Deliver the League Title

Brian Fantana

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I don't think there's a Rangers boss in history that hasn't lost semi-finals. Loss at Ibrox wasn't clever but I'll not lose much sleep over losing a league game in December when we're still only 2 points off top.

Was just correcting the fact, mate.

I think, though, you might have cause to look at those sleep patterns before the month end.

We could do with the break now, not in another 5 matches, to get the players freshened up.

The schedule must be murder on lads who aren’t  used to this level of intensity, and it’s not easing up.

Also, the travel in between means less time for the coaching staff to get a proper grip on routines, plays, recuperation from injuries, etc.

5 minutes ago, A.T.G said:

2 points off the scum in December. Narrowly missed out on European football after Xmas. He’s had 1 transfer window. The last 3 games have been a concern but there is progress there and something to build on. When was the last time we could say that? 

I’d say we’re a centre back, 4 midfielders and a striker away from where we need to be. It’s not about beating the scum, it’s about beating everyone else. 

So that is half a team away really?? Cost, probably about 20m minimum??? To even have a chance of competing - not going to happen over this window or summer in fact.

2 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

Well, first step in that plan is to raise funds - Morelos?? Candieas?? Lafferty?? Can't see where the money is coming for a complete overhaul of 6-7 players.

I trust Gerrard and Rangers to make it happen. Don’t have the answers but I believe. 

Just now, HG5 said:

Was just correcting the fact, mate.

I think, though, you might have cause to look at those sleep patterns before the month end.

We could do with the break now, not in another 5 matches, to get the players freshened up.

The schedule must be murder on lads who aren’t  used to this level of intensity, and it’s not easing up.

Also, the travel in between means less time for the coaching staff to get a proper grip on routines, plays, recuperation from injuries, etc.

I think when you look at some of the injuries we've picked up we've been pretty unlucky and it's showing on some of the players who have been involved more than expected. Losing Murphy and Dorrans for the season has been a bigger loss than some give credit for (Gerrard clearly viewed both as a big part of his side) and has put more strain on guys like Middleton, Ejaria and Kent to perform consistently.

Totally agree on the travel thing and it's something I mentioned earlier on in relation to something else. Murty had said that they are trying to replicate a similar schedule for the reserves to get them used to the travel. I actually spoke about it with Craig Mulholland a couple of years ago and he'd said it was something they wanted to do to prepare the players for the step up. Without having looked at the numbers, I doubt many of our senior squad are fully adjusted to that sort of schedule yet.

2 minutes ago, eejay the dj said:

😂😂😂😂😂

Get the Dude .Irony 

What's ironic? Some might find me argumentative but I tend to view stuff optimistically rather than bleating and whining at every little thing and my posts reflect that (both my posts on here and the stuff I do for work about Rangers). Can call me a lot of things - and plenty have - but negative isn't really one that fits.

1 minute ago, The Dude said:

I think when you look at some of the injuries we've picked up we've been pretty unlucky and it's showing on some of the players who have been involved more than expected. Losing Murphy and Dorrans for the season has been a bigger loss than some give credit for (Gerrard clearly viewed both as a big part of his side) and has put more strain on guys like Middleton, Ejaria and Kent to perform consistently.

Totally agree on the travel thing and it's something I mentioned earlier on in relation to something else. Murty had said that they are trying to replicate a similar schedule for the reserves to get them used to the travel. I actually spoke about it with Craig Mulholland a couple of years ago and he'd said it was something they wanted to do to prepare the players for the step up. Without having looked at the numbers, I doubt many of our senior squad are fully adjusted to that sort of schedule yet.

It’s got to be a factor & we’ll see what happens when they’re refreshed after the break.

I think we’re miles away from the intensity we played with earlier on - I suspect down to simple fatigue.

I seem to recall seeing Liverpool early Klopp & they would chase things down like madmen, then suddenly run out of steam, as they simply weren’t used to it.

Couple of years on & they’ve adapted - it takes time.

3 hours ago, The Godfather said:

January and the summer are crucial. If he isn’t challenging seriously by this time next season then for me it will be time up. 

King has invested in him more than anyone else so far so it has to continue. No more shite loans either 

I’m still on Gerrard bandwagon but this is spot on. 

1 minute ago, HG5 said:

It’s got to be a factor & we’ll see what happens when they’re refreshed after the break.

I think we’re miles away from the intensity we played with earlier on - I suspect down to simple fatigue.

I seem to recall seeing Liverpool early Klopp & they would chase things down like madmen, then suddenly run out of steam, as they simply weren’t used to it.

Couple of years on & they’ve adapted - it takes time.

Absolutely. The idea that we should rip it up and start again (again) is utterly mental and will only set us back further. Will be interesting to see what the plans are for January during the break. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go away for a mini pre-season somewhere hot and try get that energy back.

19 minutes ago, The Dude said:

I'm heading that way too. A lot of it just seems like folk moaning for the sake of it.

Aye they defo.do. some.are absolutely stinking bastards. Others just love watching us struggle.

I thought tonight and against spartak showed we 're better than both but didn't have the nousto beat them.

I'm.fucking gutted man 

2 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Absolutely. The idea that we should rip it up and start again (again) is utterly mental and will only set us back further. Will be interesting to see what the plans are for January during the break. Wouldn't be surprised to see them go away for a mini pre-season somewhere hot and try get that energy back.

Somewhere hot? What they need is the Jock Wallace hairdryer treatment and to be taken to the Gullane Sands? :pipe:

1 minute ago, Rfc52 said:

Aye they defo.do. some.are absolutely stinking bastards. Others just love watching us struggle.

I thought tonight and against spartak showed we 're better than both but didn't have the nousto beat them.

I'm.fucking gutted man 

Aye, I think we still lack some street smarts at this level. It'll come though.

Just now, The Dude said:

Aye, I think we still lack some street smarts at this level. It'll come though.

Some.on here don't want that but

Wonder fucking why. They hate king more than they love our club. They want him.and Gerrard to.fail.

The rest of.us. We just want Rangers to win..No matter the board or.the manager. That's the difference 

51 minutes ago, Terry Hurlock Loyal said:

That will be solved when Steven Davis returns in January, I hope.

Short memory!  Captained like Wallace and was not good enough to play his central midfield position when he still had legs and played regularly. We do not need yet another midfielder who is past his sell by date.

25 minutes ago, The Dude said:

What's ironic? Some might find me argumentative but I tend to view stuff optimistically rather than bleating and whining at every little thing and my posts reflect that (both my posts on here and the stuff I do for work about Rangers). Can call me a lot of things - and plenty have - but negative isn't really one that fits.

Lighten up mate and stop taking yourself so seriously 😀

We don't all think you are a superstar 

7 minutes ago, docspiderman said:

Short memory!  Captained like Wallace and was not good enough to play his central midfield position when he still had legs and played regularly. We do not need yet another midfielder who is past his sell by date.

Wot

4 hours ago, Brian Fantana said:

That's the core of any managers job and it's all thats left for Gerrard this season now the fairytales over. 

Fail in that and I've seen enough to know this is another false dawn and the scum will go on winning for years, be as well replacing managers every season as none of them will ever get financial backing to challenge and they just tarnish their own reputation trying with us. Gerrard will be no different. 

You been drinking bleach?

So basically it's One or Done now for eternity?

A manager can no longer build a squad over a period of time and with it build a serious and genuine contender, we just need to keep on going through manager after manager if they don't win thr League in their first season while facing a tim squad/manager used to winning things on a regular basis.

Bonkers man.