*****Official Rangers v Hamilton Thread*****

Brian Fantana

• Replies 958
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really think Grezda flatters to deceive. He looks quite technical but doesn’t get past players really and never plays the telling ball.

I know it is early days but I don’t think he is suited at the moment. Perhaps he’d be better centrally. At the moment he doesn’t look to have much of an understanding with anyone which is understandable I guess.

1 minute ago, danger ranger said:

We have only one tactic, go wide and punt a ball in the box, one dimensional football.

It's the only way you can play when teams come to play with 10 men basically camping on the edge of their box. We are just missing that bit of quality in the wide areas.

Following a familiar pattern so far.  Dominating possession and then no one willing to just take a shot.  Wish we had a player like Albertz in there to shoot and score from distance without just passing it out wide to lump into the box aimlessly.

1 minute ago, Brian Fantana said:

We really need to get a decent attacker in January, even just on loan. Laffertys not cutting it. 

Fuck all to do with Lafferty, it's lack of creativity midfield as ever is the problem. It's what you get with lack of quality.

Solid performance and cruising.

8 minutes ago, IpswichGer said:

Can't believe people are grumbling about our performance already as if it is unnacceptable. I must be watching a different game. I want a 2nd goal too but but the knives can surely be put away for a while yet!!

I don't think it is grumbling as such. It is just that we need to put them to the sword. All it takes is one slip and they are back in the game. It doesn't matter how few shots they've had or how poor they are. It only takes one shot to score. So as comfortable and strong as we look here, more goals are needed.

Just now, WeDontDoWalkingAway1872 said:

It's the only way you can play when teams come to play with 10 men basically camping on the edge of their box. We are just missing that bit of quality in the wide areas.

Surely try a one-two at some point rather than always go wide?

Final third failings yet again. Game should be out of sight already, need a bit more from Jack and Arfield going forward and avoid constant crosses in to an empty box. Grezda a bit worrying for me given the ££££££££, expect so much more from him against  this garbage 

3 minutes ago, BlueThunder said:

I really think Grezda flatters to deceive. He looks quite technical but doesn’t get past players really and never plays the telling ball.

I know it is early days but I don’t think he is suited to us. Perhaps he’d be better centrally.

I honestly don't think he is a winger. He is an inside forward.

Archived