As a support (re: middleton)

RFC55

Ddint think.the wee.man was great tonight. Thought he was.poor v Aberdeen and struggled.v Dundee.but can.anyone tell.ke.why an 18 year old.boy with the contribution he's had.this.year gets.the absolute dogs abuse he's had this year?

I genuinely thought Charlie Adam.was.poor but fan power seemed to.force the boy out and we.kissed out on a huge windfall, why do.we always seem as a support.to right our youngsters off so.easily?

I hate to.use them.as.an example.but the taigs despised Forrest but how.view him.as some kind of.superstar after 6 years of.depsising him.but they stick.with him. Us we write everyone off.after three bad games

Why? 

1 minute ago, GA1972 said:

Potential is there with Middleton but he’s still a bit off being a starter 

Forrest is, was and always will be absolutely awful. If 5 goals made you a player we’d still have Pena

He is mate but the boy starting isn't his fault imo

I feel.for him

We are a hard support to play in front of 

14 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

Ddint think.the wee.man was great tonight. Thought he was.poor v Aberdeen and struggled.v Dundee.but can.anyone tell.ke.why an 18 year old.boy with the contribution he's had.this.year gets.the absolute dogs abuse he's had this year?

I genuinely thought Charlie Adam.was.poor but fan power seemed to.force the boy out and we.kissed out on a huge windfall, why do.we always seem as a support.to right our youngsters off so.easily?

I hate to.use them.as.an example.but the taigs despised Forrest but how.view him.as some kind of.superstar after 6 years of.depsising him.but they stick.with him. Us we write everyone off.after three bad games

Why? 

I know you're out your box probably but that does not detract from the points you are making. 🙂  Alan Hutton was the exact same, he got pelters from the fans or at least a vocal section of the fans.   He managed, IIRC in just a few games, to really turn it around but those critics early-doors would have punted him.  I think some fans need to be more patient. 

2 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It’s a shame tbh didn’t think he was that bad tonight and was probably our best option on the wing of the players available.  Needs to add a bit more to his game but in a few years he’ll be a fantastic player for us.

Fully agree, he wasn’t great tonight but the reality is he’s not ready for a game of that magnitude yet but he will be in time. For now the boss needs to show some faith in Grezda and let’s see how good he is. No excuses down that left side now that Borna is back 

1 minute ago, siddiqi_drinker said:

I know you're out your box probably but that does not detract from the points you are making. 🙂  Alan Hutton was the exact same, he got pelters from the fans or at least a vocal section of the fans.   He managed, IIRC in just a few games, to really turn it around but those critics early-doors would have punted him.  I think some fans need to be more patient. 

I am mate.

However I was at Aberdeen at home. He got fucking dogs abuse. Why is the 18yo getting it worse than the mist experience players?

We are a tough support at ibrox to play in front of.

Know you're abroad mate but our away fans seem so much more forgiving 

4 minutes ago, GA1972 said:

Fully agree, he wasn’t great tonight but the reality is he’s not ready for a game of that magnitude yet but he will be in time. For now the boss needs to show some faith in Grezda and let’s see how good he is. No excuses down that left side now that Borna is back 

I think Gerrard knows he’s a dud mate, tonight he started an 18 year old and a CM ahead of him on the wings. That’s a red flag for me.

17 minutes ago, Rfc52 said:

I am mate.

However I was at Aberdeen at home. He got fucking dogs abuse. Why is the 18yo getting it worse than the mist experience players?

We are a tough support at ibrox to play in front of.

Know you're abroad mate but our away fans seem so much more forgiving 

M8 it has always been like that, for decades, even in the bad days our traveling support rarely gave the players grief - probably cause we were wasted, fighting with the opposition or both.  

You can see he has the potential just sometimes his touch let’s him down, he knows what he needs to do we just need to give him the chance to practice a bit more. Certainly not the reason we are going out considering his contributions over the group games he’s played.

As for the dogs abuse, it will always be the way - if a player supports Rangers they’re on a short leash, whether it’s jealousy or something else, either way I always find it ridiculous. 

38 minutes ago, Siwel said:

It’s a shame tbh didn’t think he was that bad tonight and was probably our best option on the wing of the players available.  Needs to add a bit more to his game but in a few years he’ll be a fantastic player for us.

Yeah but you could see the young head in some of the decisions he made, a ball into the box when only Morelos was there was probably the most glaring example.

I do think he'll come good given time, but then again I thought that about Bates and he was allowed to leave on a free.

1 hour ago, Siwel said:

I think Gerrard knows he’s a dud mate, tonight he started an 18 year old and a CM ahead of him on the wings. That’s a red flag for me.

Exactly this, said the same to the old man before the game started & surprise more hasn't been made of It

1 of our most expensive signings didn't get a start in our biggest game of the season even though 1 of our wingers was suspended and the other has had a poor few games in the last few weeks.

Was very surprised Grezda didn't start and agree, it seems a massive red flag

Football fans have always reflected the wider societal problems. Today’s society is all about instant gratification. No patience at all. Like Simon Sinek says, people want to be at the top of the mountain but don’t want to do the climbing. 

Middleton is a decent prospect who is working his arse off to improve. His attitude is spot on and the ability and experience will come. He wasn’t our worst player tonight. 

The only players that should get pellets from our support are the ones who hide or don’t try. We have had plenty over the years. The ones that work their arse off and commit to the team should be actual supported u til such times the manager decides if they have the ability. 

If any player is working hard and trying his best it’s not his fault if he isn’t good enough and the manager picks him

middleton however is not in that category

7 minutes ago, Creampuff said:

Injuries to Kent and suspensions to Candeias have forced Gerrard’s hand with him. 

He could have used a season of ‘last 20 min’ appearances with the occasional start; but he’ll benefit long-term from this experience.

Our fans just love writing players off. Probably because our support has loads of miserable bastards; demonstrated by the astounding number of posters on here who become much more prolific after a bad result.

I'm not miserable. Even now I'm still cheery

He needs taken out the firing line until after the break imo. Benched and brought on when we are comfortable, like quite a few, he's lost his confidence.

It also shows how poor quality of a squad we have when we need to play an 18 year old in a must win game, it also doesn't say much for Grezda.

5 goals and 4 assists so far this season. 

Does it again in the second half of the season and you’re looking at an 18 year old being involved in about 20 goals this season. 

Imagine if it was a young Scottish tarrier...