Morelos

tannerall

36 minutes ago, Prso's headband said:

Kinda hit home with me last night when he done the wingers job and beat two players and played a ball across the box where he was meant to be. 

We need quality badly to support him. 

Our spine of McGregor Goldson Arfield and Morelos is fine. I think you can include Tav and Barisic, maybe Candeias in there. We’re really not far away

We need quality to support Arfield going forward, someone to push or play with Morelos and dictator in the middle. Ryan Jack played well last night but that’s 50% of the time. 

The spine I agree with

Candeas and Tav .Not for me 

5 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Kinda hit home with me last night when he done the wingers job and beat two players and played a ball across the box where he was meant to be. 

We need quality badly to support him. 

Our spine of McGregor Goldson Arfield and Morelos is fine. I think you can include Tav and Barisic, maybe Candeias in there. We’re really not far away

We need quality to support Arfield going forward, someone to push or play with Morelos and dictator in the middle. Ryan Jack played well last night but that’s 50% of the time. 

I can’t disagree with that. A few players of better quality will make all the difference.

What disappointed me most about last night was we sometimes broke forward quickly but the ball through was always wrong, usually by Coulibaly. A bit of composure and today we’d all be feeling a lot different.

2 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I can’t disagree with that. A few players of better quality will make all the difference.

What disappointed me most about last night was we sometimes broke forward quickly but the ball through was always wrong, usually by Coulibaly. A bit of composure and today we’d all be feeling a lot different.

Coulibaly and Jack are fine in games we don’t want to lose, in-fact they both excel. Games like the taigs away, Villarreal etc they’re really useful. 

However, considering 90% of the teams we play in a season just sit in, we dont need them. Playing 1 is defensive, playing 2 is horrendous against most SPFL sides. We badly need a Davis type player, just worried he’s not kicked a ball in 6 months so he won’t make an instant impact. January signings need to hit the ground running

Regardless of their ability, how can anyone defend a player that gets a wee tap on the cheek, and then after a delayed reaction, he then collapses face down as if he's been shot by a bazooka clutching an unscathed face?

This play acting / cheating is endemic in our sport and is a brass neck to watch whether from our player or anyone else.

I don't give a fuck about "whataboutery" or any other team. We are Rangers. We stand tall and proud. Every one of our players should be above that shite.

No knee jerk reactions from me, but now after 20 odd games in charge, thefirst question I have to ask of our manager (though young he may be) is whether he finds this an agreeable situation, or if not - what is he going to do about it?

5 hours ago, eejay the dj said:

We are terrible at the dark arts of the game 

A part of the game that's getting to be a skill in itself 

We lose out all the time 

I agree, we've lost the art of being cute. Mind you, we can't even get away with it when the refs miss it....every camera in the ground pics out any incident going, yet it's only our players that get done. 

12 minutes ago, East Enclosure Row N said:

Regardless of their ability, how can anyone defend a player that gets a wee tap on the cheek, and then after a delayed reaction, he then collapses face down as if he's been shot by a bazooka clutching an unscathed face?

This play acting / cheating is endemic in our sport and is a brass neck to watch whether from our player or anyone else.

I don't give a fuck about "whataboutery" or any other team. We are Rangers. We stand tall and proud. Every one of our players should be above that shite.

No knee jerk reactions from me, but now after 20 odd games in charge, thefirst question I have to ask of our manager (though young he may be) is whether he finds this an agreeable situation, or if not - what is he going to do about it?

He made a cunt of himself he struggles when up against a better level of player that's when the antics start.

58 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

See your point and it’s a glaring issue. The ball broke a few times last night and not once did I think oh this could lead to a chance, especially when Coulibaly is on the ball. It’s got to the stage where I’m actually happy when he passes to one of our players so expecting cutting edge passes from Coulibaly or McCrorie is never going to happen. 

We need serious quality in the middle of the park. It’s staring us right in the face

26 minutes ago, Smile said:

He made a cunt of himself he struggles when up against a better level of player that's when the antics start.

What would you’re opinion be if it was the other way around and Morelos gets sent off? Can bet my house you’d be giving it he’s a fucking idiot slapping opposition players etc get rid bla bla bla. 

There’s no way the wee band of people on here come out and say aye the Rapid player should’ve got up it was embarrassing bla bla

Just now, Prso's headband said:

What would you’re opinion be if it was the other way around and Morelos gets sent off? Can bet my house you’d be giving it he’s a fucking idiot slapping opposition players etc get rid bla bla bla. 

There’s no way the wee band of people on here come out and say aye the Rapid player should’ve got up it was embarrassing bla bla

No, I'd say it was play acting just like Morelos did but would have been happy if their player had been sent off for striking him as it gave us an advantage.

16 hours ago, tannerall said:

Not sure about a "target man". Better with another quick thinking skilled forward as a pair geting decent midfield support, playing it on the ground. Would run through Scots defences for fun.

The player who came on for Rapid (knassmuller I think) looked a right good striker probably can’t afford him mind you. 

1 hour ago, BlueThunder said:

Decision making is terrible, watching last night I’m screaming at the tele where to play it and it never happens. 

God knows how you train that into someone. 

4 minutes ago, Courtyard Bear said:

Decision making is terrible, watching last night I’m screaming at the tele where to play it and it never happens. 

God knows how you train that into someone. 

With a lot of difficulty, I imagine. That is why some players are so expensive because they see what others don't. And, we need a good decision maker in the middle of the park stroking passes around that splits defenses and that other players can use instead of running backwards to collect the ball. I share your frustration. 

4 minutes ago, ZZed said:

With a lot of difficulty, I imagine. That is why some players are so expensive because they see what others don't. And, we need a good decision maker in the middle of the park stroking passes around that splits defenses and that other players can use instead of running backwards to collect the ball. I share your frustration. 

Crying out for that player. 

Trouble is they cost a lot of money probably the whole budget for a transfer window, don’t think even Stevie has the baws to put all those eggs in one basket. 

2 hours ago, Prso's headband said:

Goals against most teams we’ve played in Europe suggest that’s another absolutely nonsense post by yourself. 

He’s only scored against 3 of the 7 we’ve played - that’s not ‘most’.