standard of player we sign comes from a joint decision of him, mark allen and king if he backs them with the cash to sign them, not Gerrard alone can be accounted for this

2 hours ago, Siwel said:

He needs more than 1 transfer window ffs, could understand this with warburton or Pedro because they were utter mongs who showed no signs of improvement but binning Gerrard after 1 season would be ludicrous.

You mean Gerrard is a celebrity manager that’s why he seems to be afforded more time.

2 minutes ago, Tomatasauce said:

Gerrard and him alone is at fault for team selection an his rotational pish I’ve had enough of, a blind man can see it’s doing us more harm than good.

maybe in the epl where you have a super star in your team you’ll try and keep him fresh for big games, it disne apply here play the best 11 every week unless we have injuries, suspensions, potential suspension or dip in form against everybody.

The standard of player we sign comes from a joint decision of him, mark allen and king if he backs them with the cash to sign them, not Gerrard alone can be accounted for this

But we've had injuries, suspensions and dips in form. It happens. Strongest 11 hasn't been seen yet cause no one knows what it is.

Spent the night fucking and blinding at the tv. I’m desperate to be optimistic but it’s being sucked out of me a bit at the moment. Anyone wanting Gerrard sacked though, are taking it a bit too far in my opinion. This was always going to be a very difficult job to take on. However, he had the balls to take it on and he should be given a fighting chance to take us forward. We can’t keep sacking managers and then trying to fund new players all the time. 

I am still hopeful that we can keep a challenge going (because I think the tarriers are a very average team) and if we can take the majority of our points between now and the 29th, I honestly believe we have a great chance of beating them on the day. 

So come take fuck Rangers and don’t drain the last bits of hope out of me.